The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:48   #61
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Adidas to leave us?

http://www.calcioefinanza.it/2017/10...ine-contratto/

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:58   #62
Nalim
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Apparently yes. And fucking New Balance or Under Armour are leading the race to take over.

It's sad because our kits this season are gorgeous. I don't think I will be able to handle ugly ass football played wearing ugly ass Under Armour kits
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:04   #63
bluenine
Primavera Player

Quote:
Anyone know why Adidas want to cut short on the contract? Why not wait till the end of the season?
bluenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:12   #64
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

They will wait till the end of the season. The speculation is regarding 2018 summer.

I don't rule out this is a negotiation strategy; we might still renew the contract. If we were to go for New Balance or some shit like that, that'll be immensely irritating.

I'll be happy with Puma or even Nike, but nothing is quite like Adidas.

Signature
Old 10-10-2017, 15:37   #65
Stitches
National Team Player

- http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...ostcount=13486

I don't see us getting flagship money from Under Armour. I think Premier League has taken all of it to themselves for American companies. Possibly/maybe/hopefully.
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 10:07   #66
necromancer
Defence of Champions

OFFICIAL: Ciao Ciao Adidas

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/offi...ir-partnership

Quote:
AC Milan has mutually agreed with adidas to prematurely terminate their technical sponsorship deal at the end of the season 2017/2018. The current partnership, which began on 1 July 1998, has been highlighted by a consistent flow of successes with a total of twelve trophies: 2 UEFA Champions League, 1 FIFA World Club Cup, 2 European Super Cups, 3 Italian League titles, 3 Italian League Super Cups, 1 Italian Cup. adidas started partnering AC Milan back in season 1978/1979, the year of the tenth Italian League title.

AC Milan, in thanking adidas for the consolidated relationship, is happy to announce a new Technical Partner will soon follow up. AC Milan has signed a brand-new agreement with a sports manufacturer for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing partnership that will start from 1 July 2018. The identity of the new Technical Partner and the details of the new deal will be unveiled in the coming months.

Signature
Old 24-10-2017, 10:48   #67
Nalim
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

Quote:
According to reports the new deal will be with Puma. Prepare for an era with slim fit jerseys
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 11:07   #68
necromancer
Defence of Champions

I'll be very very happy if it's Puma. Particularly if they can make our away kits look as classy as these:

Signature
Old 24-10-2017, 11:44   #69
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
According to reports the new deal will be with Puma. Prepare for an era with slim fit jerseys
Don't mind their slim fit jerseys tbh... it's just their outdated designs that kills it for me

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 22:38   #70
Don Dada
National Team Player

The problem with Puma is their tech isnt as good. I've been buying their jerseys for the last 10 years(because of Ghana) and anything white stains easily, the logo comes off etc.

Sad to see adidas go. But rumours are that PUMA is offering less than what we were getting from adidas and no where close to what they're paying Arsenal.
Don Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 07:06   #71
necromancer
Defence of Champions

I've had quality issues with some Milan Adidas jerseys as well. Exact problems that you describe.

These things aren't really meant to last. It's an industry where they want you to make a purchase every season. They'll never maximize life of the product beyond what's basic.

Signature
Old 13-11-2017, 17:47   #72
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Confirmation that the new deal will be lower than the Adidas deal, but with a higher upside including bonus:

Signature