The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 01-08-2017, 18:35   #2861
Sage
Reinmēkā

Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 18:49   #2862
Don_Jacare
Banned

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Daley is very one-dimensional, his grappling is virtually non-existent. At this day and age, I would say that is a auto-DQ from being elite at his weight division.

Gastelum is good but he's already missed weight 3 times at welterweight...
btw had there an addition of an extra few seconds in the first round between gastulem and weidman, do you reckon gastulem would have won that bout?

Gastuelm still looks legit in MW imo. just needs to work on his bjj. I forgot how good weidman was at bjj. I can see gastulem beating the likes of bisping, jacare now, possibly even romero give his age. It would be interesting between gastulem and whittaker. Rockhold i think would be a bad matchup for him. Same as weidman, he was just a bad matchup due to a better ground game and wrestling.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 18:50   #2863
Don_Jacare
Banned

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

rda vs magny official. Really interested in that fight. Rda fights very well against taller guys. Would be interesting.
Old 01-08-2017, 19:50   #2864
SuperP
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
At that time woodley dint even have a coach man. He has evolved now. Would like to see a rematch for sure. Rory lost to wonderboy quite convincingly yet woodley beat wonderboy. I really like rory but i dont see him beating wonderboy. Woodley rory would be interesting.
How has Woodley evolve? He fights the same way every fight.
SuperP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 19:51   #2865
SuperP
World Cup Winner

Quote:
rda vs magny official. Really interested in that fight. Rda fights very well against taller guys. Would be interesting.
RIP Magny legs
SuperP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 19:59   #2866
Don_Jacare
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperP View Post
How has Woodley evolve? He fights the same way every fight.
better gas tank now. Has leaned down a bit and has improved his grappling. His feints and boxing has improved significantly. Definitely gas tank is his biggest improvement though. He is not tall but he has a long reach. Thats why he backs himself against the wall to counter. Ever since he started training with askren he has improved his defensive wrestling and it shows now.
Old 01-08-2017, 20:00   #2867
Don_Jacare
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperP View Post
RIP Magny legs
definitely interesting. you think rda will win?
Old 01-08-2017, 20:52   #2868
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
btw had there an addition of an extra few seconds in the first round between gastulem and weidman, do you reckon gastulem would have won that bout?

Gastuelm still looks legit in MW imo. just needs to work on his bjj. I forgot how good weidman was at bjj. I can see gastulem beating the likes of bisping, jacare now, possibly even romero give his age. It would be interesting between gastulem and whittaker. Rockhold i think would be a bad matchup for him. Same as weidman, he was just a bad matchup due to a better ground game and wrestling.
I can't say weight is the only factor with Gastulem losing to Weidman.

I think Gastulem is a bit small for 185, in a sense that he isn't as tall and doesn't have the reach, and his grappling isn't an advantage in close quarters. I don't really see him advancing too far in MW tbh.

I still think WW is best division for him, but given his trouble with weight cuts, I currently am not high on him.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 21:28   #2869
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
I still think WW is best division for him, but given his trouble with weight cuts, I currently am not high on him.
+1

just get your shit together ffs. So much talent, I can't believe he's missed 3 times. And there are really no excuses for that. Keep a good diet and you'll make weight.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 21:29   #2870
Sage
Reinmēkā

Old 01-08-2017, 21:48   #2871
Sage
Reinmēkā

MB has this song on repeat

Old 01-08-2017, 22:09   #2872
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
+1

just get your shit together ffs. So much talent, I can't believe he's missed 3 times. And there are really no excuses for that. Keep a good diet and you'll make weight.
I believe pot usage is partially at blame here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
MB has this song on repeat

Signature
Old 02-08-2017, 10:45   #2873
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Do u guys think if D.C were to get in shape, as in lose the excess fat and add muscle instead of it, would he have have a chance against Bones?

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:08   #2874
MilanMB
Not mad

Sage remember when I introduced you to MMA/UFC and you were like nooo wrestling is the shit. Good times.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 02-08-2017, 16:30   #2875
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Do u guys think if D.C were to get in shape, as in lose the excess fat and add muscle instead of it, would he have have a chance against Bones?
No

Signature
Old 02-08-2017, 16:47   #2876
Don_Jacare
Banned

poor DC.

Last edited by Don_Jacare; 02-08-2017 at 16:49.
Old 02-08-2017, 16:51   #2877
Don_Jacare
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
No cause muscle needs more oxygen and he will gas out even quicker but perhaps he could hit harder? I dont know the mechanics behind a puncher's power output but I do believe DC at heavyweight without draining himself in his prime could edge out a decision against jones.
Old 02-08-2017, 17:42   #2878
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
No cause muscle needs more oxygen and he will gas out even quicker but perhaps he could hit harder? I dont know the mechanics behind a puncher's power output but I do believe DC at heavyweight without draining himself in his prime could edge out a decision against jones.
Problem with DC against Jones isn't weight, rather the specific skill set + range.. Even at HW he would struggle IMO.

Signature
Old 02-08-2017, 17:56   #2879
MilanMB
Not mad

Quote:
Problem with DC against Jones isn't weight, rather the specific skill set + range.. Even at HW he would struggle IMO.
don't you think it's mental?

Gus and Jones remind a lot of each other. Creative stand up, tall with long reach, good wrestlers. But DC looked like a completely different fighter in the Gus fight than against Jones (both times).

---

Btw, Jones vs Gus is probably going to be the next fight. Brock is going to have to wait for at least 6 months in the USADA testing pool. So he'll probably do steroids for 6 more months and we'll see the fight next summer

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 02-08-2017, 18:05   #2880
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
don't you think it's mental?

Gus and Jones remind a lot of each other. Creative stand up, tall with long reach, good wrestlers. But DC looked like a completely different fighter in the Gus fight than against Jones (both times).

---

Btw, Jones vs Gus is probably going to be the next fight. Brock is going to have to wait for at least 6 months in the USADA testing pool. So he'll probably do steroids for 6 more months and we'll see the fight next summer
Definitely mental as well. Gus's stand up utilize his length more rather than angles with Jones. Gus is nowhere near as good as a wrestler as Jones either.

I would say DC has a really good mental game from being a wrestler already, rather he just feel like he cannot beat Jones. Gus mentally is probably the weakest out of all 3 and would probably lose to Jones again, just my opinion.

Signature