Gustavo Gómez Thread

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Gave the ball away to Aguero at the beginning, was lucky not to get a yellow. Almost lost the ball again, while trying to run out of defence with the ball.

Unnecessary foul on Higuain at a dangerous position later in the game.

He had a good game?

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gomez doesn't inspire me with any confidence at all. If he had come from a team that had a good Libertadores tournament, I would be more optimistic about him. However, he came from a team that won the Argentine league that only lasted 4 months and wasn't as competitive because River Plate and Boca Juniors were focused on the Libertadores.

He needs to work on a lot of things before he can even think of becoming a starter in this Milan team.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So how was he today?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Had a good game today, compared to how shit he was against Napoli & Sassuolo. He is improving and showing that he can be a good bench material for the future.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Was out of position on few occasions which could have been costly. Overall communicated well with rest of the defense as you could see with those offside traps. Limited pescara with shots outside from the box.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
better than vergara atleast
he just need playtime

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Had a good game today, compared to how shit he was against Napoli & Sassuolo. He is improving and showing that he can be a good bench material for the future.

He does show improvement but there were tons of miscommunication with Romagnoli which could have been disastrous. Impressive we managed to keep the clean sheet and hope he can build on that.

I really hope we stick with Gomez and that he fulfills his potentials here.

better than vergara atleast
he just need playtime

That's not saying much.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Gustavo Gómez Thread

I don't trust him.
Hope he improves though... Somehow

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't trust him.
Hope he improves though... Somehow

To be honest I prefer Ely but that it is just me. So far the only good thing that Gomez has it is his pace. Besides that he is bad at best.

I told you guys, the players in South America are not even 10% of good as a decade ago.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
At best hes a good defender. He's far better than Ely and has shown in games. Ely was a nightmare outside of preseason and suffers from confidence issues that Gomez clearly does not have.

He has potential but i question whether or not he fits new milan. He's not a bad defender though, you guys exaggerate too much

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
To be honest I prefer Ely but that it is just me. So far the only good thing that Gomez has it is his pace. Besides that he is bad at best.

I told you guys, the players in South America are not even 10% of good as a decade ago.

Ely was a nightmare too. Both are not milan material.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know but IMO Gomez was even worst if you do not include his performance against Napoli.

Yeah. Ely at least had a good pre-season

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I think this is the perfect kind of player to send out on loan if we sign musacchio etc.

Unlike most of our defence loanees who cant start in most serie b teams...Gomez has shown to be pretty good when ever he plays for paraguay.

He could easily start a season at a midtable club and get used to Italian football.

If he gets used and settles down, he could be a good 3rd choice CB for the future. He could even surprise us and be even better.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
can't really trust him now
but we didn't have a choice
zapata or this guy :lol:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Huge game for him

He hasn't impressed so far, but he could turn it all around tonight.

If he fucks up tonight he's probably going to be loaned to Pescara for 6 months or something

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is ................... terrible.

People say he got better in the second half. I digress.
Every time there were crosses coming to his side it was Locatelli coming to the rescue.

He is a David Luiz kind of player. Not really a CB.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I thought he was surprisingly good tonight.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
No Milan player completed more passes (51), made more interceptions (3), clearances (12) and accurate long balls (7) than Gustavo Gomez.

He was solid.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He was solid and has improved quite a bit this year. And remember he is only 23, that is still quite young CB. He should keep getting better.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Suprised me today...was our best player on the pitch barring Suso.

He was always there to clear the ball away from danger. 5 mins in he was having a terrible game and I was thinking we were going to be in the end of another 4 goal mailing.

Thank God he managed to turn it round.