The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Heard so much about bonucci, so far he has not impressed me.

But let`s give him time.

Let`s give everybody time!

so, you didn't know about Bonucci before? :lol:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so, you didn't know about Bonucci before? :lol:

Hehe, i heard of him. But i don`t watch juve and i don`t watch italy national

team. I`ve seen him play only a couple of times and did not pay any special

attention to him.

So my actual knowledge of the player is very limited.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Fifa gameplay is like an arcade game in comparison to PES

thats the opinion of the 750k compared to the 15 million fan boys

ffs PES gameplay hasnt changed since Winning eleven 4

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Those who keep harping on about having an Italian core :fp:

ur even more deluded than i thought if you think that is ever going to change :fp:

why dont you go support inter bruh..

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
When I started following Milan Italian football was at its peak.... Italian teams were making it to finals of all 3 European competitions..and the azzurri was one of the top teams on the world stage

Right now Italian football is in the shitter.... Hence why there is a lack of quality in the Italian NT.

Their loss to Spain few weeks back was embarrassing.... A repeat of the 2012 final :fp:

It certainly isn't at the level of Spain and Germany when it comes to the national team, and there is generally a deficit of talent in key areas. But I would argue that even when Italy won its last World Cup the team was only above average and cohesive. It wasn't a spectacular team in any way. 2002 Italy was much better in theory.

The real achievement of Italian football when it comes to international competitions isn't laying down years of success (like France 1998/2000 or Spain 2008/10/12), but rather being competitive more often than not. For example, Italy played the Final in 2012 and were demolished by a much better team. But they played the Final. They were there or thereabouts. In 2016, they beat Spain pretty convincingly despite having no player in the midfield who could hold the ball, and came within inches of beating Germany. In 2010 and 2014, of course, they collapsed completely.

Gli Azzurri have surged at different moments. In 1982 they caught fire and went all the way. In 2006, they came together despite the football falling apart at home. Even during the years you characterize as Italy's strong years, they reached the Final only once after 1982 and before 2006.

But what have other national teams done in the last 10-12 years (apart from Germany and Spain)? France have done nothing. Since 2002, neither have Brazil in the WC. And England...well...didn't qualify in 2008, shit the bed in 2014, have been beaten twice by Italy (2012, 14) and...Iceland.

As for club football, yes, there is a lot of work to be done. No one can deny that. Inter, Fio/Napoli (EL), and Juve apart Italian football has done little in Europe in the last 7 years.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
fifa is the Man Utd of computer games then, eh.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
last time boban watched football was in 2002 ...

he doesnt know that italian teams dont buy superstars anymore but rather make them

with a few exceptions ofc

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who was it again that hated Kalinic and bet he wouldn't score more then 5 goals this season? Should of had a hat trick yesterday in his first full 90 minutes of a league game.

He who must not be named is no longer with us. If his name is said out loud, it is said that he may come back so please refrain from doing so

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They're both going to be useful in different ways depending on the opponent, in my opinion. But in terms of key passes and reading the game, I think Hakan has the upper hand.
What Jack has going for him is flair and unpredictability.

Agreed, but Calhanoglu is miles better at passing, vision and creating chances.

I like both players, but if it was one or the other I would choose Calhanoglu. Even defensively he's been putting in more effort

GeorgeWeahJnr

Primavera
Reaction score
Why would we sell jack?
For money? We're china now.
he's a great versatile rotational player even if he's not 1st choice.
Hakan played one good game and we're ready to ship out our best player from last year who's coming back from injury and adjusting to a new system. Fuck me.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yes we all should agree on that because he played a good game against farmers team :fp:

Or just because it's clear as day. guy has 5 years on Bona and is clearly more talented, only thing Bona is better at is dribbling and thats it.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan won’t finish top four’

No secret Mino Raiola is not on good terms with AC Milan executives, especially the rossoneri director of football Massimiliano Mirabelli. The Italian agent has already revealed that he doesn’t believe in the project of the diavoli and Raiola’s brother Enzo has pretty much confirmed Mino’s view.

Enzo is also a football players’ agent and he is the formal representatives of some of Mino’s clients.

Talking to Areanapoli.it, Enzo Raiola said he doesn’t believe AC Milan finish top four this season.

“I like Napoli but I honestly think Juventus are still ahead. Inter play no European games during the week and that could be an advantage for them. I think the actual table reflects the value of clubs. I think Juve, Napoli, Inter and Roma. If I’d think with my heard I’d say Napoli will finish first.

AC Milan spent over € 220 million last summer to acquire 11 new players. The rossoneri also managed to reach an agreement for the contract extension of Raiola's client Gigio Donnarumma who is now on a € 6 million-a-year at the San Siro.
Go To Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously what is the logic of this guy?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan boss Vincenzo Montella has confirmed that Andre Silva will start for the Rossoneri when they take on SPAL at San Siro on Wednesday night.

Milan currently sit in fifth position in the Serie A standings having won three of their first four league games, and will be looking to make it 12 points out of 15.

Andre Silva was dropped to the bench by Montella in Sunday’s win over Udinese, despite the Portugal international scoring a hat-trick the previous Thursday in the Europa League win over Austria Wien.

“Silva was involved on Sunday, he felt the win even if he didn’t play,” Montella said in his pre-match Press conference.

“Today the only certainty in terms of who will start is him. Now I’m considering the second player who could play tomorrow, there could even be a midfielder in behind him.

“We’re on the way to defining a structure, but there won’t be a definitive team. In a squad you need everyone.

“You can’t neglect a player for months and then expect them to integrate right away. Every player will be considered, and that’s what will make the difference for the squad in the long term.

The coach also spoke about the role of Hakan Calhanoglu, another man who was reduced to the substitutes’ bench after a good performance against Wien.

“[Hakan] Calhanoglu is an attacking midfielder, he has been and will be great for the forwards. He gives us an important directness.

“He and [Giacomo] Bonaventura can play together, and Calhanoglu can play further forward in this system.

“In any team, internal competitiveness is crucial, first they [the squad] have to accept it’s better for them and for the Coach.

“We have the ability to alternate players in terms of their features, or their physicality. We need freshness, especially among the strikers.”

SPAL may have just come up from Serie B, but Montella is not expecting an easy game on Wednesday night.

“It’s a match which will be resolved by individual players, with shots from outside the box and winning the 50-50s in midfield, of which there will be many.

“They’re a very organised team, a complete team given their size. We need to be mentally prepared, understand the kind of game it’ll be and not be frenzied.

“I have a wonderful relationship with Leonardo [Semplici], he often comes to our training and I’m delighted to see him again in Serie A.

“I have to compliment him, they deserved their promotions. They’re a team who are very organised and compact and really difficult to play against, which they’ve shown.”

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score

you havent played last 3 (including this years)

Last year I bought FIfa because they tricked me with that gay ass Alex Hunter, that was such a piece of shit game mode. When playing PES you feel like you're playing a real game of football. The main factor in sales is the EPL license and fifa is more commercialized thanks to their unbeatable budget.

how many of those sales come from the US by the way?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The agent of AC Milan fullback Davide Calabria has revealed the interest of Premier League clubs.

The young defender, admits Gianni Vitali, attracted several offers over the summer.

He told TMW: "I have received several calls for him, from different countries, even from the Premier League.

"Firm bids never came, because Milan has always blocked it, Huddersfield and Brighton follow him.

"Torino also made a phone call ... after the sale of (Davide) Zappacosta."

Manchester United are keeping tabs on young Roma striker Mirko Antonucci.

TMW says the 18 year-old is one of Roma's hottest young talents.

The Italy youth international is yet to make a first-team appearance for the Rome club.

Along with United, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Lazio are all eyeing the player.

United could open contract talks with Antonucci in January, with a free transfer in mind for the summer.

They would have to pay Roma a compensation fee as he is under the age of 24.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hehe, i heard of him. But i don`t watch juve and i don`t watch italy national

team. I`ve seen him play only a couple of times and did not pay any special

attention to him.

So my actual knowledge of the player is very limited.

He's been top 2 cb in the world for a couple of years now.

Keep in mind he's coming from a well oiled machine like Juve where everyone knows their position, and now he has to lead (distracting) 4 new team members.

You can see he's always talking to Musacchio and Romagnoli.

I don't think he's playing bad, but we will see him at his usual levels soon I believe.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
`

So Despacito is the best song ever? Popular ≠ better.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan won’t finish top four’

No secret Mino Raiola is not on good terms with AC Milan executives, especially the rossoneri director of football Massimiliano Mirabelli. The Italian agent has already revealed that he doesn’t believe in the project of the diavoli and Raiola’s brother Enzo has pretty much confirmed Mino’s view.

Enzo is also a football players’ agent and he is the formal representatives of some of Mino’s clients.

Talking to Areanapoli.it, Enzo Raiola said he doesn’t believe AC Milan finish top four this season.

“I like Napoli but I honestly think Juventus are still ahead. Inter play no European games during the week and that could be an advantage for them. I think the actual table reflects the value of clubs. I think Juve, Napoli, Inter and Roma. If I’d think with my heard I’d say Napoli will finish first.

AC Milan spent over € 220 million last summer to acquire 11 new players. The rossoneri also managed to reach an agreement for the contract extension of Raiola's client Gigio Donnarumma who is now on a € 6 million-a-year at the San Siro.
Go To Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously what is the logic of this guy?

Competition is tough. I like to hear doubters. Should be nailed in the dressing room.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm starting to like the rotation. It keeps everyone on their toes and keeps players fit in case of injuries.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Why are some reacting to the suggestion of selling bonaventura to reinforce the midfield with someone who is actually a midfielder with the right characteristics needed for the role as if it was a sin worthy of capital punishment?

1. gotta be pragmatic sometimes. no one is questioning Bonaventura's talent. it's just a matter of fit. i think (hope) we definitively embraced the 3 5 2 (with some variation of it).
where does he fit? the type of midfielder needed to make the midfield 3 function with fluidity is not Bonaventura. with Biglia and Kessie cementing their place at their role, the 3rd had to be the one picking out runs of the forwards, especially that we now have forwards making smart runs. Hakan has shown he can do that and surprisingly working hard without the ball as well.
he does not have the vision to spot the runs, and doesn't even have the presence of mind to pass during counters, his instincts is to run with the ball. well the ball gets much faster in front of the opponent goal when sent rather than when carried there.

we saw that in europa league with those assists from Hakan. Bonventura would have not have those instincts to slip those balls forwards.

There are a lot of games and Bonaventura will get his chances and will probably score some goals and shine as he used to when he regains his fitness.
but for the team play, especially when going agaisnt worthy opponent, it'll better to have a central midfielder that does central midfield stuff rather than hope for Jack's moments of brilliance

sure, there are worst players in midfield in the squad but no one has any value that would allow us to invest into a proper midfielder to actually add real value to the squad.
he is 28, perfect time to able to get a good sum for him to REINFORCE THE TEAM (that's the goal, isn't it?)

that's why i'm happy that the club is owned by people that see the club as a business, and i hope they will make decisions that make sense.
a Gabbiadini type of deal from a premiership side would yield a decent sum.
hopefully, we're not gonna let players value go to Zero anymore, even Real Madrid Sell players to reinforce their team.

he is also an italian high-profile identification player. Selling him makes you look bad.

i disagree with this. sure he is considered a good player by italians but his God-like Status is only with Milan fans, and rightfully so, as he carried the team (with Suso)...like Menez, Balo did in the past, even though they don't get as much recognition because they are not so likeable ,...
i never had that feeling that Italians see him as flagship player, they Think Verrati, Florenzi and even Players like Pellegrini and Gagliardini are slowly taking more importance in the Azzuri. not mentioning Derossi for obvious reasons. (just to talk about midfielders)

if Montolivo, doesn't impede Locatelli's minutes, and he continues to progress he could become more of a flagship Italian player than Bonaventura after Derossi leaves in a year.

he is 28 with less than 10 apps...we can't call him a flagship italian player.
and that's not because he is not good, he is great, but he simply doesn't fit seamlessly in any modern formation.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jack isn't going anywhere. Get that out of your deluded minds. He'll fit in as a midfielder, when he gets match fit.

And even if he doesn't fit? Why sell him? For 25m? Thats pennies, you wont buy a player of Jacks quality for that much anymore.

Jack is a jolly, he can play a lot of positions. Why even think asbout selling such a valuable asset?

People wanting to sell one of our important players :head:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It certainly isn't at the level of Spain and Germany when it comes to the national team, and there is generally a deficit of talent in key areas. But I would argue that even when Italy won its last World Cup the team was only above average and cohesive. It wasn't a spectacular team in any way. 2002 Italy was much better in theory.

The real achievement of Italian football when it comes to international competitions isn't laying down years of success (like France 1998/2000 or Spain 2008/10/12), but rather being competitive more often than not. For example, Italy played the Final in 2012 and were demolished by a much better team. But they played the Final. They were there or thereabouts. In 2016, they beat Spain pretty convincingly despite having no player in the midfield who could hold the ball, and came within inches of beating Germany. In 2010 and 2014, of course, they collapsed completely.

Gli Azzurri have surged at different moments. In 1982 they caught fire and went all the way. In 2006, they came together despite the football falling apart at home. Even during the years you characterize as Italy's strong years, they reached the Final only once after 1982 and before 2006.

But what have other national teams done in the last 10-12 years (apart from Germany and Spain)? France have done nothing. Since 2002, neither have Brazil in the WC. And England...well...didn't qualify in 2008, shit the bed in 2014, have been beaten twice by Italy (2012, 14) and...Iceland.

As for club football, yes, there is a lot of work to be done. No one can deny that. Inter, Fio/Napoli (EL), and Juve apart Italian football has done little in Europe in the last 7 years.

No sense in labeling NTs. Italy, just like Germany, Spain, France, etc. will always be a giants in Europe and the world. If they happen to match up in a World Cup or Euros, it could always go either way.

In terms of Serie A, it's slowly starting to gain the competitive nature that it had pre-Calciopoli. You look at this season there could be 6-7 teams that could be competing for top 4.

Last edited:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jack isn't going anywhere. Get that out of your deluded minds. He'll fit in as a midfielder, when he gets match fit.

And even if he doesn't fit? Why sell him? For 25m? Thats pennies, you wont buy a player of Jacks quality for that much anymore.

Jack is a jolly, he can play a lot of positions. Why even think asbout selling such a valuable asset?

People wanting to sell one of our important players :head:

giphy.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
No sense in labeling NTs. Italy, just like Germany, Spain, France, etc. will always be a giants in Europe and the world. If they happen to match up in a World Cup or Euros, it could always go either way.

In terms of Serie A, it's slowly starting to gain the competitive nature that it had pre-Calciopoli. You look at this season there could be 6-7 teams that could be competing for top 4.

Yes, that is what I was saying. To be in that position, where you can give the top teams a game and come home with a win, is a privileged one, and Italy are in that position more often than not.

And if you're in that position, you will record a success every so often. Italy has reached the WC Final, for example, every twelve years since 1970.

Serie A is in transition, but I am optimistic. However, they still have to prove it. The last few seasons in Europe have been disappointing on the whole.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Heard so much about bonucci, so far he has not impressed me.

But let`s give him time.

Let`s give everybody time!

Bonucci is doing great.
He is leading a defense that never played with each other, in a team that never played with each other.

We are 4 weeks into the season and fans aren't impressed. :fp:
You deserve Galliani and Paletta.

Last edited:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why are some reacting to the suggestion of selling bonaventura to reinforce the midfield with someone who is actually a midfielder with the right characteristics needed for the role as if it was a sin worthy of capital punishment?

1. gotta be pragmatic sometimes. no one is questioning Bonaventura's talent. it's just a matter of fit. i think (hope) we definitively embraced the 3 5 2 (with some variation of it).
where does he fit? the type of midfielder needed to make the midfield 3 function with fluidity is not Bonaventura. with Biglia and Kessie cementing their place at their role, the 3rd had to be the one picking out runs of the forwards, especially that we now have forwards making smart runs. Hakan has shown he can do that and surprisingly working hard without the ball as well.
he does not have the vision to spot the runs, and doesn't even have the presence of mind to pass during counters, his instincts is to run with the ball. well the ball gets much faster in front of the opponent goal when sent rather than when carried there.

we saw that in europa league with those assists from Hakan. Bonventura would have not have those instincts to slip those balls forwards.

There are a lot of games and Bonaventura will get his chances and will probably score some goals and shine as he used to when he regains his fitness.
but for the team play, especially when going agaisnt worthy opponent, it'll better to have a central midfielder that does central midfield stuff rather than hope for Jack's moments of brilliance

sure, there are worst players in midfield in the squad but no one has any value that would allow us to invest into a proper midfielder to actually add real value to the squad.
he is 28, perfect time to able to get a good sum for him to REINFORCE THE TEAM (that's the goal, isn't it?)

that's why i'm happy that the club is owned by people that see the club as a business, and i hope they will make decisions that make sense.
hopefully, we're not gonna let players value go to Zero anymore, even Real Madrid Sell players to reinforce their team.

i disagree with this. sure he is considered a good player by italians but his God-like Status is only with Milan fans, and rightfully so, as he carried the team (with Suso)...like Menez, Balo did in the past, even though they don't get as much recognition because they are not so likeable ,...
i never had that feeling that Italians see him as flagship player, they Think Verrati, Florenzi and even Players like Pellegrini and Gagliardini are slowly taking more importance in the Azzuri. not mentioning Derossi for obvious reasons. (just to talk about midfielders)

if Montolivo, doesn't impede Locatelli's minutes, and he continues to progress he could become more of a flagship Italian player than Bonaventura after Derossi leaves in a year.

and that's not because he is not good, he is great, but he simply doesn't fit seamlessly in any modern formation.

i think your post has alot of contradiction, while you admitting jack ability you are at the same time want him out, why? because he should be the one who is picking up the runs? we have both bonucci and bilgia to do so, not to mention it is not the LM main duty to pick up runs, usually it is happening from the anchor(biglia), also 28 is the players prime, you want to sell him at his prime for what 25 M or? so that we can have a player who might worth double than than and maybe flop, if the renato (bayren flop) worth 45 M, what do you think a WC mid would worth?..

i can't really understand milan fans in this forum, Jack has been our best player in the past 3 years without a doubt, he just come out of 2 injuries, one of them could be a career ending one, and he is playing with new players and change of formulation, give him a chance for god's sack, you guys want to sell him after 1 game?? and not that he was bad either, he just wasn't at his best, and no disrespect to Hakan, and not to take anything from him, he did an excellent job in the EL game and i hope he keeps it, but it was a weak opponent, and also he was one of our worst players against Calgiari game, for me at least it should take full bad season from Jack before i would Consider selling him, and as a true milanista, i SHOULD stand by the player who supported our colors in the bad days, and was our only hope more than any other player, especially knowing how talented he is, not asking for his head after 1 average performance....

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonucci is doing great.
He is leading a defense that never played with each other, in a team that never played with each other.

We are 4 weeks into the season and fans are impressed. :fp:
You deserve Galliani and Paletta.

Not hating. Just saying with all the hype i expected a kaka like impact from

him.

When you are no.1 in the world...

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

1. That his characteristics are very different to Calhanouglu´s is not necessarily negative, we need some 1:1 replacements in the squad but having players who are different is important too.
Bonaventura is able to do the things Calhanoglu isn´t so good at and vice versa.
We need to have some variety to react to situations and to perform tactical changes.
For example Bonaventura is much better at dealing with a lack of space, so for Serie A alone this can be crucial in some games.

2. I agree about the national team but he is a flagship player for Milan, thats enough for me personally and enough to influence our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.