The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 12:11   #1
gaizka22
Apprentice father
 
gaizka22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jakarta - Indonesia
Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Default What book are you reading now? (books)

Let's get a bit scholarly here. Just tell us the name of the book you just finished reading or is currently reading now. School book text included.

Just finished last nite: All the President's Men (about Watergate scandal)
Just starting : Casino (made into movie with De Niro, Sharon Stone and Joe Pesci, directed by Martin Scorsese, i guess you know that).

What about the rest here? Magazines regularly read not included


Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:51   #2
red&black_fever
Dreamer
 
red&black_fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Default

im reading "the interpretation of dreams" by Freud currently.
But my favourite book of all time would have to be Nineteen Eighty-Four - Geroge Orwell .
red&black_fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 14:17   #3
DugiNesta
the epic #3
 
DugiNesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kosova
Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Default

i don't read english book but for me LAHUTA E MALSIS is the Best


Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 15:58   #4
Inzaghi9
=alta tensione=
 
Inzaghi9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bratislava,Slovakia
Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
Default

Well actually I read "All quiet in the West"by Remarque...
and I'm really into the history books,but I also like classic belles-lettres,like Harry Potter,Da Vinci code and so on...


Signature

THE VERY BEST
9 & 7
Inzaghi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 16:10   #5
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Deamons, The 5 people you meet in heaven, Tuesdays With Maurie....the 7 Habits of highly Effective People !


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 20:19   #6
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire
 
MaGasTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Iasi, Romania
Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Default

anything @ detective novel/story + Jules Verne


Signature
After all that you really do have to ask yourself if it was all worth it... course it fucking was!
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 21:53   #7
julia22
Life is now xD
 
julia22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lima-Peru
Fav. Players: Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
Let's get a bit scholarly here. Just tell us the name of the book you just finished reading or is currently reading now. School book text included.

Just finished last nite: All the President's Men (about Watergate scandal)
Just starting : Casino (made into movie with De Niro, Sharon Stone and Joe Pesci, directed by Martin Scorsese, i guess you know that).

What about the rest here? Magazines regularly read not included
i'm reading now " The Unbearable Lightness of Being" of milan kundera, is a classic/romantic novel!!! i love it! for my luck, it's not a school text!
julia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 22:27   #8
Bambino D'oro
Banned
 
Bambino D'oro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Default

I'm currently reading The Godfather returns, by Mark Winegardner which ties in all of Mario Puzo's books ans All the movies
I really Enjoy reading Mario Puzo books,such as Omerta and the Sicilian
Bambino D'oro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 02:07   #9
cuore
Banned
 
cuore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: montréal
Fav. Players: Capitano
Default

I just finsihed "reading" Oedipus Rex for english class. The last book I rea don my own was Gazza: MY story. A great read for any football fan.
cuore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 04:50   #10
THE MALDINESTA
Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
 
THE MALDINESTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I think it's called 'blue moon' ;)
Fav. Players: To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
Default

I'm a book worm.
But, at the moment loads of work drag me away from my book.
Yet I still manage to read a novel by Eric Jerome Dickey called "Genevieve"


Signature
THE MALDINESTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 11:23   #11
cro milanista
Rookie
 
cro milanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Croatia
Default

The I.R.A. by Tim Pat Coogan ...
cro milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 00:30   #12
Seamus
AC Milan Legend
 
Seamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SF - CA - USA
Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan
Default

Been reading a lot since about April.

The Hobbit by JRR Tolken
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (GREAT BOOK!)
The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Among the Thugs by Bill Buford
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

For fun I also re-read a bunch of books from when I was a kid. They are all from the Dragonlance Genre and IMO they are much more fun to read then the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance: Chronicles) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Test of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

The Magic of Krynn (Dragonlance: Tales) by various authors
Kender, Gully Dwarves, and Gnomes (Dragonlance: Tales) by various authors
Love and War (Dragonlance: Tales) by various authors


Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes) by Richard A. Knaak
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes) by Richard A. Knaak
Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes) by Nancy Varian Berberick


Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 03:55   #13
gaizka22
Apprentice father
 
gaizka22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jakarta - Indonesia
Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MALDINESTA
I'm a book worm.
But, at the moment loads of work drag me away from my book.
Yet I still manage to read a novel by Eric Jerome Dickey called "Genevieve"
Maldinesta, do you remember Indonesian book series called Senopati Pamungkas by Arswendo Atmowiloto around 89-92? They have 25 books in the series and the fun part was waiting for the next installment.


Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 03:58   #14
gaizka22
Apprentice father
 
gaizka22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jakarta - Indonesia
Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Is this the same Carl Sagan whose book turned into the movie Contact (Jodie Foster)? The film is a must for all atheist! Too bad can't find the book here.


Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 05:34   #15
THE MALDINESTA
Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
 
THE MALDINESTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I think it's called 'blue moon' ;)
Fav. Players: To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
Maldinesta, do you remember Indonesian book series called Senopati Pamungkas by Arswendo Atmowiloto around 89-92? They have 25 books in the series and the fun part was waiting for the next installment.
Honestly, neither I'm his admirer, nor, ever heard about those book.

In my teen day's , I read more Imported(translated ones), than locals.
Except, maybe timekiller, like "212", or Novel by marga T, and Ike Supomo.
Japanese Books once,made my days, like "Musashi", by Eiji Yosikawa.
Also, from Brazilian Author, Paulo Coelho.I love his books


Signature
THE MALDINESTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 15:39   #16
milan_rockz
=7uckyst4r=
 
milan_rockz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Fav. Players: *kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MALDINESTA
Also, from Brazilian Author, Paulo Coelho.I love his books
i like the alchemist. that's one of my fav. books.
i'm reading season of the dead by david hewson right now.
milan_rockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2005, 19:46   #17
teis
Alice in Chains
 
teis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: belgium
Default

Currently I'm reading Vodka, by the author of Messiah, but I can't remember his name

The next one will be For Whom The Bell Tolls by Hemmingway
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 10:33   #18
Ari_8
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Been reading a lot since about April.

The Hobbit by JRR Tolken
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (GREAT BOOK!)
The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Among the Thugs by Bill Buford
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

For fun I also re-read a bunch of books from when I was a kid. They are all from the Dragonlance Genre and IMO they are much more fun to read then the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance: Chronicles) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman
Test of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends) by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

The Magic of Krynn (Dragonlance: Tales) by various authors
Kender, Gully Dwarves, and Gnomes (Dragonlance: Tales) by various authors
Love and War (Dragonlance: Tales) by various authors


Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes) by Richard A. Knaak
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes) by Richard A. Knaak
Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes) by Nancy Varian Berberick
I've read a lot of those books. particularily the drgonlance series is excellent.
kurt vonnegut's books are also good.

currently I am reading Salem's lot by stephen king.
Ari_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2005, 13:45   #19
THE MALDINESTA
Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
 
THE MALDINESTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: I think it's called 'blue moon' ;)
Fav. Players: To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_rockz
i like the alchemist.
I'm so inspired by that book,that's why i'm here, thousands mile away from home, to follow my peronal legend :


Signature
THE MALDINESTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 09:47   #20
rossoneroid
National Team Player
 
rossoneroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Across the sea
Default

The last fiction book I've read was Sidney Sheldon's "Are you afraid of the dark?"

Sorry to ask lately, but exactly what kind of book is "Da Vinci Code", seems everyone talk about it
rossoneroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:34.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.