Week 18: AC Milan - U.C. Sampdoria 06/01/2020 15:00 CET

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It would be very weird if he did anything else. We need more signings with direct effect, only Ibra wilm only spoil his swansong and our second half of the season.

Don’t expect anyone else of any quality. It’s pretty much a logical impossibility to get talented players at their peak with our budget and trajectory.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
second half we were clearly better when ibra came on
good match by Theo, Donna, Ismael and Ibra

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
second half we were clearly better when ibra came on
good match by Theo, Donna, Ismael and Ibra
Yep, we held Sampdoria at home after Atalanta trashing.
Great success!

When is the champions league back on?
Need to watch other teams play real football so I don't forget what it's like. :proud:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just finished watching. Ibra and Leao changed our offensive play. This should be the first clue for mister pioli about what to do. Suso's pass to sideline advertising sign on last minutes should be the second

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
what can go wrong when you use as creative midfielder someone who isnt or use players as wingers who are not a wingers ...
bona shows almost nothing in attack and not exists in possession game when we are under presser, suso become total joke and hakan after 2 good games under pioli return to his usual slipping and pointless shoting - yet all of them for some reason starts game after game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I feel absolutely no pity for Suso. If he can’t perform, he needs to be benched. Then he can sulk, fuck off whatever.

Suso has put me in the absurd position of feeling sorry for Samu, who brings in much more urgency and movement than Suso.
Lol. That is indeed an absurd position.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Don’t expect anyone else of any quality. It’s pretty much a logical impossibility to get talented players at their peak with our budget and trajectory.
I don't mean peak players, but people of Ibra-esque(at 38) impact and experience. Someone who has actually heard the CL hymn while standing on the grass in a football stadium.

Someone like Ribery, or someone less known but solid performers.

I hate my players man

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Hope we do this next game:

----Leao/Piat-----Ibra-------
-----------Paq/Jack--------
-Theo----Ben--Kes/Kru--Con
----Roma----Cal----Musa--
------------Donna---------

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don't mean peak players, but people of Ibra-esque(at 38) impact and experience. Someone who has actually heard the CL hymn while standing on the grass in a football stadium.

Someone like Ribery, or someone less known but solid performers.

I hate my players man

I know it’s a sad situation :( I don’t think we should do Ibra Ribery like signings for more positions though.. these guys simply can’t start week in week out these days, look at Ribery’s case for instance.

Just forget this season and try reduce the mental investment for a few months.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The real difference between this season and last season are - Gattuso, Baka and Crutone.

Should have kept all 3.
Instead we've spent 100m and everyone except Theo is useless.

Maldini and Boban failed miserably.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The real difference between this season and last season are - Gattuso, Baka and Crutone.

Should have kept all 3.
Instead we've spent 100m and everyone except Theo is useless.

Maldini and Boban failed miserably.
Worthless vergogna post.

Everything was rosy last season eh?

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Worthless vergogna post.

Everything was rosy last season eh?
Finishing top 5 for the first time in years and not losing 5:0 to Atalanta. You are right. It was rosy as fuck.

Also, spending 80 million on fodders instead of trying to develop a young talent for a change. Shocking thought.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finishing top 5 for the first time in years and not losing 5:0 to Atalanta. You are right. It was rosy as fuck.

Also, spending 80 million on fodders instead of trying to develop a young talent for a change. Shocking thought.

who did spend 80 mil on fodders? Are you from alternative universe?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Krunic, Duarte, Bannancer, Leao, Piatek

Average players that's didn't address our weaknesses.

totally right, why would we address a cripple Biglia, brain-dead Kessie, unmotivated piggy, and non-existent left wing

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp:

Piatek was last season, since you was comparing current and previous seasons
So was Crutone sale. And?

I don't even what you are trying to argue.
This squad is clearly worse than last year.
Look at the table or watch any game and try not to cry.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

What talent are you talking about? If there was even the slightest chance that some of the youngsters could help turn this nightmare around I'm sure they would get playing time. The fact of the matter is that the Primavera were relegated last season because they like the first team are completely stripped of talent.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So was Crutone sale. And?

I don't even what you are trying to argue.
This squad is clearly worse than last year.
Look at the table or watch any game and try not to cry.

I'm trying to argue your point about Maldini and Boban spending 80mil on fodders. It's clearly wrong.
I wouldn't want any of brought players to leave (except Rebic). The problem is garbage we amassed during years before

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Zlatan's game today confirmed what MLS watchers have been saying about him.. he plays purely as a poacher now. Which is completely understandable for a 38 year old.
Did he though? He made a great cross to the area from CAM position, and another one close to LW. Im not convinced he will be glued to the box the same way he often was in MLS.

With that said, maybe he should be. From what I saw from the game there is not a whole lot of other options in the box, and at least some good intentions for offensive mid.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My dear fellow... Duarte & Krunic

They are squad players, ready to sit on the bench and fill gaps when needed.
I would sell Kessie before Krunic and Musacchio before Duarte.
Duarte actualy might have some potential (don't tell me you know he doesn't)

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Shocking.

Those couple of times Suso just booted the ball out when he was trying to play Zlatan in just summed up how far we have fallen.

At least we have Zlatan who can still show moments of real quality.

Schedule