Week 12: Milan vs Juventus 11/11/2018 20:30 CET

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Higuain trained with the team today.

Higuain-Milan-Atalanta-800x0-c-default.webp

It's time to

Bs7lCFf.png

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Who's playing man on man defense w/ Ronaldo

Roman? Mussachio?

RR can handle Cuadrado. A little worried about our right side

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
I want an ugly victory over these Zebras
Andiamooooooo!!

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So its Donnarumma; RR - Romagnoli - Zapata; Laxalt - Bakayoko - Kessie - Borini; Cutrone - Higuain - Suso???

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Play to win please, no repeat of that Inter shit.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Don't expect us to win this at all. It will be like the other meetings against Juventus. Trying to defend for 90 minutes, pass between defenders trying to keep 0-0 but in the end Juventus win 3-0.

The match against Lazio after this game is more important to win. That one is so important not losing if we don't want to be too far away from Lazio.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Juventus fans think CR will rape Milan

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Who's playing man on man defense w/ Ronaldo

Roman? Mussachio?

RR can handle Cuadrado. A little worried about our right side

Drlk4CNWwAE6gEu.jpg

all in all pretty good line up considering ...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'd like us to play the 4-3-3, since Hakan seems ok to play? Or otherwise, even with Samu. Against Juventus, it's a great chance for Gattuso to try the fluid football that we were playing earlier in the season. Hardly anyone expects us to even get a point, so why not?

That football is possible only the way we played against Sassuolo, Olympiacos and Chievo. The 4-4-2 that got us points later on is a little more pragmatic without the aesthetically pleasing 3-men midfield short passes.

So I say we go more for the show than the pragmatism against Juventus..Since the pragmatism is not anywhere near guaranteed to get us points in this match.

And the fluid 4-3-3 with our newfound steel might actually be mature enough to take us to the next level now.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I'd like us to play the 4-3-3, since Hakan seems ok to play? Or otherwise, even with Samu. Against Juventus, it's a great chance for Gattuso to try the fluid football that we were playing earlier in the season. Hardly anyone expects us to even get a point, so why not?

That football is possible only the way we played against Sassuolo, Olympiacos and Chievo. The 4-4-2 that got us points later on is a little more pragmatic without the aesthetically pleasing 3-men midfield short passes.

So I say we go more for the show than the pragmatism against Juventus..Since the pragmatism is not anywhere near guaranteed to get us points in this match.

And the fluid 4-3-3 with our newfound steel might actually be mature enough to take us to the next level now.

So:
Gigio; Calabria, Zapata, Ale, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Laxalt; Suso, Higuain, Hakan/Samu

I agree that we were more fluid and played a lot more attractively with the 4-3-3. And it makes sense that we might as well go for broke because we are at a big disadvantage in this match due to the injury crisis.

However, my worry is Bakayoko who seems serviceable in a double pivot but suffers in any other formation. I don't think he would be able to cope. I also don't think we'd be able to play the kind of football from earlier this season without Biglia (or a new regista).

I'm also a bit concered about one of my new favourites Laxalt who was not in top form against Udinese and was pretty poor against Betis. Laxalt may find it harder playing as a mezzala.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Kessie gonna have to drop deeper to help with Cristiano/Mandzu. I sense Calabria/Abate will be destroyed, but I am hoping for the best. Samu will also have to drop deeper considering how shit our left side is. I don't predict an offensive match for us, just hoping Samu and Suso don't fuck up counters like they usually do.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
That gap between RB/RWB and RCB has been a problem all season so far. Even this past week Betis and Udinese exploited it but could not get shots on target, otherwise we may have lost both matches.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Very rough fixture for us....

Hoping for the best. Abate doesn't inspire any confidence.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
If we win this Rino deserves a statue.

I saw a line up recently that didn't look horrible.

Gigio
Calabria-Zapata-Romagnoli-RicRod
Suso-Kessie-Bakayoko-Laxalt
Higuain-Samu

This group can easily deliver a strong match. We're in fight stance anyhow.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think 442 is the way to go here considering injuries and Hakan not 100%, no point risking him. Just hope Kessie is fully fit since we'll definitely need him to be on point for this game.

A bit worried about Calabria/Zapata side of things as it seems to be our weak side. Then again, nobody expects us to take any points so lets show them!

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
The line up isn’t horrible and I’d argue that Samu could be more useful than Cutrone in this game. Cutrone doesn’t need many touches in this game to be effective, however i feel Samu has a real moment or two of brilliance in him.

I do have a couple of concerns over the predicted starting line up though.

- You’d have to think that Higuain and Kessie are both underdone in terms of fitness. There’s be no doubt in that. Playing two played underdone against a team like Juve could absolutely crucify you. Problem is we have no choice.

- Bakayoko and Kessie both lose the ball in dangerous areas, Juve can really destroy us here.

- Zapata hasn’t had a real brain fart yet, this is well and truly overdue.

- Hopefully Calabria starts over Abate.

I’m not expecting to take anything form Juve here but you never know. Hopefully we don’t have another deer in head lights moment like against Inter and actually try to attack.

Suso once again is key to our successs, if he can get Sandro on a string that’ll go a long way in getting something out of this game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The line up isn’t horrible and I’d argue that Samu could be more useful than Cutrone in this game. Cutrone doesn’t need many touches in this game to be effective, however i feel Samu has a real moment or two of brilliance in him.

- You’d have to think that Higuain and Kessie are both underdone in terms of fitness. There’s be no doubt in that. Playing two played underdone against a team like Juve could absolutely crucify you. Problem is we have no choice.

- Bakayoko and Kessie both lose the ball in dangerous areas, Juve can really destroy us here.

I’m not expecting to take anything form Juve here but you never know. Hopefully we don’t have another deer in head lights moment like against Inter and actually try to attack.

Suso once again is key to our successs, if he can get Sandro on a string that’ll go a long way in getting something out of this game.

Underdone?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Underdone?

It’s a term we use in Austrian football, means not up to 100% fitness. Probably shouldn’t have used that terminology.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It’s a term we use in Austrian football, means not up to 100% fitness. Probably shouldn’t have used that terminology.

Regardless, it's a point that they're not 100%, but we can't field an eleven of losers tomorrow.

We have to try to win this, and the beat Lazio as well. If we lose two in a row now I don't think we are able to get CL.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Great post. I agree about Castillejo - I have been very much encouraged by what I have seen so far. Keeping in mind he is still adapting to the league.

So far in the last four games we have managed to grind out results despite uneven performances. I hope we can dig deep for a positive result here.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
This Juventus is beatable as long as we stay compact..

at the end of the day Allegri is coaching them :lol:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

i'd play abate over calabria any day of the week versus juventus. Calabria clearly lacks experience against big teams, which is one of the most important things in this game, we lack quality against them, so we need to compensate somewhere else.. don't underestimate the power of experience.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
I'd be really surprised if Gattuso doesn't park the bus.

Then in the post match press conference he'll say we need to play with less fear.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So:
Gigio; Calabria, Zapata, Ale, RR; Kessie, Bakayoko, Laxalt; Suso, Higuain, Hakan/Samu

I agree that we were more fluid and played a lot more attractively with the 4-3-3. And it makes sense that we might as well go for broke because we are at a big disadvantage in this match due to the injury crisis.

However, my worry is Bakayoko who seems serviceable in a double pivot but suffers in any other formation. I don't think he would be able to cope. I also don't think we'd be able to play the kind of football from earlier this season without Biglia (or a new regista).

I'm also a bit concered about one of my new favourites Laxalt who was not in top form against Udinese and was pretty poor against Betis. Laxalt may find it harder playing as a mezzala.

Laxalt as a mezz'ala is my worry as well. He doesn't have Bonaventura's capability to run into space at the right time. On the other hand, he could go wide while RicRod runs into central areas while attacking. Lines him up for a shot.

Bakayoko, I'm not worried about. He has put in 3 good performances on the trot. Betis was his toughest test in terms of the number of smooth passing players in their midfield, and he did very well. He clearly does better when he has more space between his teammates as in a 2-man midfield. With narrower spaces, he doesn't have the smooth technique that's required for shorter passes while moving up the ball. But as Gattuso said, he brings in the element of winning high balls, so that's one other dimension. I dunno, I see the potential problems, but I'm confident in Bakayoko.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I'd be really surprised if Gattuso doesn't park the bus.

Then in the post match press conference he'll say we need to play with less fear.

Please troll in the commode. Not the match thread

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
unfortunately it will be a draw. because we really should be winning this one. :(

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Laxalt as a mezz'ala is my worry as well. He doesn't have Bonaventura's capability to run into space at the right time. On the other hand, he could go wide while RicRod runs into central areas while attacking. Lines him up for a shot.

Bakayoko, I'm not worried about. He has put in 3 good performances on the trot. Betis was his toughest test in terms of the number of smooth passing players in their midfield, and he did very well. He clearly does better when he has more space between his teammates as in a 2-man midfield. With narrower spaces, he doesn't have the smooth technique that's required for shorter passes while moving up the ball. But as Gattuso said, he brings in the element of winning high balls, so that's one other dimension. I dunno, I see the potential problems, but I'm confident in Bakayoko.

:thumbsup: Seems to make sense that Gattuso could use Laxalt and RR that way. With a packed San Siro behind them, I'm hopeful the boys will pull it off, Bakayoko included.

I'm also hoping Juventus are shaken because of their midweek loss. Maybe a loss on Sunday night will give them something further to think about in terms of their whole season.

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I just want higuain to score and I know it's gonna be a tough match with injuries and what not but I'm optimistic and hoping for a tough fight from the boys.

Forza Milan.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
According to CM Bonucci might not be playing tonight and Benatia is starting instead.

I wonder what that is all about.