AC Milan close in on Roma's Mexes

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
AC Milan could bring plans forward to sign Roma defender Philippe Mexes.
Milan have identified Mexes as a long-term target, but Roma's need to sell one of it's stars to fund their summer transfer kitty has them discussing a bid for the Frenchman.

Roma want to raise cash to fund a bid for a new striker, with Mirko Vucinic (Lecce) and Vincenzo Iaquinta (Udinese) high on their shopping list.

Well covered in defence, Mexes is being considered as the player to be sold when the close-season transfer window opens.

Milan want a replacement for the Ajax-bound Jaap Stam and after being priced out of a deal for Lyon's Cris and cooling their interest in Palermo stopper Andrea Barzagli are ready to move for Mexes.

What do u think guys about him :)

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
PrAcTiC said:
Milan have identified Mexes as a long-term target, but Roma's need to sell one of it's stars to fund their summer transfer kitty has them discussing a bid for the Frenchman.

Roma want to raise cash to fund a bid for a new striker, with Mirko Vucinic (Lecce) and Vincenzo Iaquinta (Udinese) high on their shopping list.

Well covered in defence, Mexes is being considered as the player to be sold when the close-season transfer window opens.

Milan want a replacement for the Ajax-bound Jaap Stam and after being priced out of a deal for Lyon's Cris and cooling their interest in Palermo stopper Andrea Barzagli are ready to move for Mexes.

Barzagli or Chivu...!! :)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
i rather they bid for Chivu...

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti - De Rossi - Montella - Panucci - Mexes
Where is that article from ? Well its crap, the money for new players isnt going to be raised by sale of other players, we have investment already, plus we are going to get money from that freak Mido.

Mexes said he also wants to stay ! Chivu is staying untill he contract is up at least too.

Is they a day that Roma players are not ALL wanting to leave ! The media hates us !

Go get Oddo !

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I like Mexes but Chivu is better :star:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
In fact, we can't get either Mexes or Chivu in this summer. Maybe we can get Oddo.

On the one hand, i think Milan will loan Jankulovski to Roma in this summer.

On the other hand, after this summer, I think Milan will sell Jankulovski to Roma and Roma will sell Chivu to Milan ( If Chivu wants to come here ).

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Yuchen Fish said:
In fact, we can't get either Mexes or Chivu in this summer. Maybe we can get Oddo.

On the other hand, after this summer, I think Milan will sell Jankulovski to Roma and Roma will sell Chivu to Milan ( If Chivu wants to come here ).

That can Happend this summer , Milan can't wait and for 1 season .

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It all depends how much your ready to pay, but honestly guys, im not saying it because im a roma fan, but its true. Its going to be hard for any club to get our players next season esp if we are in CL. Non of the players want to go, because alot like it in Roma. And the players simply aint for sale.

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes i ask myself if we're not just a team which is used by those players to get a better contract extension... :head:
Although Chivu, Mexes or Oddo would be fine!

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Giallorossi said:
It all depends how much your ready to pay, but honestly guys, im not saying it because im a roma fan, but its true. Its going to be hard for any club to get our players next season esp if we are in CL. Non of the players want to go, because alot like it in Roma. And the players simply aint for sale.
But Jankulovski + money = Chivu is possible.

Roma looks very unite after sell Cassano, so maybe Mexes will not leave Roma in this summer. But if Milan really wants to get him, i guess maybe he will come to Milan on 2007.

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yuchen Fish said:
But Jankulovski + money = Chivu is possible.

Roma looks very unite after sell Cassano, so maybe Mexes will not leave Roma in this summer. But if Milan really wants to get him, i guess maybe he will come to Milan on 2007.

Its possible, but our transfer guru says not of our players will be sold and he particularly highlighted that Chivu will not be sold. I think his contract is till 2008. Although Chivu says he is happy with Roma and has been a real force in our side this year, particularly in our 11 game winnin streak, he only says he has a contract. It means he may just stay at Roma till his contract is up. If so then we will sell him next summer, as the Cassano sage really taught us a lesson, if you dont sign get out.

So for this summer, its out of the question of getting Chivu, next season though is a different question. He may sign a contract extension he may not.

Ill keep you guys all posted if any of our players are unhappy and want out, and if you guys have any chance !!

I said before, you can gladly take Mido of our hands for 7 or 8 mill, thats if you want ;)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Giallorossi said:
I said before, you can gladly take Mido of our hands for 7 or 8 mill, thats if you want ;)
i tot Roma is lookin' to buy new strikers? how come u r not keepin' Mido... he has had a gd season in the EPL...
anyway... Milan has no interest in a striker... plus wif the debts A.Madrid owes us... i think we can get Torres for cheap... y wud we spend money on Mido wen we can get a more quality player in Torres for cheap?

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
PrAcTiC said:

And the source of this garbage?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Giallorossi said:
Its possible, but our transfer guru says not of our players will be sold and he particularly highlighted that Chivu will not be sold. I think his contract is till 2008. Although Chivu says he is happy with Roma and has been a real force in our side this year, particularly in our 11 game winnin streak, he only says he has a contract. It means he may just stay at Roma till his contract is up. If so then we will sell him next summer, as the Cassano sage really taught us a lesson, if you dont sign get out.

So for this summer, its out of the question of getting Chivu, next season though is a different question. He may sign a contract extension he may not.

Ill keep you guys all posted if any of our players are unhappy and want out, and if you guys have any chance !!

All ur saying is true.
But if u sell Chivu this season with 2 years remaining of his contract u will surely get more money than if u wait till next season 2 sell him with only 1 year remaining .

If Chivu told Roma he wanna b sold 2 Milan then they will prefer 2 sell him in summer with 2 years of contract time & they will get more money.

@ the end I don’t think Milan will get him after all.
They seems happy with their CDs.

Reaction score
All the ways proved that jankolviski to Roma
and i promise , one of defence from Roma to milan
" Chviu - Maxes " .

but chviu is better choice to milan in CB

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ConCord said:
All the ways proved that jankolviski to Roma
and i promise , one of defence from Roma to milan
" Chviu - Maxes " .

but chviu is better choice to milan in CB

Nah that will be only at Roma....

btw

RM0504PRI_.JPG

he is going to sign and stay !!! sorry guys, hope its tue

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Yuchen Fish said:

Well, it may be happen... Hm.. I think Chivu want to move to Milan for sure!

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ics_rk said:
Well, it may be happen... Hm.. I think Chivu want to move to Milan for sure!

Are you sure he wants to move ? He constantly says he wants to stay, and the above article says he wants to stay.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Giallorossi said:
Are you sure he wants to move ? He constantly says he wants to stay, and the above article says he wants to stay.
Well, I kinda sure he wants to move to Milan..

Reaction score
why cast offs?

:conf: How about we look at our development players before wasting money ? (okay it's not our money) but time we looked at our juniors, and gave them a chance.

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
step-up said:
:conf: How about we look at our development players before wasting money ? (okay it's not our money) but time we looked at our juniors, and gave them a chance.

I think Maldini was the last defender who was able to do the move from the primavera into the first team and then staying there for more than 1 year...
Marzoratti looked promising, but he has never got any chance since last may!