Diego López Thread

zio_fester

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lopez was one of the world's top 5 goalkeepers, if not even top 3 last year (with Curtois and Neuer). We don't have any player that is even close to the world top 10 on his position. Maybe De Jong is closest to that. So we would be crazy not to take him over any other unproven goalkeeper, especially in this momment when we need all the confidence behind that we can get. I like Abbiati, but his mistakes in very bad momments helped that we crawl in the beggining of the last year. Signing Lopez would help as improve for at least 2 positions on the table. Now there is other side of the medal. He is not that young and at best he should be able to play 5 years top class. Which for a player you sign for free is really great. As somebody before said we would finally lock this position for some time and we will have enough time to find somebody who will come afterwards. 5 years in football is a long long time, and maybe in that time we will be financially able to exploit the market better. And don't forget in 4 years there is another world cup, and a year before and during world cup there are many opportunities. If we bring him we can guaranty safety on a goal until that period. And his wage is really not that elevated considering how much we are paying for some unuseful players who are not worth even mentioning.

But does anybody finds quite redicoulus that Real is giving away Lopez to us as a gift? After Kaka too. Ok, friends are friends, but it is not like paying a bill in a restaurant. It is like giving away 5 milions at least. I think the next time we will be gift givers, and we will wrap De Sciglio under Real's Christmas tree.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Nobody fucking knew him b4 his move to RM. A few good reflex saves and he's the new Schmeichel all of a sudden.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Nobody fucking knew him b4 his move to RM. A few good reflex saves and he's the new Schmeichel all of a sudden.

this.

But would still be a good transfer. Just don't give him high wages.

zio_fester

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Yeah, Real payed him all that money because he was a bad goalkeeper. Just liked nobody knew Navas before they announced him today. If u watch spanish league, you would know. And it is not one year. It is last two years, since Mourinho benched Iker ( Real's legend ) for him.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Having a high quality keeper would be huge for us. It would significantly increase our chances of European play next season.

Plus if we get him we can loan out Gabriel to a Serie B team where he can start which will be good for his development

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, Real payed him all that money because he was a bad goalkeeper. Just liked nobody knew Navas before they announced him today. If u watch spanish league, you would know. And it is not one year. It is last two years, since Mourinho benched Iker ( Real's legend ) for him.

How much was his transfer?

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Great goalkeeper. Do sign.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Finger cross this will go through!

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
32 is not old for a GK. 30-35 are often a keeper's best years.

and his ceiling is top 10 in the world and is massively better than anything we have.

He would be a great buy

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
32 is not old for a GK. 30-35 are often a keeper's best years.

and his ceiling is top 10 in the world and is massively better than anything we have.

He would be a great buy

Fine. Lets get him for short/medium term n then also get Perin for the long term.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reached his ceiling. Is old.

High level, not old for a gk at all, consistent and experienced on a very reasonable wage.

I'm all in for Diego + Abbiati for now. Buy Perin/Scuffet and stall them for a couple seasons, just toss Agazzi and Gabriel away. But it's unlikely cause they wanna see cash.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
High level, not old for a gk at all, consistent and experienced on a very reasonable wage.

I'm all in for Diego + Abbiati for now. Buy Perin/Scuffet and stall them for a couple seasons, just toss Agazzi and Gabriel away. But it's unlikely cause they wanna see cash.

overkill, milan would never do that I mean never. To overload on keeper position when we have limited resources.

Lopez is the steal of the summer i was ecstatic when milan were linked with him couple of years ago

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't even dare to hope this will come true. If it doesn't, I would be too much disappointed.

Diego Lopez... c'mon man how great would that be? :)

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D

get lopez and perin both ... and send perin on loan for a couple of years just like what chelsea did with courtois !

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
get lopez and perin both ... and send perin on loan for a couple of years just like what chelsea did with courtois !

We don't even have money to buy better starters for other positions why do you think we can afford to invest in back up gk for the future

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D
We don't even have money to buy better starters for other positions why do you think we can afford to invest in back up gk for the future

what make you think we don't have money ... we have money, we just don't want to spend it:proud:

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE!

I'm surprised Madrid don't want any money for him.

Like it makes sense getting rid of him to a team that is not in champions league contention so it won't come back to bite them in the ass, but wouldn't he command at least 20 mill.

I also will never comprehend how we can buy players for free and think we are gonna get golden returns from them.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
what make you think we don't have money ... we have money, we just don't want to spend it:proud:

really? Rami had to save his arse by chipping in 500k few weeks back :lol:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol don't question madrid transfer policy. They just don't give a fuck about anything, sign stars for the heck off it. who cares. Meanwhile G's there for the leftovers.

Xabi and Diego Lopez. Perez pls.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"I am the best and you all know it", Diego explodes

'On finding out that the club does not need him any longer, Diego López was extremely outspoken with Real Madrid. On the journey back from the United States, he spoke to the club's board members, who were on the same plane. "I am the best and you all know it, but do whatever you like", he told them to their faces.'

lol I love him already

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
come to us baby and find your inner peace, dont be mad

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
they signed falcao as their new goal keeper i think carlo wont let pervez do it