Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
let me see alex pereira vs jiri prochazka please...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Hellllll yes I hit the +330 O’Malley tko bet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Soldier_of_god

I will answer your question here so we don't go too OT in the commode.

@Curupira
fedor was way before my time, was he really that good? Like best ever at his peak?
Depends on your definition of the "Best Ever". Despite the "founding principles" of fighting remaining constant, the "metas" and skillsets are ever changing. So if we are talking about "Best Ever" in a sense of "technically and strategically most advanced" then I believe it will always favor the fighters that come along later. There may be stagnations where you don't see anyone surpass a certain person for a while, like Jon Jones now (and you can say for Fedor back then), but eventually newer guys will come around and will surpass their predecessors in terms of "techniques + strategy".

Now I will give you my definition: I like to compare people with the level of competition, and what judge what they have done. During his peak, Fedor beat all of his toughest competition, IMO, and very convincingly. And the one's he missed from UFC (Arlovski, Sylvia), he KTFOed them while they were all only slightly over their prime. So I don't know how you would rate him "all times" based on that, but he definitely was the best.

Skillset wise, Fedor had mean boxing but he was always a bit wild, so you'd see him get caught. Same with his grappling, he had slick moves but he didn't really possess a system where he suffocated people (like Khabib for example). What set him apart is his timing and his ability to not be restrained by the guard and basically punch a hole in people's head while they hold close guards (BJJ world champs at that - though there are asterisks here as well).

what about cro cop. Cro cop was old when he came to to ufc.
Cro Cop was a lot more one dimensional. He originally made his name in K-1 and K-1 started doing MMA/kickboxing crossover events on their New Year shows (K-1 Dynamite, Pride Shockwave). So he was always a kickboxing guy just doing enough to not get taken down or submitted while he tried to KTFO people.

In general, HWs are the least skilled groups because just throwing wild punches with their weight behind them can KTFO people, so you have a lot of Brett Rogers type of fighters, these are easy money for Cro Cop until he got old and injury prone. You have fighters who were grapplers making transition to MMA, these are the tricky fights for Cro Cop like Nogueira and Fedor. So to answer your question, even in his "PRIME" when he won the PRIDE Absolute tourney in 2006, he had favorable draws against smaller fighters and didn't have to fight Fedor. So at his best he was never Championship tier.
I know cage vs boxing ring can make a difference too. Guys like miocic, Cain and dc would be even more scary in a ring.
For sure. Ring favors grapplers a lot more

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
That was an amazing performance by Strickland. Glad he won.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bwuahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa :ibralol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Master raceeee

Such a beautiful post match interview.

Last edited:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
anyone watching?

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Will watch the last 3 fights, all fantastic fights (I hope)

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
impressive win by nurmagomedov

finished him in 1:13 minutes

but the guy got as much charisma as pobega

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Shame Johnny Walker’s fight was no contest, I think he would have lost anyway, but now he learned something.

Usman was better at striking, a 5 round match could have been in his favor but Khamzat is a beast though I am not so convinced about his chin and cardio.

Islam, didn’t expect a KO/TKO. I thought Volk looked strong but Islam has more tools in his game than Khabib for example though the latter is greater.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I might retire from betting
Adesanya somewhere crying

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I might retire from betting
Adesanya somewhere crying
giphy.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
colby @ +124 no brainer

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I mean if it is it'd be a decision, better odds with the method

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hit on lipski submission +1600
:ibralol:

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
35 year old Colby might not be it.

Joe Rogan praised him incessantly for 4 years. Great cardio, great activity, excellent grappler, can stand and throw punches etc etc

Man seeing Ferguson lose again is so sad what a tragedy.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+300 Brian Ortega by submission grazie grazie

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I did Yair on decision, just before it started i thought to put some on submission for Ortega

Regrets

UFC has some good cards on recently, there is no-one i particularly like at the minute though.

Still listen to podcasts - co main event & Bispings :thumbsup:

Oh & Rampage Jacksons podcast is fucking hilarious

Schedule