Riccardo Saponara Thread

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
that may indeed be a good sign. young prospects who have had wiki pages before, who we were linked too, we never signed. about saponara though. His running and the way he moves reminds me of kaka' and honestly from the vid his runs tended to be almost in the same position that kaka' would have started to make his runs. (in the counter attacking situations i mean). he does have nice ball control, he knows a trick or two, but more importantly his play seems to not be dependent on those flashy tricks, and more on his speed and ball control. finish looks good for a 21-year old serie b player. but i mean. all this is just from one video on yt. so....yea i wont hold my breath.

not shooting him down. just hoping i'll never even have to think about aiming.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
nice goal..saponara Empoli 1 - 1 Hellas Verona SERIE B SEASON 2012-13
Week 21

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson

the way you move........

the way you fall.........

damn kid, you successfully remind me of the golden boy Kaka'.... :proud::proud:

you have his elegance... :proud:

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Saponara: "I won't celebrate my transfer to Milan tonight, but tomorrow I will invite people out for dinner
Saponara: "My father told me that when he heard that I had joined Milan, he couldn't even get up from the couch
Saponara: "My father was the first person that I called after I heard that I had joined Milan."
Saponara: "I feel a great sense of responsibility after this transfer. Now I just want to finish the season with Empoli in the best way."
Saponara: "Joining Milan is a great dream come true for me. It means that all the sacrifices have been worth it
Saponara: "I read the news about Milan having signed me and I couldn’t believe it. I immediately started crying out of joy."
Saponara: "I can’t believe it that I’m actually joining Milan. I had just finished training and then my teammates congratulated me."

Looks like kid is having his dream come true... very glad for him :proud: Hope he becomes important figure at Milan in the future!

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Looks like kid is having his dream come true... very glad for him :proud: Hope he becomes important figure at Milan in the future!

Agreed. I can't speak to his ability as I don't know if I've ever actually seen him play, but he seems like a likable person and someone for whom I want to root and cheer independent of him being a player on my favorite team.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like a great deal.:thumbsup:

I just hope he can actually play in the center or right. From the highlights he does his best on the left. And im not all that enthisiastic over inverted wingers.

Lets hope he tuns out like sharawi.........just on a different position of course.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Seems like a great deal.:thumbsup:

I just hope he can actually play in the center or right. From the highlights he does his best on the left. And im not all that enthisiastic over inverted wingers.

Lets hope he tuns out like sharawi.........just on a different position of course.

Agreed, I remember people saying El Shaarawy could play trequarista and we know that was never proven. Hopefully he is comfortable on the right wing like people are saying.

I think he can become a good player for us if he is given time :thumbsup:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Agreed, I remember people saying El Shaarawy could play trequarista and we know that was never proven. Hopefully he is comfortable on the right wing like people are saying.

I think he can become a good player for us if he is given time :thumbsup:

When Ses went to Padova it was as an AM it was only when half way thru the season that they switched to a 433 and he went to the left, that his career tokk off there

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
definetly better than urby if played as AM and perhaps boateng, after all he's young and italian. But with his age dont expect immediate impact, berlusconi try to build a new young team, let see in 2 years...

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Good signing, can't wait to see him with us in the summer! :)

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
“For me, Milan are football and Kaka has always been my idol. I couldn’t ask for more, this is a dream.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Really nice to hear a player ecstatic about joining milan. The way it should be :D

I dont think we should hype him before a game. SES didnt get nearly this attention, and it has worked out fantastically, just the same as Niang.
He hasnt even played a game yet.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still not official?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Still not official?

end of this week or next week...still it's transfer for next season

not really special for now because, we need to improve for the 2nd half of the season but our management don't get it yet

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
He'll at least have a medical at Milanello tomorrow, after Pato's medical in Brazil, according to Galliani.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting for Pato medicals (and money?) and then comes in the summer.

:thumbsup:

end of this week or next week...still it's transfer for next season

not really special for now because, we need to improve for the 2nd half of the season but our management don't get it yet

It's a deal for the future

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well....right now i am going to believe that him saying that kaka' is his idol is indeed a good sign. because it's the same thing el sharaawy said when he was signing for us. and el sharaawy is turning out quite fine. thank you kaka'. the true, original, legendary #22. you left us a legacy and you're still a footballer today bearing witness to many following in your path.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Good point.

This should show the management how important it is to invest in players who can be role models instead of going for the easy option of trying to just fix rejected talents.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
Good point.

This should show the management how important it is to invest in players who can be role models instead of going for the easy option of trying to just fix rejected talents.

im almost certain that the management knows which players to get. the only problem is that they dont have any money and they are more interested in bleeding this club dry so that silvio can put money back in his pockets.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
well....right now i am going to believe that him saying that kaka' is his idol is indeed a good sign. because it's the same thing el sharaawy said when he was signing for us. and el sharaawy is turning out quite fine. thank you kaka'. the true, original, legendary #22. you left us a legacy and you're still a footballer today bearing witness to many following in your path.

iirc Pato said the same thing too :o

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Ronaldo was Pato's main idol, so that's invalid.

But it makes sense as i didn't either made it as my idol was Ronaldo.

#DoNotIdolizeRonaldo #BadLuck #WillAlwaysBeLetDown

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Kaka is el shaarawys idol and every Italian defenders idol is nesta or maldini. What's your point?

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez

My idol is Inzaghi... do I have a chance to play on Milan next year?

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
how much we pay for him?

We have paid €3.75m + €0.25m in bonuses for him. Parma own the other 50%, which they bought last summer for €1.7m from Empoli.
Saponara completed the mandatory medical tests this morning at the hospital in Busto Arsizio, and he is currently at Milanello for the second part of the medical tests.
He will play the rest of the season for Empoli and then join Milan in the summer. The contract will be until 2018 and he will earn €350.000 per year.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have paid €3.75m + €0.25m in bonuses for him. Parma own the other 50%, which they bought last summer for €1.7m from Empoli.
Saponara completed the mandatory medical tests this morning at the hospital in Busto Arsizio, and he is currently at Milanello for the second part of the medical tests.
He will play the rest of the season for Empoli and then join Milan in the summer. The contract will be until 2018 and he will earn €350.000 per year.

very good if true. after all, he's coming from serie b. hope he does well for the rest of the season. and then continue that with us next season.

153335480ML034_AS_Varese_v_-480x300.jpg

niice.

Schedule