The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?
Aubameyang 88 39.82%
Diego Costa (year-long loan/buy) 31 14.03%
Belotti 56 25.34%
Kalinic 14 6.33%
Cristiano Ronaldo (CL pre-agreement) 23 10.41%
Other 9 4.07%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-10-2017, 21:31   #25741
Batman
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Why should playing every 3 days mean we should keep Montella? Given our last performance in the Europa league that may no longer be an option. We should change coach if we think we're in danger of missing our primary objective (CL qualification).

Montella has lost 50% of his league games to date and more importantly ALL the head to heads. That's allowed Roma, Lazio and Inter to build a lead over us already. Also, the teams showed no signs of improvement and still look as clueless as day one. Now rumours are emerging that he's lost the dressing room too. What else do we need to wait for? Anything less than 6 points in the next 2 games should mean instant dismissal.

For the record, both Mazzarri + Sousa have coached teams playing in Europe before. I remember in his first season Sousa was leading the league for part of the season and getting praised for his attractive football. Apparently Barcelona and Juventus were scouting him at the time. Last season didn't go so great but in reality he only finished 4 points shy of his breakout season. It's not his fault Fiorentina sold their best players like Alonso and didn't reinforce properly.

As for Mazzarri, he's one of the most underrated coaches around. You do realize he's finished in the top 3 with Napoli twice winning the Coppa Italia too? He's also used to playing with a 3 man backline so would be a perfect fit.

If Montella drops points in the next two games he must be axed.

Okay.. Don't mean any offense or anything, but I'm going to choose not to read/reply to your comments anymore. They give me a headache.

Here's why:
1 - You don't understand the concept of player integration into a team. Pjanic and Higuain took time to adapt last year. The young midfielders that Napoli got last year also took some time to adapt. We bought 11 players, most of which came from different leagues.
2 - I really don't think you understand the concepts of loyalty, patience, supporting your team.
3 - You seem to think that every coach that isn't coach is an amazing coach. Mazzarri got 3rd place, at a time when serie A wasn't anything near as competitive as it is now, and he played a pure counter-attacking style of football, AND he had the perfect set-up to do so. Since then he has done nothing. Just mentioning his name is idiotic, with all due respect. A rational person would see this.
4 - For some reason, you just defended Sousa when I clearly told you that I DO rate the guy which makes me think that you either like to argue just for the sake of arguing, don't read others' counter-arguments, or have some serious reading comprehension issues In fact, you can go to my profile and check the posts that I've written: I was one of the first, if not the first person on this forum to say that I would like Sousa as a coach. At the time people laughed at me.

So, this will be the last time I communicate with you directly. Peace
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 21:32   #25742
Batman
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Did you just compare a kid that just turned 22 in a new league on a team with massive holes in it to the two most seasoned and greatest players on two of the best teams in today's game?

Old 18-10-2017, 21:34   #25743
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Did you just compare a kid that just turned 22 in a new league on a team with massive holes in it to the two most seasoned and greatest players on two of the best teams in today's game?

Lol it was a sarcastic joke at the guy who compared Naby Keita with Bonafidefodda.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 21:39   #25744
Batman
Primavera Player

Fuck's sake
Old 18-10-2017, 21:39   #25745
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:

Lol it was a sarcastic joke at the guy who compared Naby Keita with Bonafidefodda.
You can do better

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 21:41   #25746
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Okay.. Don't mean any offense or anything, but I'm going to choose not to read/reply to your comments anymore. They give me a headache.

Here's why:
1 - You don't understand the concept of player integration into a team. Pjanic and Higuain took time to adapt last year. The young midfielders that Napoli got last year also took some time to adapt. We bought 11 players, most of which came from different leagues.
2 - I really don't think you understand the concepts of loyalty, patience, supporting your team.
3 - You seem to think that every coach that isn't coach is an amazing coach. Mazzarri got 3rd place, at a time when serie A wasn't anything near as competitive as it is now, and he played a pure counter-attacking style of football, AND he had the perfect set-up to do so. Since then he has done nothing. Just mentioning his name is idiotic, with all due respect. A rational person would see this.
4 - For some reason, you just defended Sousa when I clearly told you that I DO rate the guy which makes me think that you either like to argue just for the sake of arguing, don't read others' counter-arguments, or have some serious reading comprehension issues In fact, you can go to my profile and check the posts that I've written: I was one of the first, if not the first person on this forum to say that I would like Sousa as a coach. At the time people laughed at me.

So, this will be the last time I communicate with you directly. Peace
Lol fine by me.

Like I told you before (and you failed to respond because you couldn't), how is Montella integrating 7/8 new starters any different to what he did in his first season at Fiorentina? There he had the same number of new starters yet managed to finish 4th. Exactly the same as Mancini a couple seasons ago when he had 9 new starters yet also finished 4th.

It's you who doesn't understand football or logic so I agree not to communicate any further
Old 18-10-2017, 21:50   #25747
Batman
Primavera Player

Quote:
Lol fine by me.

Like I told you before (and you failed to respond because you couldn't), how is Montella integrating 7/8 new starters any different to what he did in his first season at Fiorentina? There he had the same number of new starters yet managed to finish 4th. Exactly the same as Mancini a couple seasons ago when he had 9 new starters yet also finished 4th.

It's you who doesn't understand football or logic so I agree not to communicate any further

I chose not to respond it because it seemed too silly of an argument to even be mentioned by a long-term AC Milan supporter, let alone be responded to by one as well.

But, since you feel so strongly about the strength of this argument of yours, I'd like to here our fellow commodores' take on it:

True or false: Coaching Fiorentina in 2012 = Coaching Milan in 2017 ?
Old 18-10-2017, 22:01   #25748
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
I chose not to respond it because it seemed too silly of an argument to even be mentioned by a long-term AC Milan supporter, let alone be responded to by one as well.

But, since you feel so strongly about the strength of this argument of yours, I'd like to here our fellow commodores' take on it:

True or false: Coaching Fiorentina in 2012 = Coaching Milan in 2017 ?
Yes let's ask people whether spending 230m on transfers (whilst our rivals spent nowhere near) should make things easier/harder. Especially when we've lost 50% of our games including getting hammered by Samp/Lazio who sold their best players in summer (Schick/Skriniar/Muriel/Balde/Biglia)
Old 18-10-2017, 22:02   #25749
Batman
Primavera Player

Quote:
Yes let's ask people whether spending 230m on transfers (whilst our rivals spent nowhere near) should make things easier/harder. Especially when we've lost 50% of our games including getting hammered by Samp/Lazio who sold their best players in summer (Schick/Skriniar/Muriel/Balde/Biglia)

I already know your opinion. I'm asking the others
Old 18-10-2017, 22:08   #25750
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
I already know your opinion. I'm asking the others
Don't forget to ask them about Mancini too. He also finished 4th after spending 100m on 9 new players the same season we spent 100m and finished 7th. Do you think being coached by Mancini vs. Midtablovic made a difference? Midtablovic had far fewer new players too.
Old 18-10-2017, 22:12   #25751
Batman
Primavera Player

Are you asking me if Mancini is a better coach than Miha? Of course he is.
Is he a better coach than Montella? Yeah probably.. Would he do better if he was our coach? Probably yes but can't say for sure.

No two coaches are the same. No two teams are the same.
Old 18-10-2017, 22:21   #25752
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

What is it, 30 games left this Serie A season? Or have I been sleeping all winter or something?

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 22:24   #25753
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Are you asking me if Mancini is a better coach than Miha? Of course he is.
Is he a better coach than Montella? Yeah probably.. Would he do better if he was our coach? Probably yes but can't say for sure.

No two coaches are the same. No two teams are the same.
You were saying integrating 8 new players takes time which is why Montella's been underperforming. I gave you two concrete examples (including Montella) where manager's hit the ground running. Mancini's Inter were actually leading the league for half the season. Also Gasperini finished 4th with an Atalanta squad comprised of mostly youth/Serie B players the previous year.
Old 18-10-2017, 22:27   #25754
Batman
Primavera Player

Quote:
You were saying integrating 8 new players takes time which is why Montella's been underperforming. I gave you two concrete examples (including Montella) where manager's hit the ground running. Mancini's Inter were actually leading the league for half the season. Also Gasperini finished 4th with an Atalanta squad comprised of mostly youth/Serie B players the previous year.
Did you not read what I said? No two teams are the same.
Old 18-10-2017, 22:50   #25755
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
What is it, 30 games left this Serie A season? Or have I been sleeping all winter or something?
Meltdown mode.

We spent 200m !! Why no Scudetto yet ??

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 23:14   #25756
Hitchens
Suddenly a great believer

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

Collective bipolar disorder of the first order.

I'm sceptical of Montella but I think coaches are generally given too much blame. At least on our level(barely fourth place material).

These players need to gel as a group and start believing in themselves as a collective. The quality for winning streaks is there, but I don't blame Montella for this team not having an identity yet. I don't think even Pep would have concocted that. Many of the star coaches have incredible players with an established chemistry.

However, if Montella were to lose the next two league games as well then off he goes. That's just the reality of the game. But he built a strong collective last year which fought for every point. He can do it again and he obviously has the support of Fassone.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 23:23   #25757
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
You can do better
Bonafodduraa
Neruda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 23:24   #25758
Batman
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post

I'm sceptical of Montella but I think coaches are generally given too much blame. At least on our level(barely fourth place material).

These players need to gel as a group and start believing in themselves as a collective. The quality for winning streaks is there, but I don't blame Montella for this team not having an identity yet. I don't think even Pep would have concocted that. Many of the star coaches have incredible players with an established chemistry.

However, if Montella were to lose the next two league games as well then off he goes. That's just the reality of the game. But he built a strong collective last year which fought for every point. He can do it again and he obviously has the support of Fassone.
You summed it up perfectly.

I'm hoping the the shit we've been through up until this point will help create that bond.
Old 18-10-2017, 23:25   #25759
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post

Old 18-10-2017, 23:27   #25760
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Is raz seriously gonna stay permabenched?