Week 7: Sassuolo vs AC Milan 30/09/2018 20:30 CET

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
i can't get over the fact that we throw 6 points in last 3 games, where we actually deserve to take all 3 points.

i don't want even to mention napoli, we should take at least 1 point.

we could be second on the table right now, oh boy... :head:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Marvellous win! Forza Milan!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i can't get over the fact that we throw 6 points in last 3 games, where we actually deserve to take all 3 points.

if we just win the genoa game we re right back in the top 6 with 12 points...

its a shame for the lost points but we re still right in the middle of where we re supposed to be

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I can get over anything, but i still cant forget that Napoli game... man, imagine starting a season with an away win in Napoli... come on :(

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Keep it going Milan. Climb up that table.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
This is what happen when the opponent's Goalkeeper remain who they are and doesn't turn into someone like Buffon or Schmeichel. That'll make us easier to seal every match against lesser teams.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
4RZBNpR_700wa_0.gif

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
it was the 89th minute and we were up 3-1 yet i still believed we would capitulate and draw.......i'm so glad I'm wrong.

also false 9 is fantastic...samu kinda had that mertens vibe

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
it wasn't our best performance of the season but we have to give credit to sassuolo too. they pressured us a lot. actually, their performance reminds me of our own in previous games. they had possession in first half and created some decent chances but they couldn't lead, abate and donna made those saves to keep us falling behind, their keeper couldn't make miracle saves and we were clinical as fuck.

also people here should stop expecting perfect games ffs. there will be moments where opponents would be on top(i know, shocking). specially for a team where all the players supposedly suck(rnb standards). today after conceding, we did one thing right though. instead of rushing our attacks and tiring ourselves losing and chasing the ball unnecessarily, we recycled possession in their half. another thing we did right was not be afraid of committing some tactical fouls. during first half we did exactly that(biglia, rr, kessie) and it helps defense from being exposed and ruin opponents momentum.

their defense sucked donkey balls though so i don't expect these kind of scorelines every game.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I absolutely buoyant with the win. We clinical and we closed it out. Good game.

However, we opened games (before this one) with high intensity and the there would be a drop of energy at some period between these 30-60, 45-90, 60-90 and we drop points. Rino is learning and I appreciate it, I just hope the guy is put on a fucking accelerator program. Milan isn't a club that's built for experiential learning FFS.

Forza Milan per sempre

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Seedorf started his tenure the same way Rino started this season. Magnificent football for 30 minutes and then listless and tired motion around the pitch. He never learned. While Rino is obviously a far cleverer coach and is adapting rapidly.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
Great win. Hopefully back to a winning streak.
Ps. Suso's in form card will be beast on fifa:tongue:

Anyone uses Suso in Fifa? For what? To hold the beer for thr real wingers? Suso is not Fifa friendly, I don’t think I’ve ever played against someone that won a game with Suso in their lineup.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seedorf started his tenure the same way Rino started this season. Magnificent football for 30 minutes and then listless and tired motion around the pitch. He never learned. While Rino is obviously a far cleverer coach and is adapting rapidly.

i disagree. with seedorf, we were able to grind out results. we would have lots of possession but were toothless in attack. our play was nowhere as good as with gattuso. even last season, we had many good wins while playing good.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great win, but we still look shit defensively.

If Sassuolo scored first, and they had their chances, not even sure we would have won this.

Maybe Maldini can do a couple of training sessions with these peasants?

Last edited:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Great win, but we still look shit defensively.

If Sassuolo scored, and they had their chances, not even sure we would have won this.

Maybe Maldini can do a couple of training sessions with these peasants?

They had only two shot on target. Assuming they could score from their chances, they would only got two goals. We would still won the game 4-2. :)

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They had only two shot on target. Assuming they could score from their chances, they would only got two goals. We would still won the game 4-2. :)

I meant if they scored first.
They had two one-on-one situations before we scored our first goal.

And if they scored first, it would have been a different game.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Anyone uses Suso in Fifa? For what? To hold the beer for thr real wingers? Suso is not Fifa friendly, I don’t think I’ve ever played against someone that won a game with Suso in their lineup.

I tear it up with Suso on the rw...
Just have to know how to use him

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I meant if they scored first.
They had two one-on-one situations before we scored our first goal.

And if they scored first, it would have been a different game.

This, either are 0 - 1 or 1 - 1 we would have been forced to attack more, that means more spaces in a already really shaky defence.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Wow 1-4 against a form team in the league away. I was hoping we could pull it off, absorb the pressure and hit them on the counter-attack.

But I'll be the first to admit that my support for Gattuso was wavering, waning even. I was starting to find myself looking to the dark side, to a back-3-playing-Juventino, or to anyone to save our season. If anything I was starting to think that we needed a change in manager to be able to keep Leo and Maldini and many of these players because surely they too are on borrowed time the lower down the table we go.

Watching this match reminded me that Rino is quite good at adapting and evolving. He is still learning and finding his style at a massive club. He does not have a lot of time to learn but you could see that he is trying to address some of the problems:

- before the players had a stubborn insistence (instructed by Rino no doubt) to pass the ball out of the back no matter what. Last night we did pass the ball from the back often, but sometimes booted the ball to safety. That variation is important because it is really hard to keep your concentration for 95 mins.

- before we did not attack with pace on the counterattack and exploit the space when the other team was chasing the game. This game we did. We seemed to have a killer instinct that we did not have in previous games.

- before Rino's substitutions were poor choices. Loved how last night he brought on Laxalt to double up with RR on the left. At one stage there was RR on the left with Laxalt in front of him and Bona in front of Laxalt so we looked really dangerous on the left. Laxalt introduced pace and a counterattacking threat and I really enjoyed watching him play. He's fast becoming one of my favourites and I find myself looking forward to his introduction in every match.

- The Castillejo as false-9 experiment was forced but is such a blessing in disguise. Hopefully no longer will we see Borini as CF. At first I too thought Samu was too lightweight and he kept going down too easily. But the guy works hard, has great movement, draws away defenders and what a goal. It was easily the one I cheered for loudest.

- this match we didn't do too much of our usual pattern of starting a quick attack down the flanks only to slow down and give up and pass it all the way back which was great.

Having said all that, there are still some worries. It could have gone the other way if Gigio didn't make that save, or if Abate didn't make that save of his own or if a penalty was given against Biglia and even worse if he got a second yellow. We sometimes still look a bit sloppy.

But let it not take away from a well-deserved and spectacular victory. It's time to enjoy the moment. I hope we gain momentum and go from strength to strength.

Forza Rino. Forza Milan.

Last edited:

Chekaca

Primavera
Reaction score
Wow 1-4 against a form team in the league away. I was hoping we could pull it off, absorb the pressure and hit them on the counter-attack.

But I'll be the first to admit that my support for Gattuso was wavering, waning even. I was starting to find myself looking to the dark side, to a back-3-playing-Juventino, or to anyone to save our season. If anything I was starting to think that we needed a change in manager to be able to keep Leo and Maldini and many of these players because surely they too are on borrowed time the lower down the table we go.

Watching this match reminded me that Rino is quite good at adapting and evolving. He is still learning and finding his style at a massive club. He does not have a lot of time to learn but you could see that he is trying to address some of the problems:

- before the players had a stubborn insistence (instructed by Rino no doubt) to pass the ball out of the back no matter what. Last night we did pass the ball from the back often, but sometimes booted the ball to safety. That variation is important because it is really hard to keep your concentration for 95 mins.

- before we did not attack with pace on the counterattack and exploit the space when the other team was chasing the game. This game we did. We seemed to have a killer instinct that we did not have in previous games.

- before Rino's substitutions were poor choices. Loved how last night he brought on Laxalt to double up with RR on the left. At one stage there was RR on the left with Laxalt in front of him and Bona in front of Laxalt so we looked really dangerous on the left. Laxalt introduced pace and a counterattacking threat and I really enjoyed watching him play. He's fast becoming one of my favourites and I find myself looking forward to his introduction in every match.

- The Castillejo as false-9 experiment was forced but is such a blessing in disguise. Hopefully no longer will we see Borini as CF. At first I too thought Samu was too lightweight and he kept going down too easily. But the guy works hard, has great movement, draws away defenders and what a goal. It was easily the one I cheered for loudest.

- this match we didn't do too much of our usual pattern of starting a quick attack down the flanks only to slow down and give up and pass it all the way back which was great.

Having said all that, there are still some worries. It could have gone the other way if Gigio didn't make that save, or if Abate didn't make that save of his own or if a penalty was given against Biglia and even worse if he got a second yellow. We sometimes still look a bit sloppy.

But let it not take away from a well-deserved and spectacular victory. It's time to enjoy the moment. I hope we gain momentum and go from strength to strength.

Forza Rino. Forza Milan.

:star::star::star:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
The Locatelli hate is random. He left because he wants more game time, which is a creditable decision. I'd much rather he do that than rot on our bench, earning a pointless salary.

Top 3 thread is up: http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=15410

Wasn't it him throwing a fit about not wanting to be loaned but saying that if he has to leave Milan, he needs the move to be permanent? That's how I remember it.

Yeah he needed game time - should've taken a loan instead but no point crying over spilled milk. I'll happily ridicule him at every step of the way after he turned his back on Milan.

Schedule