Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Im 50 minutes in the new UFC 135 and have to say i fast forward a lot till now.First fight was really one sided and not really fun,and the next two are four fatties,hope it gets more interesting.

Edit : shit third fight also,no physical condition whatsoever.At least there was some blood,still no k.o so far.

4th fight :

Matt Hughes vs Koscheck.This should be awesome!

Now thats a fucking fight!!Winning in the last second of the first round with a really great KO from Koscheck,does hammerfists totally destroyed Hughes who btw i was rooting for :(

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Jones vs Rampage was SPECTACULAR .Jones is truly amazing,he humiliated Rampage and im glad he did,cause he was such stupid cunt before the match ,with all the smack talking :lol::lol::lol:

Loved how he just made fun of him all match long,the way he started with that cougard or something stance,then all the mortal kombat moves ,then we he picked him up and trowed him over his shoulders :lol::lol::lol:

JONES:star::star::star::star::star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
meh event, nothing spectacular at all. I'm sad that douche bag Jones won, but he's good, I give him that. Let's see what he can do vs Rashad.

Rampage :(

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
meh event, nothing spectacular at all. I'm sad that douche bag Jones won, but he's good, I give him that. Let's see what he can do vs Rashad.

Rampage :(

How do u figure his a douche bag?If anything rampage was the cunt with all the talk ,the guy kept his mouth shut and let his fists and feet do the talking.

And the fight was spectacular,well i guess if ur a Rampage fun its not since he got his ass handed to him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
he didn't talk? are you sure or was it just that you didn't read it?

he's a little prick, thinks he's god's gift to humanity. I'm not hating, he's an awesome fighter and he's worth his place.

But I really hope Machida fucks him up someday. Or maybe even Cain/dos santos some day.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Is this shit going live right now ?
I just saw Mizugaki just won.
And Jones seems like a young Silva.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
no, the event took place circa 15-20 hours ago.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
yeah, somewhere around there. Except when the event is held in Europe (happens 2-3 times a year).

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So how this stuff work ?
Dont get me wrong I like UFC but never really followed it properly.
So more than one event take place every year hence the UFC 135 & next is UFC 136 & so ?!!!!!
Also now they are showing some candidate to join as new comers , some good fights there that are ending from the first round.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There's 1-2 events every month.
So every 1 month or so there is a night to fight like the last one UFC 135 ?

I don't understand the last sentence of your post.
I was talking about the ultimate fighter.
Its like they bring new guys & train them before letting them fight.
Do this kids get a chance to fight in UFC ?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So every 1 month or so there is a night to fight like the last one UFC 135 ?

Yes.

I was talking about the ultimate fighter.
Its like they bring new guys & train them before letting them fight.
Do this kids get a chance to fight in UFC ?

The ultimate fighter is a reality show, and the winner gets a UFC contract. And of those who don't win, the one's that showed more talent maybe gets a change. But we're talking on a very low level in UFC and no where near title contention.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thanks a lot.....
I checked the website & seems the upcoming events are :

Saturday, October 1 : UFC LIVE 6 - Cruz vs. Johnson

Saturday, October 8 : UFC® 136 - EDGAR vs. MAYNARD III

Saturday, October 29 : UFC® 137 - St-Pierre vs. Condit

Is this how you follow the events ?
And why is there UFCs & then only one game like in Cruz VS. Johnson ?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thanks a lot.....
I checked the website & seems the upcoming events are :

Saturday, October 1 : UFC LIVE 6 - Cruz vs. Johnson

Saturday, October 8 : UFC® 136 - EDGAR vs. MAYNARD III

Saturday, October 29 : UFC® 137 - St-Pierre vs. Condit

Is this how you follow the events ?
And why is there UFCs & then only one game like in Cruz VS. Johnson ?

Yeah this is how I follow the events.

It's not just one game, the Cruz vs Johnson is the main event of that night. There will be around 10 more fight. The main event is the last fight of the evening.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah but why Cruz vs Johnson isnt titled UFC # like the other two ?

oh yeah, there are two kinds of UFC events. I don't know how to explain the difference, it's the same competition.

I guess less known fighters fights in the "Live" events. And i think it's on cable and not pay per view like the evens with #

nice hockey mom :D

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
I was glad to see Rampage lose. The dude is a disgrace to UFC. His behavior makes the sport look like Pro Wrestling. Brock Lesnar gave up the fake stuff for UFC... Rampage needs to leave UFC for Pro Wrestling.

Edit: Holy crap. I just found out that he is actually open to the idea of being a Pro Wrestler: http://youtu.be/kGYRpVS4I6s

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was glad to see Rampage lose. The dude is a disgrace to UFC. His behavior makes the sport look like Pro Wrestling. Brock Lesnar gave up the fake stuff for UFC... Rampage needs to leave UFC for Pro Wrestling.

Edit: Holy crap. I just found out that he is actually open to the idea of being a Pro Wrestler: http://youtu.be/kGYRpVS4I6s

Yup,total cunt.

@ Wild: watch the UFC that are not title live ones.Does are the best.Just check the dates when there going to happen,and download them the day after.

I cant wait for Cruz vs. Johnson,Cruz is my favorite fighter,his so random ,his going to destroy Johnson.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cruz vs Johnson was awesome!Im really surprised by mighty mouse that he managed to keep up with Cruz,especially getting out of a few chokes.

But this match was a perfect example why Cruz is the champion.Mouse trained to match him for pace,and he did brilliantly but Cruz just changed his tactics to judo/wrestling and took him down over and over again.This guy is so random ,u cant train for him,every time someone trains for something he does best,he just changes it up and out classes you.

Loved that there both classy,no smack talk,begging of last round they touched gloves,interviews after etc.

Cruz :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
yup, Cruz is awesome.

I liked it after the fight when Rogan asked him about future opponents and he said "Bring them, we're making history here..."

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Dan Henderson and Shogun Rua are fighting in my area. Tickets are expensive...

I'm 50/50 on going. Obviously want to, but the cost factor to sit anywhere decent (Huge arena)

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's no fight I'm looking forward to more than the fight between Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez! Fight of the year definitely.

Two best heavyweights on the planet right now.

:thumbsup::eek:

20110920062825_IMG_0816.JPG

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

omg YES!!!

this is going to be fucking EPIC!! love them both, can't decide between which one of them I want as champ. But what I do know is that I want Jones (it'll happen, just a question of when... I'm guessing when he's cleaned up the division) to move up to heavyweight so that these guys can fuck him up royally.

In the mean time: the third and last (?) Edgar vs. Maynard fight next week. WAR Edgar, one of my favs in the UFC. Fell in love with him during the first round in the last fight against Maynard when he was all but knocked out, to come back and finish very strong in the next 4 rounds. IMO he won that fight, but like Dana always says: "don't leave it in the hands of the judges".

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yup, Cruz is awesome.

I liked it after the fight when Rogan asked him about future opponents and he said "Bring them, we're making history here..."

Yeah that was awesome.His career is/will be LEGEND..WAIT FOR IT..DARY :D

This is the stuff you only see/hear about in movies.:eek:

P.S: who are does two guys?I know the one of the left,but cant remember his name.I dont really watch heavy weights.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
P.S: who are does two guys?I know the one of the left,but cant remember his name.I dont really watch heavy weights.

It's Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos.

OneUnited

Reaction score
But what I do know is that I want Jones (it'll happen, just a question of when... I'm guessing when he's cleaned up the division) to move up to heavyweight so that these guys can fuck him up royally

Considering he possess all of the natural talent required to dominate in his discipline, he's so far proven amateurish away from competition. The hype surrounding him is becoming increasingly tedious, justified or not. Whilst impressive, I'm not yet inclined to go overboard, and most certainly not to place him ahead of Silva as the pound for pound best like one pundit claimed would soon happen.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Considering he possess all of the natural talent required to dominate in his discipline, he's so far proven amateurish away from competition. The hype surrounding him is becoming increasingly tedious, justified or not. Whilst impressive, I'm not yet inclined to go overboard, and most certainly not to place him ahead of Silva as the pound for pound best like one pundit claimed would soon happen.

Jon Jones is the man.

jones_obrien.jpg

But Ill tell you WHY Jon Jones gets all the hype he does....

He is considered by most americans the first legitimate 'athlete' to make it in MMA and has a lot of crossover appeal. He has basketball and american football level athleticism. He could easily play in the NFL as a WR if he wanted. I don't know who good a basketball player he is (more skill involved like futbol, obviously) but he can rum, jump, more and dunk like NBA players.

You all know the stereotype of MMA and fighting, deserved or undeserved. It's slowly changing but point stands. That's a big deal in american media (who is who you are probably referring to)

Then you add to it
a) He's very young with a lot of potential (how often is potential mistaken for greatness in every sport?). His mix of physical tools, fighting intelligence are scary.
b) He's from NY
c) He's marketable and knows it

He's a far cry from old skool Chuck Lidell MMA image.

Funny story on Chuck, he's my friend's good family friend. They live in slo. Heard so many Chuck stories over the years :lol:

Last edited:

Schedule