Golden posts

Should we have a post of the day thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Jasper said:
Put this on and read.

Andriy Shevchenko

Will there ever be a Milan player, who will stir up such a mix of emotions? For me personally - probably not. His transfer to Chelsea literally changed me. Meaning if we'd sell another of our icons I wouldn't get so emotional and take it as strictly business.

He was a hero. And considered a legend but then he jumped the ship. To me our legend can only be with a red-black heart. Great professionals go in the book of history of the game. Great personalities to the legend section. The ones who breath the club are more of a legend to me. If we played Serie B for a decade I'd probably consider somebody more of a legend than him after 173 goals, titles and victories. Even someone with less years in our shirt, but with open relationship and attitude, like Rui Costa, imposes more.

Why I doubt I'll ever have the emotions experienced with his departure? I certainly won't get that personal on the matter - fighting back at everyone betting his departure, trying to get votes on (Kyara's) petition. Even if we'll have another one(e.g. Kaka) saying all the right words convincing me he will stay, I'll be distanced and Sheva factor will always insert scepticism on the declarations from players.

Sheva was with us and barried all transfer talk - I believed, protected, fell more and more or him. He still had to make the move for the sake of his family - I felt betrayed and dissapointed, yet I tried to understand. He scored and kissed Chelsea shirt on first semi-official game - I was frustrated. Heartbroken Wished he caught a cancer. No legend.

But time heals the wounds and as days went by we hardly saw any kisses from him. We were struggling in our attack-apartment and occasionally seeing both teams at the same time, in a pub, was sad. The tune describing the transfer at first for me was the playing System Of A Down - Lost In Hollywood. Though after the shirtkiss more violent and more Slipknot lyrics would have done, but in the pub my mind instantly started to sing - 'You should have never gone to Hollywood' and the riffs are equally spot on emotional.

Slowly ice melted and I did see I had a part too in the frustration being so naive.

I wasn't rooting for today's transfer too because obviously I'd like to see a defender first(Hopefully we'll get one). But seeing Pippo limp off after 20 minutes of football + Boriello injury + Kaka injury an attacker wouldn't hurt. Sure it's questinable with speculations about the money, but those vary from free loan + 6.5m salary from Chelsea and end with our 15m offer. I believe a very drastic bonus system was made along with pay-cut.

We have thrown as much sh!t at him as he has to us but whenever we sign someone we should always show support. Whistles hardly help.

Now I'm a bit happy. He has an open road ahead of him. I'd love to see him redeemi himself by totally shutting his mouth as well as sceptics(me among them). Nordahl's 221 is waiting to be crushed as well as Inter is needs to be spanked by it's Daddy.

Welcome back. I used to think the song starts with "I'll wait you". In a way I did.
:proud:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:
I'm browsing around different Milan websites, checking the reactions of the fans, reading their comments & looking at their signatures. All the pictures & videos posted take me back to years of joy & memories I can never forget. All the goals he scored, the victories he brought. All the signatures & avatars I used to create for him. Every post I wrote, every word leaking with love & respect for this player. Pictures of him hugging Ricky & Capitano remind me of the special flavour every goal had when Sheva was the one who scored it. It all felt like a different world, like living in a fairlytale. When the monster is attacking the princess & the prince comes to the rescue. Sheva was the prince, Milan's prince, my prince. He became a big part of my life & remained for 7 beautiful years. Now after all this time, thinking that I moved on & that he no longer belongs in my heart, Sheva brings back feelings that nobody else could bring. Yesterday when I heard the news, I was running around the house like a nutcase telling my brothers that Sheva's back, and the smile I saw on their faces seeing me so excited is a smile I only see when Sheva is in question.

What really amazes me is that everytime Sheva's name is mentioned, the name "Kyara" also pops up. I'm not saying this to show off, but I'm saying it because I'm proud to be a Sheva fan & I'm proud to be associated with him all the time. Even after what he did, even after he literally broke our hearts. To me, he is Sheva. A name that brings me hope, joy & happiness and I will take it all even if it means I should also take the pain. We all make mistakes in life. Perhaps for us it's easier to move on & be forgiven because our mistakes involve a smaller range of people. But when a legend makes a mistake, then there are millions involved & it's impossible to be forgiven by everyone. It's now up to him to build back the bridges that he burnt, and knowing him & trusting him makes me believe that he certainly could.

The beauty of this story for me is that mistakes can be corrected, people can be forgiven & true love never really dies.

Legal disclaimer: all the above is really cheesy, emotional & probably makes you wanna puke, but I honestly don't care because my heart is now officially back :)

FORZA SHEVA!!!

It's not that it's a nice post, but it's a long one and deserves a mention. :tongue:

Just kidding

:star: GOLD

Last edited:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
last two posts = gold..:star:

ps
can`t believe beemer made such a rookie mistake..:tongue:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
gaizka22 said:
Step 1 : make sure your wife can tolerate your Milan habit (ignoring her when the game is on tv, spending money on merchandise, sudden mood swing depending on Milan's performance)

Step 2 : baby inside the womb can hear voices starting around 3 months into the pregnancy. So after your wife is pregnant, make sure she's sitting close by you whenever you watch Milan games on TV, so that the baby inside can hear the commentary or at least your praises for the team (I guess that explains why my baby has a big temper, when he was inside the womb Milan wasn't performing too good so the comments he heard from me were mostly curses). And before bed, stroke your wife's belly and sing very slowly : Milaaaaaan....milaaaannnn....sono conte...MILAN... (or whatever the real words are)

Step 3 : during the labor, make sure you wear a Milan jersey (I wore the 90/91 season's jersey). You see, inside the maternity ward, most of the colors are white (the doctor's and nurses' suit and the clean white painted walls). So although a newly born baby can only see blurry images, a very bright red color will atttract his vision.

Step 4 : his eyes can't still see properly until he's 2-3 months old. So again, a very bright color will attract him. Dominate his vision with red colors as soon as possible. Decorate his room, wear Milan jersey as much as possible whenever nearing him but be very prepared for the occasional puke or burb that babies usually do that will ruin your precious shirt.

Step 5 : buy a lot of football toys. Being a Milan fan is not much of a use if my son doesn't want to play soccer. So far it works for me.

Step 6 : try sit him watching Milan games. This is quite hard to do for me since Milan games are aired around 9PM in Indonesia, by which time my son is asleep. And wishing him to sit quitely with me for 5 minutes is a huge task, let alone 90 minutes :rolleyes:

Do above steps and hopefully your son/daughter will turn into a bonafide Milan fans. You can of course improvise. But there's an unwritten first step that you need to accomplish yourself : get a girlfriend/boyfriend that's willing to enter a marriage with you :D

i'm going to remember this for a long time :D

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
that was a wonderful post, the only time i felt someone is more insane about this club than i am... not that this passion could be measured... gaizaka, is the legend of legends, if you dond mind gaizka when i get myself a baby im gonna send him to you on a preparatory cycle :D

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Jivara said:
that was a wonderful post, the only time i felt someone is more insane about this club than i am... not that this passion could be measured... gaizaka, is the legend of legends, if you dond mind gaizka when i get myself a baby im gonna send him to you on a preparatory cycle :D
That post was actually done on a whim. Less than 10 minutes and I was basically laughing when writing about it. I am actually quite surprised that it made its entry here, but glad that someone likes it enough :)

As for your 'future' baby, let me make it easier for you to have a Milan baby : send your 'future' wife to my place for 1 week and wait for 9 months and you'll get yourself a Milan baby :D :D :D. Just joking 'mate.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
The prodigal son returns and the Rossoneri family rejoices in unity. All transgressions are laid to pass and a glorious future beckons.

Rapturous cheers were once shared, and later tears of hurt and pain. Amidst disappointment, angry words were voiced; but true love conquers all animosity. Now once again the team will triumph in festival celebrations.

Grazie Presidente Berlusconi. Welcome home Sheva and Forza Milan.

:star: GOLD by snoozeman !

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Bes said:
:star: GOLD by snoozeman !
Yes, the "prodigal son" combo is the hook for me. Lovely.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Use grammar and everybody will love you.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jasper said:
Use grammar and everybody will love you.

That's pretty much how it works for me. If anyone makes a post with a correctly used semi-colon I'm putting it in here.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The poll is FAILING! Holy thread is derailed with simple daily-goodie posts. I invite other mods to show more character, use Athenian democracy and make it pure.

First to be axed - whalehunter Jivara's dream girl post(link at least).

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Billy_69 said:
Throw Moratti into his oil pit and a zippo lighter right behind him, then dissolve Inter pezzo di merda and radiate them from the FIGC to not infect Serie D by their pestilence. Also force Moratti's son to parade in whole Italy with his head and hands chained in a medieval shamepole, with their "honest" trophies below him and a sign that reads, "Io vuolo un scudetto, io telefono Guido", Guido Rossi himself, Palazzi the bribed judge and Tronchetti should of course pull the cart with the shamepole on it and get whipped savagely by Luciano Moggi in a carnaval costume. Justice served.

Oh yeah, and Put a stamp on the Special ***'s butt and send him back to Portugal in an economy package strapped to a leaking boat.
billy's love for moratti

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
forouks contribution after caligiri match :D

menon_inc said:

LOL :D This is freaking hilarious :D

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
^^Posts like this one are just ruining the thread. It`s just a random post and there`s nothing special about it.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
drucurl said:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
For saying what many think :proud:
its not a golden post, and it seems ironic since you have been chasing him all around the net ever since he was banned here and now you cannot stand him.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
Why Cheslea? Could you really stand Terry, Drogba, ballack, A.Cole winning? (I know Ronaldo is a prick, but atleast you wouldn't have the media start a "england captain better than the other captains" debate - thats how pathetic the English media is.

if you are sick and tired of manutd glory hunters you'll be equally pee'd off at the hype Terry would get being as the "England captain hero is European champion". They'd be saying things like "Europe has never seen such a captain fantastic" all bloody year.

If Arsenal won it there would be an explosion in the press as its all there dreams come true and we'd be hearing it for years - I think I'd have to permentantly get of Sky Sports for a while and never look at a newspaper ever again.

If Manutd won it then the glory hunters would have a field day.

If Liverpool win it then I will be sent to jail for murder.
Funny one!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I thought its too long to be considered a 'quote'. ;)

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Jivara said:
I thought its too long to be considered a 'quote'. ;)

Too long? From when did quotes start having length limits? ;)

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
^^Another post that doesn`t belong anywhere near this thread.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Beemer said:
mrki has this crazy game called football figured out, by God. :)
How on earth is that a Golden post?

Please move it to 'Favourite Quotes'.