The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 04-02-2013, 19:50   #7001
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

"How are boston winning without their star?!"!"

Here's a hint... he's NOT a star, nor is he that good. Boston's record has been better in 38 games without rondo than with him.

If you wanna know why one of most stat and analytic-centric front offices (boston... keep in mind, most of it originated from MIT, in their backyard) has been shopping Rondo for players like Curry who are deemed 'worse' by mainstream media.... it's because they know he's not as good as them. He's 'good' but nothing special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Gasol is acceptable on attack but hes a huge liability on defence.

Id trade Gasol+Metta for Batum+JJ Hickson
But portland would not....lol

What's the incentive for portland to take 2 much older players with much higher salary?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 19:54   #7002
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Michael Jordan is turning 50 in a week

makes me feel soooo old,

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 04-02-2013, 19:56   #7003
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Because it will make them stronger.

btw Rondo= starting allstar. Curry= didnt even make the allstar. just sayin

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 19:57   #7004
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Because it will make them stronger.

btw Rondo= starting allstar. Curry= didnt even make the allstar. just sayin
yao ming, voted all star every year when he didn't play

jeremy lin 3rd most votes as a guard

guess what, people are idiots. By every metric possible, Curry helps you win games much more than Rondo. Boston's own front office agrees

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 04-02-2013, 20:06   #7005
Madridista

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

ok comparing Yao ming and Lin for whom entire China is voting, to Rondo is simply ridiculous. Rondo is special.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 04-02-2013, 21:21   #7006
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
ok comparing Yao ming and Lin for whom entire China is voting, to Rondo is simply ridiculous. Rondo is special.
nah, he's not

his limitations make him a highly overrated player. The results don't lie

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 04-02-2013, 23:23   #7007
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
KG for Bledsoe/DeAndre is a fascinating trade rumor. I can tell you 2 teams that don't want that trade to happen: OKC and Miami.

God that better not happen. KG would turn Clippers into a legit title contender. He'd fit perfectly with CP3, Blake and give them that added presense.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 04-02-2013, 23:55   #7008
Madridista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
nah, he's not

his limitations make him a highly overrated player. The results don't lie
yes he cant shoot well, we know. yet no other playmaker in the league can do some of the stuff he does.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 05-02-2013, 00:00   #7009
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
yes he cant shoot well, we know. yet no other playmaker in the league can do some of the stuff he does.
problem is.... he overpasses.

he's selfish.

An example of a high iq playmaker is CP3, guy always makes right decision, if he has the shot he takes it, if he doesn't he passes, he sets everyone up

Rondo doesnt do that, and makes him painfully predictable.

according to one scout interviewed by Marc Stein, Rondo was "playing for steals and assists sometimes instead of making the winning play or the easier play or defending his guy like he should."

See DRose, can't really shoot, Westbrook is erratic as fuck, but they also get to free throw line a lot and make em. Rondo is afraid of free throws so you're stuck with a player who doesnt shoot or really attack.

-

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player, i just happen to not see a guy who is a top 10 pg. Even if he is possibly the best passer, and has potential to be, he doesn't play winning basketball consistently.

It's not the lack of shooting which bugs me, as much as it's total lack of bbiq. You know Kidd is one of my favs and guy couldn't shoot till he ewas like 35

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 05-02-2013, 00:03   #7010
justhope
AC Milan Legend

went to a basketball game this evening. the atmophesre was pretty cool.

sold out, about 4000 people in a newly open arena (this fall).

edit-

Last edited by justhope; 05-02-2013 at 00:08.
justhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 00:07   #7011
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHoPe View Post
went to a basketball game this evening. the atmophesre was pretty cool.

sold out, about 4000 people in a newly open arena (this fall).
where?

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 05-02-2013, 02:46   #7012
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

I'm watching Pacers vs Bulls.
George is a beast. How come Senatore, he's never mentioned to the best in the league. What's your opinion on him? This Pacers team looks young they may be good in the future. I was expecting more from Hibbert, but I think he's stuck the same player as he was two years ago. or he's just getting worse.

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:26   #7013
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Chandler best center in the league this season.

Last edited by Redman10; 05-02-2013 at 14:41.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 16:36   #7014
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugiNesta View Post
I'm watching Pacers vs Bulls.
George is a beast. How come Senatore, he's never mentioned to the best in the league. What's your opinion on him? This Pacers team looks young they may be good in the future. I was expecting more from Hibbert, but I think he's stuck the same player as he was two years ago. or he's just getting worse.
I mentioned george a few pages back.

I love George's game, always have. Defensive beast. All around good offensive player. I don't think he'll be a big time scorer though. Maybe more like a Deng, Iguodala type player (which of course is very useful)

Indiana is lacking something though. Lot of nice pieces but missing 'the guy' if you will. Hibberts been straight up bad

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 05-02-2013, 19:49   #7015
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

playing houston tonight.

first time we'll see houston this year (out of 4 total match ups). Kind of excited and scared.

Houston's one of most exciting teams to watch. They are dangerous. Type of team who can beat anyone.

Rough 4 games in 5 nights...

Houston, OKC... day off, san antonio, memphis.

ouch

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 05-02-2013, 21:47   #7016
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

OJ Mayo's real name is Ovinton J'Anthony

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 05-02-2013, 22:22   #7017
Andre13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I mentioned george a few pages back.

I love George's game, always have. Defensive beast. All around good offensive player. I don't think he'll be a big time scorer though. Maybe more like a Deng, Iguodala type player (which of course is very useful)

Indiana is lacking something though. Lot of nice pieces but missing 'the guy' if you will. Hibberts been straight up bad
Hibbert being bad depends on how you view it, yes - he's not worth max money and yes, he has been mediocre on offense, but he is the anchor of the 1# defense in the league. Advanced statistics support the statement that he has been one of the best defensive players in the league this season, thus, Indiana wouldn't be as impressive without him.
Andre13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 00:38   #7018
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre13 View Post
Hibbert being bad depends on how you view it, yes - he's not worth max money and yes, he has been mediocre on offense, but he is the anchor of the 1# defense in the league. Advanced statistics support the statement that he has been one of the best defensive players in the league this season, thus, Indiana wouldn't be as impressive without him.
no you're right there. I mean he's regressed on offense.

George has been best defensive player on team, followed by hibbert. REally all of them have been above average

the best defensive impact player has ben marc gasol

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 06-02-2013, 03:09   #7019
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

HOLY SHIT. Most insane first half ever. We're down 77-62 to Houston

Both teams shooting lights out. Houston is running us out of the gym. The pass and space and run so well. 21 assists in a half is unheard of. We have 18 which is also insane

Turn it on

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 06-02-2013, 03:19   #7020
Madridista

Nah, I waited all season for Kobe vs. JJ

Signature

#ForeverMario