The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 10-10-2019, 18:46   #61
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Can't wait for the game
New coach boost should come into effect.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 19:11   #62
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

The major positives Iíve picked up on about Pioli are that heís charismatic/player favorite, he doesnít over complicate things, and that he looks to play a style with intensity.

Iíve been clear in my desire for a high press system of some variation, and Goodfella was right to point out early on that Giampaolos teams didnít run particularly enough. For a young team like Milanís, it makes sense to ply with intensity, it will benefit our attack as well to win the ball back high up the field. When you have an experienced, smarter team it makes sense to play a deep line and cut off passing angles. When you have a younger team with legs to spare, it makes sense to play with high intensity and squeeze the life out of your opponents. I hope Pioli manages to outwork other teams at the very least if we can outplay them.

Charisma and getting the players to buy into him is also crucial for a young team. Over half of our team is talented and has shown flashes of good things, but theyíre raw and a lot of players need to take the next step in their career toward being a more consistent player. Pioli being a father figure and being well liked will go a long way toward that I hope, because regardless of tactics, Milan first and foremost needs a coach that can shape young players. Thatís the priority and the key determining factor in future success of this team.

Simplicity is also something I like about him, maybe similar to Gattuso although it seems like Pioli has more attacking ideas in him than Rino did. Clearly this team was not ready for an over complicated system that Giampaolo and also Montella wanted to try. Well see how he does, itís certainly a gamble but on the surface level, he has the traits to at least improve the team a little bit
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 19:20   #63
Saeed
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
The major positives Iíve picked up on about Pioli are that heís charismatic/player favorite, he doesnít over complicate things, and that he looks to play a style with intensity.

Iíve been clear in my desire for a high press system of some variation, and Goodfella was right to point out early on that Giampaolos teams didnít run particularly enough. For a young team like Milanís, it makes sense to ply with intensity, it will benefit our attack as well to win the ball back high up the field. When you have an experienced, smarter team it makes sense to play a deep line and cut off passing angles. When you have a younger team with legs to spare, it makes sense to play with high intensity and squeeze the life out of your opponents. I hope Pioli manages to outwork other teams at the very least if we can outplay them.

Charisma and getting the players to buy into him is also crucial for a young team. Over half of our team is talented and has shown flashes of good things, but theyíre raw and a lot of players need to take the next step in their career toward being a more consistent player. Pioli being a father figure and being well liked will go a long way toward that I hope, because regardless of tactics, Milan first and foremost needs a coach that can shape young players. Thatís the priority and the key determining factor in future success of this team.

Simplicity is also something I like about him, maybe similar to Gattuso although it seems like Pioli has more attacking ideas in him than Rino did. Clearly this team was not ready for an over complicated system that Giampaolo and also Montella wanted to try. Well see how he does, itís certainly a gamble but on the surface level, he has the traits to at least improve the team a little bit
Although I am not very optimistic regarding our current state, but your post makes sense and it made me feel better. So, thank you!
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 23:36   #64
MKD_z0ki
Chosen One

The thing is with this guy once his tactics dont work he doesn't have a plan b.

Signature
MKD_z0ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 23:51   #65
Saeed
Primavera Player

Has he ever used 3 at the back? Considering how shit Calabria and Conti have been defensively, a 3-man defense might be a better option. Also Theo doesn't seem to be solid when defending. Any idea?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 00:22   #66
MKD_z0ki
Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
Has he ever used 3 at the back? Considering how shit Calabria and Conti have been defensively, a 3-man defense might be a better option. Also Theo doesn't seem to be solid when defending. Any idea?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
He has used 3 at the back mainly against teams with possession where he needs to rely on counters. And against lower table teams where he can play possession based to have as many players as possible in opponents half. He mainly deploys 4231 and 433

Signature
MKD_z0ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:22   #67
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
The positives that I can say is that from all inerviews and quotes i've heard from him so far he at least doesn't sound like a GP style coach and his mentality and style already sound lightyears better than that tardbox GP. I think Pioli can have us battling for top 4. I think Spaletti would have gotten us there but at least Pioli might get us to at least challenge for it...

Well, now that there's nothing I can do about it, here's me becoming a fan again and willing to give support unless shit hits the fan again.

Good luck and Forza Pioli
My thoughts really. GP was a liability and we would have been closer to the bottom 3 than the top 4 with him. We have a better chance with Pioli.

The start to the season shows what a massive mistake binning Gattuso was.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:13   #68
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKD_z0ki View Post
The thing is with this guy once his tactics dont work he doesn't have a plan b.
I will take a scenario where Pioli start good & then his tactic are known & team is exposed.
Thing is GP doesnt know his own tactic.
I have no doubt that Pioli > GP.
Maybe not CL place better , but better.
If its Pioli or stick with GP then ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 14:47   #69
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 17:49   #70
Buske
AC Milan Legend

Buske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 00:29   #71
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

Backup CB

Signature
60 Millions are better spent on 1 quality player than 3 average players.
We won't get anywhere by replacing players with others that are just 2% better
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:55   #72
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:56   #73
joyrider
Il Moderati

Stefano Pioli is working on team-building exercises at Milan, including a rearrangement of the tables in their dining room.

The new Coach was appointed this week, replacing Marco Giampaolo after four defeats and three wins in Serie A this season.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Pioli’s first gesture was aimed at creating a more harmonious atmosphere within the squad.

This starts in the dining room, where he wants all the players around one long table so they can sit together and chat.

Until now, there have been many small tables, allowing them to break off into small groups.

Pioli is also introducing the idea of everyone having breakfast together when there are early training sessions.

Players can also be weighed before and after physical activity, in a bid to understand their progress and limit the diet.

He seems like a serious person.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:08   #74
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Nice

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:12   #75
Subw00fer
Rookie

Fav. Players: Shevchenko; Kaka; Thiago Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post

Pioli is also introducing the idea of everyone having breakfast together when there are early training sessions.

Players can also be weighed before and after physical activity, in a bid to understand their progress and limit the diet.
Itís quiet a true business!
I have seen walkthrough of Zinchenko at City training camp and the same thing from Golovin at Monaco, seems like usual practice on board of top club. If you will delay even for 1 minute on breakfast - Pep makes for you some additional duties (wash the cleats for all team or assist another personnel for some hours or train young team). Everybody should respect the team and coaching staff.
Subw00fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 13:16   #76
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

One table instead of many small tables?!

Fuck this man is next level!

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 15:59   #77
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Stefano Pioli is working on team-building exercises at Milan, including a rearrangement of the tables in their dining room.

The new Coach was appointed this week, replacing Marco Giampaolo after four defeats and three wins in Serie A this season.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Pioli’s first gesture was aimed at creating a more harmonious atmosphere within the squad.

This starts in the dining room, where he wants all the players around one long table so they can sit together and chat.

Until now, there have been many small tables, allowing them to break off into small groups.

He seems like a serious person.
This is very very serious calcio. One step away from Puccini in the dressing rooms. Forza Stefano.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 11:12   #78
fray
Casciavit

A 433 man.

Would've liked to see what he could do with 4321, but it is what it is.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 12:13   #79
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

OK he got me, I am sold

Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 13:28   #80
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
One table instead of many small tables?!

Fuck this man is next level!

Would have been great if he leave a junior table aside for Hakan & Suso

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote