Marco Van Ginkel Thread

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is this getting overhyped because of Nocegoals?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
looks like justin bieber, just sayin' :o

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
we should make a rule that no poster can open threads for players we cant afford. Its fucking annoying cuz we never get the players we as fans desire. Berlu says we are ungrateful eh, fucking fat midget slob wastes his cash on some underage prostitute bullshit and blames us for not giving him a chance. We are milan u sond of a bitch, spend or GTFO. 6 years of mediocrity was made better by winning the league in 2010 but we still somehow manage to dismantle our team yet again, this really has to sop, if u cant afford to buy new players atleast dont sell the very few stars we have (we have no star player atm btw except SES and maybe montolivo).

Last edited:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
If Van Ginkel comes here, I will buy each and every one of you a hat.

*editor's note...hat purchase to be completed by the year 2165

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Ooooooo what sort of hat? And how will this work? Like something you put in your will?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Can I get a crown? I mean, both crowns and hats are head-wear so...

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

is he really as good as what people here make him out to be? i am just surprised people actually watch dutch league, no offense meant to any dutch followers. Setanta or neo sports never broadcast them so i am assuming people living outside europe only watched him play for the national team or so, i.e if he actually made it.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
is he really as good as what people here make him out to be? i am just surprised people actually watch dutch league, no offense meant to any dutch followers. Setanta or neo sports never broadcast them so i am assuming people living outside europe only watched him play for the national team or so, i.e if he actually made it.

There is not one player as good as people here make of them, not one.

And Certainly not this lad, you people act like he's friggin David Silva and will come and save us from our shamefull 7th league spot...The guy is barely 18 and just sniffin' at the wonderfull world of football, being slightly talented in one if the shitiest leagues of western europe.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
As I wrote before, Van Ginkel is one of the most talented players that I have seen in a long time...but his development could go the way of many youngsters: stratospheric or an absolute train wreck. I don't trust Milan to develop him at all.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
bye bye??we got saponara :(

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
As I wrote before, Van Ginkel is one of the most talented players that I have seen in a long time...but his development could go the way of many youngsters: stratospheric or an absolute train wreck. I don't trust Milan to develop him at all.

If he is that good then he should be purchased no matter what (like Mastour) unless the asking price is obscene.

Us developing him? cant worry about those things anymore, we just need to try our best and besides all the senatores who blocked giving youngsters a chance are gone.

Reaction score
I see him play nearly every week. Trust me, he is no AC Milan level.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I see him play nearly every week. Trust me, he is no AC Milan level.

This.

It's embarassing a player of his level get's an own thread in our transfer section...if we buy him he'll be the Mesbah of midfield.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Your really going to compare and 18 year old to mesbah...?

:fp:

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Your really going to compare and 18 year old to mesbah...?

:fp:

What I'm saying is IF he'll come it will become obvious he has no future at Milan and we will want to get rid of him again asap.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What I'm saying is IF he'll come it will become obvious he has no future at Milan and we will want to get rid of him again asap.

He's that bad? Our standards aren't exactly high at the moment?

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's that bad? Our standards aren't exactly high at the moment?

Our standards should be extremly high as we have a sucky team atm and when B desides to finally spend something it HAS to be a DIRECT improvement. If we bought a "Van Ginkel" back in 2006 or 2007 it'd be better as he can be brought slowly, learn from the top players we had back than for his position and perhaps be loaned out. If we buy him now B+G will want him to actually stand up and bring the team something extra. Therefor he isn't good enough for us atm.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Our standards should be extremly high as we have a sucky team atm and when B desides to finally spend something it HAS to be a DIRECT improvement. If we bought a "Van Ginkel" back in 2006 or 2007 it'd be better as he can be brought slowly, learn from the top players we had back than for his position and perhaps be loaned out. If we buy him now B+G will want him to actually stand up and bring the team something extra. Therefor he isn't good enough for us atm.

Yes, we totally rushed in the likes of El Shaarawy and Niang as well.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
If we had bought a player like him back then he would never play and left the club already

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, we totally rushed in the likes of El Shaarawy and Niang as well.

do NOT compare Van Ginkel with...can't even type it out. Just don't, seriously.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
do NOT compare Van Ginkel with...can't even type it out. Just don't, seriously.

Niang?

Probably El Shaarawy, but that makes the poins, while even he wasn't rushed in. First half season he was barely used.

achtungbaby

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, de Sciglio, Montolivo
If we had bought a player like him back then he would never play and left the club already

Much like Gourcuff or the unmistakable genius of Digao. Milan should have been bringing in young players to learn from the likes of P***o, Seedorf and company to learn from them before their time at Milan ended. Too much money was spent on the likes of Huntelaar and Ronaldinho.

The probblem for young players now at Milan is that they expected to come in and replace guys like Seedorf, Ibrahmiovic and Gattuso. Guys like el Shaarawy and de Sciglio have done a good job but it's just not going to happen easily. The fans and especially the management have to dampen expectations. We should only really be bringing these young guys in if they can get a decent amount of playing time at Milan or we can get a decent loan situation sorted out for them. Otherwise, they are just going to fall by the wayside.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Much like Gourcuff or the unmistakable genius of Digao.

Gourcuff had the talent, just not the attitude. Digão on the other hand, didn't have the talent. Van Ginkel most definitly does, and so far I have no reason to believe that he lacks the right attitude.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gourcuff had the talent, just not the attitude. Digão on the other hand, didn't have the talent. Van Ginkel most definitly does, and so far I have no reason to believe that he lacks the right attitude.

Really this should be the determining factor at the moment.

It does no good talking about what Milan should have done 5-6 yrs ago. If he is talented and can be bought at our prices then he should be, whether he is ready to start now or in a year or two.

If he has the right attitude then all the better but after the Gourcuff and Pato situations we should now know that more care and less freedom be given and we do the best to bring the kid along.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Really this should be the determining factor at the moment.

It does no good talking about what Milan should have done 5-6 yrs ago. If he is talented and can be bought at our prices then he should be, whether he is ready to start now or in a year or two.

If he has the right attitude then all the better but after the Gourcuff and Pato situations we should now know that more care and less freedom be given and we do the best to bring the kid along.

Looking at Gourcuff is what you can do, but looking at El Shaarawy is what you can do. Both talented, but different attitudes. When it comes to attitude, I would guess Van Ginkel comes closer to El Shaarawy's than Gourcuff's. Van Ginkel already plays a very mature and all-round game.