The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2017, 19:41   #15321
Dark Knight
Maestro
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gotham
Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Milan Fans are divided into those who've had the good fortune to enjoy Pirlo in a Milan shirt and Andre Silva fans.


Signature
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 20:13   #15322
squaresolid
8-bit noise~
 
squaresolid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: █║││█║▌║║█║║▌
Fav. Players: ▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritcemeng View Post
When he bocome a coach..
Will milan fans consider him to sit in the bench?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
why would we?
we have montella


Signature
squaresolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 14:59   #15323
Stitches
National Team Player
 
Stitches's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritcemeng View Post
When he bocome a coach..
Will milan fans consider him to sit in the bench?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 17:27   #15324
irkuysm
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritcemeng View Post
When he bocome a coach..
Will milan fans consider him to sit in the bench?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
I rather give the bench a chance to be the coach.
irkuysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 19:42   #15325
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Bit of a egomaniac cunt, but what a world class player he was. Could have helped us instead of Juventus to win a few more titles..if we had somebody else running the club in the last 10 years.


Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 00:02   #15326
GreatKalu
Banned
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cluj-Napoca, RO
Default

Poor Italy ... Just like Milan, still really haven't found someone to command the midfield...

Grazie maestro...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 00:05   #15327
GreatKalu
Banned
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cluj-Napoca, RO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
So, people think that Sheva isn't a Milan legend because he left to Chelski.

But have no issue with Pirla and her bullshit.
Milan gave Sheva the sacred armband while Maldini was out injured of course... But he was chosen to carry the armband. He made pledges of being like Maldini and few months later he had chosen Chelsea over Milan who offered the same contract but... Couldn't teach his kids English...

No such drama with Pirlo. He kept things private at the time, and moreover, proved he made the right decision... And Milan, the wrong one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 00:29   #15328
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

ROFL. Great maestro. Italy were getting koed early when he was around and continuing the same without him.

On the other hand juve were achieving the same amount with him as without him. In terms of pure football they are even playing better now than when he labored their midfield.

Milan? He was irrelevant during our scudetto and irrelevant post UCL win slump.

Basically the sum total of his presence and absence on results is 0.

Wish he was there tonight though... Him crying together with Buffon would have been sweet.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 01:34   #15329
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
ROFL. Great maestro. Italy were getting koed early when he was around and continuing the same without him.

On the other hand juve were achieving the same amount with him as without him. In terms of pure football they are even playing better now than when he labored their midfield.

Milan? He was irrelevant during our scudetto and irrelevant post UCL win slump.

Basically the sum total of his presence and absence on results is 0.

Wish he was there tonight though... Him crying together with Buffon would have been sweet.


Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 04:07   #15330
Ash
Swag Maestro
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKalu View Post
Milan gave Sheva the sacred armband while Maldini was out injured of course... But he was chosen to carry the armband. He made pledges of being like Maldini and few months later he had chosen Chelsea over Milan who offered the same contract but... Couldn't teach his kids English...

No such drama with Pirlo. He kept things private at the time, and moreover, proved he made the right decision... And Milan, the wrong one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
lol

didnt he try to move to Madrid multiple times?

The only difference between him and sheva was that the latter was successful.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:39   #15331
forward
AC Milan Icon
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Siro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKalu View Post
Milan gave Sheva the sacred armband while Maldini was out injured of course... But he was chosen to carry the armband. He made pledges of being like Maldini and few months later he had chosen Chelsea over Milan who offered the same contract but... Couldn't teach his kids English...

No such drama with Pirlo. He kept things private at the time, and moreover, proved he made the right decision... And Milan, the wrong one.
Yeah yeah. Kept things private except shitting on Milan in his book and many interviews after leaving.

And no. It's not "Pirlo was right and Milan was wrong".
He was lucky to jump ship at the right time.
Juve started their cycle sooner and injected money into the club.
Milan was only declining.

Remove Pirla from the equation and nothing would change.


Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:40   #15332
forward
AC Milan Icon
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Siro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Basically the sum total of his presence and absence on results is 0.


If the fairy prefers a few lame Juve's Scudettos over Milan's European glory, then it's his choice.


Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:44   #15333
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Default

Poor haters


Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 13:04   #15334
Qaas
Mystery Guy
 
Qaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Danmark
Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default

I fucking hate him and his horse face.. uff what a snake. Fits perfectly in that shithole called 7uve
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 15:37   #15335
GreatKalu
Banned
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cluj-Napoca, RO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
ROFL. Great maestro. Italy were getting koed early when he was around and continuing the same without him.

On the other hand juve were achieving the same amount with him as without him. In terms of pure football they are even playing better now than when he labored their midfield.

Milan? He was irrelevant during our scudetto and irrelevant post UCL win slump.

Basically the sum total of his presence and absence on results is 0.

Wish he was there tonight though... Him crying together with Buffon would have been sweet.
I think italy never missed out on a big tournament as long as Andrea was on the pitch. He was their main point of reference and first player on the team sheet for a lot of coaches... No I don't think they are continuing the same without him.

Juve? They got him for free and made a lot of money from the success he brought them. With that money they were able to spend big and still they haven't gone further than where he took them. Can you imagine pre-Pirlo Juve breaking transfer records for Higuain?

Irrelevant to Milan? Didn't you witness the might Zlatan get himself suspended the season after we let Pirlo go to guide them to an unexpected scudetto undefeated?

Can't you comprehend that only he and Carlo achieved success after their Milan spells?

Nevermind... It's obviously not one of your strong points... I'm talking about football... But learn to not talk much when you are clueless on the subject matter...




Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 15:41   #15336
GreatKalu
Banned
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cluj-Napoca, RO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
lol

didnt he try to move to Madrid multiple times?

The only difference between him and sheva was that the latter was successful.
There was interest from Madrid, Chelsea even... If another company offers you a contract, wouldn't hear?

In the end he remained true to the Milan project which unfortunately got carried away by the Brazilian fetishness... Then mvboss long ball to Zlatan football...

Sheva was successful after Milan? You sure? And Pirlo failed after Milan?

Hmmm... Guess that sums it all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 15:45   #15337
GreatKalu
Banned
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cluj-Napoca, RO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
Yeah yeah. Kept things private except shitting on Milan in his book and many interviews after leaving.

And no. It's not "Pirlo was right and Milan was wrong".
He was lucky to jump ship at the right time.
Juve started their cycle sooner and injected money into the club.
Milan was only declining.

Remove Pirla from the equation and nothing would change.
His interview and book we're after he moved... Not the season before where he pledged to retire here and be captain like Maldini and billy... All for his kids to learn English...

So then if you cannot see the difference then... Well I don't know how to help you.

In any case I've forgotten and forgiven Sheva now... He's a Milan legend in my book. So is Pirlo.

Jump ship at the right time? Or was conte's main man Pirlo? JUVE certainly didn't have the money they have right now...

Remove Pirlo from the equation and nothing will change? Just ask Galliani...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 20:14   #15338
tuccero9
Senior Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKalu View Post
I think italy never missed out on a big tournament as long as Andrea was on the pitch. He was their main point of reference and first player on the team sheet for a lot of coaches... No I don't think they are continuing the same without him.

Juve? They got him for free and made a lot of money from the success he brought them. With that money they were able to spend big and still they haven't gone further than where he took them. Can you imagine pre-Pirlo Juve breaking transfer records for Higuain?

Irrelevant to Milan? Didn't you witness the might Zlatan get himself suspended the season after we let Pirlo go to guide them to an unexpected scudetto undefeated?

Can't you comprehend that only he and Carlo achieved success after their Milan spells?

Nevermind... It's obviously not one of your strong points... I'm talking about football... But learn to not talk much when you are clueless on the subject matter...




Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Italy never missed a big tournament for 60 years. this is not because of 1 man.
Italy was always there because it is Italy.
the only difference this time is ventura
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:47   #15339
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKalu View Post
I think italy never missed out on a big tournament as long as Andrea was on the pitch. He was their main point of reference and first player on the team sheet for a lot of coaches... No I don't think they are continuing the same without him.
Someone else already responded to this. And I'll add that Italy did fine in 2014 Euros without Pirlo.

Quote:
Juve? They got him for free and made a lot of money from the success he brought them. With that money they were able to spend big and still they haven't gone further than where he took them. Can you imagine pre-Pirlo Juve breaking transfer records for Higuain?


Juve were outspending Milan and every other Italian team the day they returned back from Serie B. Their current financial strength came from owning their own stadium and having an owner that cares. The transfer record for Higuain was only possible because they got a fat wad of cash from the sale of Pogba (who joined Juve because of Raiola, not because they won the scudetto). Pirlo had zilch to do with any of that.

Quote:
Irrelevant to Milan? Didn't you witness the might Zlatan get himself suspended the season after we let Pirlo go to guide them to an unexpected scudetto undefeated?
He was irrelevant at Milan post 07 and especially so in our scudetto winning season where he was injured in December.

Quote:
Can't you comprehend that only he and Carlo achieved success after their Milan spells?


Quote:
Nevermind... It's obviously not one of your strong points... I'm talking about football... But learn to not talk much when you are clueless on the subject matter...


This isn't 1930s. Your propaganda won't work here.


=====

On a side note, is Allegri the first coach to boot Pirlo out of his teams twice??

Last edited by Casualista; 15-11-2017 at 07:51.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:59   #15340
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
On a side note, is Allegri the first coach to boot Pirlo out of his teams twice??


Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:09.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.