Bidders for the 2018/2022 Fifa World Cup™

Choose your preferable country to present the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
The decision on the hosting of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ tournaments will be revealed in Zurich on Thursday 2 December. You can follow all the candidates’ presentations and the announcement of the winners, LIVE here on FIFA.com.

Click here to follow the 2022 Bidders' Presentations LIVE

A host of VIPs and renowned personalities from the worlds of sport and politics will be present in Zurich, supporting their home nations’ bids. The world’s media will also turn out in force, with some 1,000 journalists accredited to cover the event, and nearly 70 TV stations broadcasting live from Zurich.

The final presentations by the nine candidates begin on Wednesday at the Home of FIFA in Zurich. Proceedings open with the contenders to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The running order starts with Australia at 14.00 CET, followed on the hour, every hour by Korea Republic, Qatar, USA and Japan, who have the final starting slot at 18:00.

The candidates for the 2018 FIFA World Cup take to the stage on Thursday morning. Belgium and the Netherlands start the ball rolling at 9.00, followed by Spain and Portugal, England, and finally Russia at 12 midday. The running order was previously determined by the drawing of lots.

Following the presentations, the FIFA Executive Committee will gather to consider its verdict and vote on the choice of host nation for the forthcoming finals. The announcement is expected at approximately 16.00 CET, when FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter will open the envelopes to reveal the names of the winners before a live audience and the global media representatives at Zurich Exhibition Centre.

Stay tuned to FIFA.com, the official website of world football’s governing body, for full coverage of two enthralling days. Our LIVE reporting on events at the Home of FIFA begins at 14.00 CET on Wednesday. We’ll exclusively bring you the presentations by all nine candidates, followed by the official announcement of the FIFA World Cup host nations on Thursday afternoon.

Final presentations: running order

Wednesday, 1 December 2010
14:00 Australia
15:00 Korea Republic
16:00 Qatar
17:00 USA
18:00 Japan

Thursday, 2 December 2010
09:00 Belgium/Netherlands
10:00 Spain/Portugal
11:00 England
12:00 Russia

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
I voted to japan, simply they are amazing in every aspect :star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
USA and Belguim/Netherlands.

Japan/Korea had it in 2002, can't see them getting it again so soon. Qatar, too many questions bout security of region (sorry, it's true). Australia is a possible dark horse.

USA set record for attendence and revenue, FIFA wants to go back there anyway. Japan will definitely get another WC though, just seems way too soon since 2002

Only picked belguim/netherlands cause a) I can't see Russia getting there act together and b) others have hosted. But I guess both England and Spain/Portugal are very deserving.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Japan/Korea had it in 2002, can't see them getting it again so soon. Qatar, too many questions bout security of region (sorry, it's true). Australia is a possible dark horse.

USA set record for attendence and revenue, FIFA wants to go back there anyway. Japan will definitely get another WC though, just seems way too soon since 2002

Only picked belguim/netherlands cause a) I can't see Russia getting there act together and b) others have hosted. But I guess both England and Spain/Portugal are very deserving.
I seriously have no idea who will get the 2022 one, all candidates have a real chance. Russia has a lot of lobby power; England would have hosted Olympic games just 10 years back + they haven't hosted a WC since 1966. Spain/Portugal have the recent attractiveness that the best NT is from there + two of football's most important figures today are from there. Belgium/Holland have just recently hosted an Euro with relative success, though again, they might gain points for never hosting a WC.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
and Spain/Portugal :conf:

England has waited longer and has better facilities as a whole. 1966 compared to 1982

However Spain made a smart move partnering with Portugal who have never hosted it.

Total toss up in my opinion between all 4 european hosts.

England should have teamed up with Scotland, letting Calum go insane by fact the general media would drop scotland and generally not acknowledge them as a host.

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
England has waited longer and has better facilities as a whole. 1966 compared to 1982

However Spain made a smart move partnering with Portugal who have never hosted it.

Total toss up in my opinion between all 4 european hosts.

I knew I knew I knew and i believe it will be the turned point for the English team to show their identity again but Portugal/Spain deserve the chance and in 2018 can upgrade their stadiums and infrastructures.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Prefer either Quatar or Spain. QUatar has some really insane stadium design plans going on already while Spain is awesome altogether. Just something sunny and fun please, somethig other than England.:o

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I knew I knew I knew and i believe it will be the turned point for the English team to show their identity again but Portugal/Spain deserve the chance and in 2018 can upgrade their stadiums and infrastructures.

I don't think they have the money. Spanish clubs are mostly broke. I think only Valencia is 'close' to breaking ground and they are also in massive debt.

Eitherway though you got bernebau, camp nou and estadio de luz (benfica), estadio de dragao (porto)... 4 excellent world cup stadiums

I know most of rest of spanish/portugese are on par or worse than most mid/lower table italian sides...

England's got.... wembley, old trafford, emirates, new tottenham stadium, possibly new anfield.... stadium of light, villa park and st james park are big enough (not sure there physical conditions).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Prefer either Quatar or Spain. QUatar has some really insane stadium design plans going on already while Spain is awesome altogether. Just something sunny and fun please, somethig other than England.:o

For the players, I think they prefer england. Moderate summer OR 40C summer in spain/portugal. I know which I'd prefer to play.

Then again, I'm not playing.... I know which one i'd prefer to party in and it's not england...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Haters gonna hate :o

If England get it I think quite a lot of stadiums get increased.

I know both VP and Elland Road do, I imagine a few others would too.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
2018 and 2022 announcements on FIFA.com

2018 and 2022 announcements on Thursday 2 December

The decision on the hosting of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ tournaments will be revealed in Zurich on Thursday 2 December.

A host of VIPs and renowned personalities from the worlds of sport and politics will be present in Zurich, supporting their home nations’ bids. The world’s media will also turn out in force, with some 1,000 journalists accredited to cover the event, and nearly 70 TV stations broadcasting live from Zurich.

The final presentations by the nine candidates began on Wednesday at the Home of FIFA in Zurich. Proceedings opened with the contenders to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The running order started with Australia at 14.00 CET, followed on the hour, every hour by Korea Republic, Qatar, USA and Japan, who have the final starting slot at 18:00.

The candidates for the 2018 FIFA World Cup take to the stage on Thursday morning. Belgium and the Netherlands start the ball rolling at 9.00, followed by Spain and Portugal, England, and finally Russia at 12 midday. The running order was previously determined by the drawing of lots.

Following the presentations, the FIFA Executive Committee will gather to consider its verdict and vote on the choice of host nation for the forthcoming finals. The announcement is expected at approximately 16.00 CET, when FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter will open the envelopes to reveal the names of the winners before a live audience and the global media representatives at Zurich Exhibition Centre.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The decision on the hosting of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ tournaments will be revealed in Zurich on Thursday 2 December. You can follow all the candidates’ presentations and the announcement of the winners, LIVE here on FIFA.com.

Click here to follow the 2022 Bidders' Presentations LIVE

The final presentations by the nine candidates begin on Wednesday at the Home of FIFA in Zurich. Proceedings open with the contenders to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The running order starts with Australia at 14.00 CET, followed on the hour, every hour by Korea Republic, Qatar, USA and Japan, who have the final starting slot at 18:00.

Stay tuned to FIFA.com, the official website of world football’s governing body, for full coverage of two enthralling days. Our LIVE reporting on events at the Home of FIFA begins at 14.00 CET on Wednesday. We’ll exclusively bring you the presentations by all nine candidates, followed by the official announcement of the FIFA World Cup host nations on Thursday afternoon.

Wednesday, 1 December 2010
14:00 Australia
15:00 Korea Republic
16:00 Qatar
17:00 USA
18:00 Japan

We heard you the first time.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

what the fuck are you talking about? qatar will be the most luxurious country 2022 and its so safe you can keep your car open and nothing would happen

america is a better option? country that started many pointless wars with high crime rate/racism/evil government???

I know qatar would get a free ticket, but so did south africa.

seriously, dont give me this safety region bs, the world cup was held in south africa where crime rate is through the roof.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Netherlands please, without Belgium.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
LOL @ Russia going last. I can imagine Putin cracking his knuckles for the entire presentation. :devil2:

PS- LOL @ SolDod too. Chill out man! :D

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
2018 : Qatar

2022 : Australia.

But I think that a european country will get the 2018 WC. They wont let many wc's held outside the europe. So RUSSIA will get one probalby

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
2018 : Qatar

2022 : Australia.

But I think that a european country will get the 2018 WC. They wont let many wc's held outside the europe. So RUSSIA will get one probalby

Qatar isn't going for 2018.

List of bidders
2018: Belgium/Netherlands, Spain/Portugal, England, Russia
2022: Australia, Korea Republic, Qatar, USA, Japan

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Qatar isn't going for 2018.

List of bidders
2018: Belgium/Netherlands, Spain/Portugal, England, Russia
2022: Australia, Korea Republic, Qatar, USA, Japan

Then probalby will get England :rolleyes: That's the only way they'll ever gonna win another WC.

and in 2022: Australia

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
I'd want Qatar as 2022 host, countries that call football as "soccer" doesn't deserve to held WC. Fuck them.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
One thing going against Australia is the television coverage. Matches will be broadcast in the early hours of the morning and I doubt FIFA would like to upset Europe. Although, I'd love you bastards to have a taste of what it's like living Downunder and being all sleep deprived. :tongue:

Still it's rather simple for Australia to win the bid. All they have to do is present Elle Macpherson with her top off.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I'd want Qatar as 2022 host, countries that call football as "soccer" doesn't deserve to held WC. Fuck them.
I don't think players will be content in playing in 50 degree heat. Although, apparently, the entire stadiums are air conditioned. They'd need an airport three times the size it currently is, Qatar is just far too small and inadequate at present.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
England, in a purely footballing sense should get it.

This.

We've got the stadiums basically set aswell.

Wembely - 80k
Old Trafford - 76k
Emirates - 60k
Anfield - 45k
W.H.Lane - 40k
St James' Park - 50k
COMS - 50k

Then you've got the tighter stadiums (my faviorite) like Villa Park, Goodison, Upton Park ect.

Plus, the atmoshphere's will be much better. The English fans crapped on every other support in the tournament, and it would be even better if we had it where you've got English supporters in every section of the crowd. For many of the games at the last WC, the atmosphere's crap.

We haven't had it in 50 odd years either. Everything is already set pretty much. Facilities, stadiums ect.

We won't get it though. A combination of Fifa hating the English and the English media accusing people of match fixing gives us no chance.

I think England should get it, with the USA getting the WC afterwards. I reckon it could really "soccor" over there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule