Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So much anti-drucurl sentiment :proud:

First of all you must know that a large % of my criticisms of Messi is pure trolling....mainly in response to the fanboyz lining up to suck his (micro)dick. He is definitely one of the Greatest Of All Time. However I tend to respect his contrmporaries, if only for the reason that their path to success was not as red-carpeted and paved in gols as his was. Sure, this was not his fault...but I see it as a ridiculous wind assist as opposed to the rest of the pantheon of football gods who ran against the wind to achieve their success

Secondly, I an not naturally inclined to like such a robotic player. It's not that I BLAME him because he's been schooled in the Barca way since he was 12 years old....so he's spent more of his life in the Barca system as opposed to the players who grew "organically" like....everybody else. However, it also stands to reason that as a direct consequence, his ability to adapt to different environments, tactic, formations mentalities etc is diminished. Regardless of where they played....R9 was R9, Ronaldinho was dinho, Maldini was Maldini etc. Sure they would obviously have had more success with more support (hence Maldini won with his club and R9 won with his country)....but they never looked COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT as Messi does when he changes shirts. So, no, it's not all about titles...else there would be no room for George Weah, iBra, Yorke etc...who came from football minnows....but it's about performance

It's a pretty big indictment that in the WC 2014, Messi's goals dried up as soon as he left the group stage. His goals came against the much weaker sides in Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.... AS SOON as he faced the powerhouses or stronger teams, and was outside his Barca ecosystem, the goals dried up. One can make the argument that he was playing more withdrawn....but it doesn't change the fact that he went from scoring to not scoring as he did AGAIN with Chile

Which brings me to the final....the penalty miss was much needed haterade and troll fodder for me...but was smaller in the grand scheme...Argentina shouldn't need a massively superior team to beat fucking Chile. France, Germany, even a full strength Brazil...but Chile....nah That shit doesn't fly.

I think you are really underestimating Chile. They are better than France and Brazil. Messi is one of the greatest. But I agree that barca formation and the way they play to his strength makes him look better than he actually is. Having said that I still dont know a player I would say yes overall he is better player. So he is the best ever overall and still overrated if that makes any sense

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

First of all you must know that a large % of my criticisms of Messi is pure trolling....mainly in response to the fanboyz lining up to suck his (micro)dick. He is definitely one of the Greatest Of All Time. However I tend to respect his contrmporaries, if only for the reason that their path to success was not as red-carpeted and paved in gols as his was. Sure, this was not his fault...but I see it as a ridiculous wind assist as opposed to the rest of the pantheon of football gods who ran against the wind to achieve their success

Secondly, I an not naturally inclined to like such a robotic player. It's not that I BLAME him because he's been schooled in the Barca way since he was 12 years old....so he's spent more of his life in the Barca system as opposed to the players who grew "organically" like....everybody else. However, it also stands to reason that as a direct consequence, his ability to adapt to different environments, tactic, formations mentalities etc is diminished. Regardless of where they played....R9 was R9, Ronaldinho was dinho, Maldini was Maldini etc. Sure they would obviously have had more success with more support (hence Maldini won with his club and R9 won with his country)....but they never looked COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT as Messi does when he changes shirts. So, no, it's not all about titles...else there would be no room for George Weah, iBra, Yorke etc...who came from football minnows....but it's about performance

It's a pretty big indictment that in the WC 2014, Messi's goals dried up as soon as he left the group stage. His goals came against the much weaker sides in Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.... AS SOON as he faced the powerhouses or stronger teams, and was outside his Barca ecosystem, the goals dried up. One can make the argument that he was playing more withdrawn....but it doesn't change the fact that he went from scoring to not scoring as he did AGAIN with Chile

Which brings me to the final....the penalty miss was much needed haterade and troll fodder for me...but was smaller in the grand scheme...Argentina shouldn't need a massively superior team to beat fucking Chile. France, Germany, even a full strength Brazil...but Chile....nah That shit doesn't fly.

agreed

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
He doesn't look the same playing for Argentina because i) you don't watch Argentina play ii) Higuain

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
isn't messi of italian ancestry..like the other oriundo in NT

so he has ended argentina, now he can get an italian passport...play for azzurri

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
isn't messi of italian ancestry..like the other oriundo in NT

so he has ended argentina, now he can get an italian passport...play for azzurri

^ genius

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Won each + every league and some cups while getting semis in CL.
Flop ....
Meanwhile Carlo & co never flopped.... Molto goat.

Carlo has had his fair share of flops as well but he never went three straight years of missing a UCL final when he has a strong team like Guardiola.

Guardiola has a good starting team and a very good bench. No excuse for him not being able to reach the final.

Only Napoli fans dude

His release clause was lowered from 72 to 47mil sterlings

I remember a lot of people calling him goat because he capo this season

I remember people saying that too and saying he's the best striker ever in Serie A.

Fuck Higuain. Overrated choker who should never be called up again.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Messi's problem with Argentina comes from the fact that he was never the underdog in Barcelona. Not that Argentina are, but he can't feel the tension of losing when he always wins in Barcelona. National tournaments are more highstakes. And when Barca pretty much have to win something every season that shit doesn't translate into his brain. Overall I blame football for generally being mellow which also in turn due to the 3 same teams reaching the UCL semi's for the past good 5-6 years.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

hipster

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You didnt get the question ?!!!!!
I was about to ask you about Maldini when you included him in your list of goats.

So either you think Maldini or Baresi arent goats which make you stupid.
Or you think they are which make you a hypocrite since both had worse national career than Messi.

@Wild Baresi won the world cup so you r point applies to Maldini and not Baresi

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

yes young baresi was eating crips on the bench that entire tournament

there was too much merda & ladri in the azzuri back then, just like nowadays

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Glad somebody picked up on his error

Trying to diss Baresi

Blud this guy is the greatest defender of all time

He don't need no World Cup for that

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Only Napoli fans dude

His release clause was lowered from 72 to 47mil sterlings

I remember a lot of people calling him goat because he capo this season

U think he Goat for just being Capo :D:lol::lol::lol:

Bro he obliterated the goal scoring record which had stood for over 50 years and did it in fewer games

Don't be like the rest of these messi maggots

Higsy is single handedly pissing on serie a defences and that too with a team from the dirty south and not one of the major powerhouses

I remeber when he joined Napoli and some cules were like he won't even score 20 goals a season

Well FF 3 seasons and he's smashed the 100 goals mark :proud:

Absolutely love this guy and all he has done with Napoli. Wish him all the best in next years UCL

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
U think he Goat for just being Capo :D:lol::lol::lol:

Bro he obliterated the goal scoring record which had stood for over 50 years and did it in fewer games

Don't be like the rest of these messi maggots

Higsy is single handedly pissing on serie a defences and that too with a team from the dirty south and not one of the major powerhouses

I remeber when he joined Napoli and some cules were like he won't even score 20 goals a season

Well FF 3 seasons and he's smashed the 100 goals mark :proud:

Absolutely love this guy and all he has done with Napoli. Wish him all the best in next years UCL

eeuw....you absolutely love higuain

i can't stand him

since zizou & thuram, i don't think i liked anyone else from serie a except milan
maybe i'm forgetting some

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
eeuw....you absolutely love higuain

i can't stand him

since zizou & thuram, i don't think i liked anyone else from serie a except milan
maybe i'm forgetting some

I could never hate the true Goats

Doesn't matter which team they play for

Don't hate

Appreciate

Oh and don't forget Arg is the first team that I followed in football. So Higsy gets extra love :D

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I think you are really underestimating Chile. They are better than France and Brazil. Messi is one of the greatest. But I agree that barca formation and the way they play to his strength makes him look better than he actually is. Having said that I still dont know a player I would say yes overall he is better player. So he is the best ever overall and still overrated if that makes any sense

Dinho and R9 for sure. Those guys were genius improvisors.
Years ago, I rated R9's finish over Messi....but I think Messi's better now.
Messi can, almost at will chip the ball over the keeper at any angle....this is amazing and takes more control/skill than R9's slow low rollers into a corner of the goal.

R9 is still better with both feet, faster, stronger and has better scoring instincts.
Messi's playmaking instincts and passing however blow his out of the water.....Maybe only Dinho is better in terms of field and spatial awareness.

Dinho beats all at improvising....I could see him scoring a goal with his dick if he wanted to.

The reason why the comparison won't work for many and would seem absurd for some is that these guys spent considerably less time on top of the game....but that's also because neither really wanted to establish a legacy nearly as much as Messi and CR7 do.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Dinho and R9 for sure. Those guys were genius improvisors.
Years ago, I rated R9's finish over Messi....but I think Messi's better now.
Messi can, almost at will chip the ball over the keeper at any angle....this is amazing and takes more control/skill than R9's slow low rollers into a corner of the goal.

R9 is still better with both feet, faster, stronger and has better scoring instincts.
Messi's playmaking instincts and passing however blow his out of the water.....Maybe only Dinho is better in terms of field and spatial awareness.

Dinho beats all at improvising....I could see him scoring a goal with his dick if he wanted to.

The reason why the comparison won't work for many and would seem absurd for some is that these guys spent considerably less time on top of the game....but that's also because neither really wanted to establish a legacy nearly as much as Messi and CR7 do.

faster...on the ball? Better scoring instincts...?

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Messi's problem with Argentina comes from the fact that he was never the underdog in Barcelona. Not that Argentina are, but he can't feel the tension of losing when he always wins in Barcelona. National tournaments are more highstakes. And when Barca pretty much have to win something every season that shit doesn't translate into his brain. Overall I blame football for generally being mellow which also in turn due to the 3 same teams reaching the UCL semi's for the past good 5-6 years.

Messis problem with Argentina is god is punishing them for their past. Its really that simple. They are cursed and paying price for how they have treated black people in their history. expect more heartache

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messis problem with Argentina is god is punishing them for their past. Its really that simple. They are cursed and paying price for how they have treated black people in their history. expect more heartache

:thumbsup:
Also the fake handball goal. Could you IMAGINE the shitstorm that ANY superstar would have gotten in the era of social media for scoring with their hand in such a big tournament.

Apparently ....nobody has seen it fit to question how/why literally every South American team has black players except them :rolleyes:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Apparently ....nobody has seen it fit to question how/why literally every South American team has black players except them :rolleyes:

Wow.

This is some next level hate.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
3058366-9031087112-Jm0gA.gif

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
No way Messi isn't at the next World Cup for Argentina. He may be down now but he'll eventually find these loses as motivation to make a run in 2018.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I could never hate the true Goats

Doesn't matter which team they play for

Don't hate

Appreciate

Oh and don't forget Arg is the first team that I followed in football. So Higsy gets extra love :D

i fekkin hate zanetti, dybala, that prInter twat....

i remember batigoal, solari, sensini & veron argentina that was a good argentina

nowadays it's a tactical :fp:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate Zanetti as well.

But that 2002 Argentina team was good but it flopped hard. Especially Veron.

The 2006 team was better imo with Ayala, Sorin, Mascherano, Riquelme, and Crespo.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Crespo, Ayala, Sorin & Riquelme sure great geniusses

Veron before he went back to back to Italy

With Veron (+....) i was also refelcting to Masaro94's time when he was in his early 30's you know like in the 90's or somethin

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No way Messi isn't at the next World Cup for Argentina. He may be down now but he'll eventually find these loses as motivation to make a run in 2018.
Yeah I expect him to be playing World Cup 2018. This is an emotional response.
i fekkin hate zanetti, dybala, that prInter twat....

i remember batigoal, solari, sensini & veron argentina that was a good argentina

nowadays it's a tactical :fp:
What's wrong with Dybala?
Also those guys you listed, esp :star:Batigol:star: were a JOY to watch I'd like to add Crespo, Aimar and Gallardo:proud:
I hate Zanetti as well.

But that 2002 Argentina team was good but it flopped hard. Especially Veron.

The 2006 team was better imo with Ayala, Sorin, Mascherano, Riquelme, and Crespo.
2002 was the last likeable Argentina team

Crespo, Ayala, Sorin & Riquelme sure great geniusses

Veron before he went back to back to Italy

With Veron (+....) i was also refelcting to Masaro94's time when he was in his early 30's you know like in the 90's or somethin

:thumbsup:

Schedule