Marcel Desailly thread

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why did Desailly leave Milan? I think when Milan was struggling he just couldn't take it and left with some harsh words towards the club. Is that right?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
He did want to play with Gullit, but it wasn't because he liked him at Milan. Gullit and Desailly were on the same Milan team for a month in 94 when Gullit returned from Sampdoria, but of course another Capello incident would see him off for good. Keep in mind, Chelsea were to start their Ken Bates revolution and Desailly was one of the prize catches. Regardless of what some may say.....I think the English venture resurrected his career......In Italy, he would have had more difficulty performing. This of course is just my opinion, but I know people have seen some Desailly performances for the London club the last few years, and wonder why Milan rid themselves of him.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
desailly was never seen and hardly ever fielded as a pure defender at milan: a defending midfielder rather ('the wall' or 'the rock' were is his nicks back then) ... milan let him leave for chelsea - in the scenario donnie perfectly described - because deep down he didn't really fit in zac's plans for either midfield and defense

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
what about patrick viera, patrick kluivert, why were they sold? for edgar david's i know that he was undiciplened at milan and milan decided to sell him to juve. is that right?

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
and what about fabio capello and arrigo sacci did milan sack them or they did not wanted to renew their contract's with the club. anyone knows?

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Well there sure are many unanswered questions in Milan over the last couple of years..Yeah, and I start wondering why the he** we got rid of Sacchi and Capello...Same thing is with some of our players, which were big talents all at that time, like Davids, Vieira, Kluivert, Locatelli and so on...I still think that we should have kept Coco and several others youth products as well as Fatih Terim, excellent coach. He wasnt given enough time to really show us what great coach he really is.
But then I ask myself, why the **** is Ancelotti given all this time.. To be honest I really doubt in his abilities as a coach for a European giant like we are :conf: He really cant put in a good performace against the weaker teams..

While Juve smash the lower teams.. And thats the primary reason why they keep on winning the Scudetto..Another important fact is that Juve always build solid teams, and they always keep theire most important players which really fit in the "Juve-system", but at the same time they somehow always manage to sell some of theire biggest stars and still posses as much quality as they had when the star(s) played...Just take a look at Juve over the last few years; they have managed to sell stars like Ravanelli,Vialli,Di Livio,Torricelli,Peruzzi,Zidane and so on, but they still remain strong! And they always find these typical "Juve-style" players which are untouchable in theire system...I think these 2 factors are the main reasons why Juve has been dominating over us in the last couple of years. I meen; take a look at Juves squad, They have MANY players which already have played several years in Juve; Montero,Ferrara,Iuliano,Pessotto,Conte,Tacchinardi and Del Piero, then take a look at Milan, the only players which have played for several years in our beloved Milan is Abbiati, Maldini, Costacurta and Ambrosini...
The only "bigger" mistake I can remember that Juve have done over the last few years is the sale of Henry to Arsenal.. Otherwise it simply was genuis to sell Zizou and buy Nedved and Gigi Buffon for the money they earned on Zizou...

Juve really has an awesome transfer policy and I think that Berlusconi has lots to learn from his colleagues in Torino..!
No one puts it better then Metallica; Sad but true... :head:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
makaveli said:
and what about fabio capello and arrigo sacci did milan sack them or they did not wanted to renew their contract's with the club. anyone knows?

Sacchi left to coach the Italian squadra. He probably didn't notice too much change as half of the squadra at that time were featured Rossoneri players (Baresi, Maldini, Donadoni, Massarro, ect...)

Capello.....You know....I can't really recall exactly what happened there, but Capello did leave Milan and eventually ended up coaching Real Madrid (winning La Liga one time as well). I recall Fabio "Hair" having plenty of run-ins with players, but I can't recall if he bumped heads with anyone above him.

Vieria was a young an unproven midfielder, who IN MY OPINION benefited from going to play in England. I am not saying Vieria can't play in Italy, but the physical style of their game makes him a more attractive player and it has aided his growth. I have a feeling his true potential never would have materialized at Milan.

I can safely say Kliuvert was an utter disappointment when he was with Milan. Keep in mind, Kliuvert came to Milan as the young striker who netted vs us to win Ajax their first CL trophy in almost 20 years. Big things were expected of this lad when he arrived, and the Italian game did not seem to present the space to him that the Dutch game and eventually the Spanish one would. Ask Rivaldo about what I am talking about. ;)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Velež Mostar, you said it all.
I totally agree with you, especially about
our coach

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I really started to like Terim's style of game.
We need simillar coach for this All Star squad that we have.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
sacchi (1st time - 1991) went to coach italy also because after 5 years the relationship with players, mostly van basten, was worn out; the second time he just came to replace tabarez after elimination at cl first round in 1996 but he was already kinda of an ex coach in his own mind

capello left milan in 1996 (after winning 4 scudetti in 5 seasons) cos he didn't accept milan's offer to link renewal to results (he wanted a 3 year contract instead) so he found it easy to challenge himself with the attempt to try winning somewhere else: real madrid; then he came back after a year (the unfortunate 1996/1997 tabarez-sacchi season) but it wasn't a nice come back: baresi had just retired, the newbies proved themselves to be complete flukes (kluivert, bogarde, reizinger, davids, ziege) and milan got its worst placement (i guess 10th) of berlusconi's era, so at the end of the season the rapport just ended (i guess with some not so concealed bitterness on his side)

selling viera was probably a mistake, seeing it from now, but i agree with donnie's comment about his career in uk and what could have been here; kluivert was a real embarrassement ... after a few months the whole stadium would just boo at his mere appearance notwithstading the anticipation characterizing his arrival + he had to respond to dutch authorities for being involved in killing a woman (?) while (careless) driving; the rumour is davids was sent away for hitting :head: costacurta (apparently in a gf issue) ... he is a d*ckhead anyway and was redcarded every other match (unlike with juve ... wonder why)

hope the above may be of some use for some ;)

velez mostar, a couple of questions:
- on what basis would you rate terim an excellent coach? certainly not on results, so poor they have been so far outside turkey ... where he allegedly keeps embarrassing links with questionable environments ... thanks god he was fired before creating damage ... only a d*ckhead as ziofester could have hired him in the first place :o
- u complain about milan's lack of transfer policy, unlike juve's example, and then you complain that in my club there are only few old time players ... this seems rather inconsistent to me :o
- i take it di livio and torricelli are *stars* by your standards ... de gustibus non disputandum est :head: ;)
- maybe ancelotti, like it or not, has won 1 champions league, 1 coppa italia and 1 european supercup and always placed in the first 4 in the league (currently leading the table) in two years (exactly yesterday) ... maybe that's why he is *given time* (which is btw within his contract term ;) ) ... maybe he also understands about football a little bit more than some (luckily few) happen to think
- about the difference between milan's and juve's managing system ... i think it is really off topic here (desailly, remember?) so we might discuss it somewhere else ... just a question: do you really think berlusconi wouldn't have milan run in a different way if that suited him? :head:
- one last thing: i didn't feel dominated by juve last year ... especially on may 28 :devil2: ... go ask them ;)

pride

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Grazie mille amico. ;)

unrossonero always proves to be the voice of reason.

I didn't bother commenting on some of the remarks made by velez mostar, simply because I knew our Milano correspondent would. But once again......my memory is better off having heard it from a hometown Milanista. ;)

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
When he was at Chelsea, I remember when Desailly came into my work once and everyone was following him around like he was the Pied Piper tryin to get autograph.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
'92 CL final

his goal

from that moment on I was definetly in love with Milan

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
i was 6 years old when i first heard his name :eek:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Almost after 10 years of silent.

Its a little bit shocking, I wonder what happened to all those user's posting from since then?

Basically when they were posting they used to look at me like how we look at Jammin :D

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
tumblr_nmbgapZLfD1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nklforfBfM1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngn0cnFB5I1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbyoxq3oif1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n622ctobcB1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0tgo4GKMP1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz63e2x6eH1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mymoalUDPY1r90nv2o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_my3bm0Oo4P1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvtntmehRD1r90nv2o1_r1_1280.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Joyeux anniversaire, Marcel Desailly!