Effect of this weekend's games

AberdeenMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
With Juve drawing and Milan winning, that cuts the gap at the top of the Serie A to just 3pts.

Had we still been a long way behind Juve, I think Ancellotti would have gone all out to win in the Nou Camp on Wednesday, knowing that our whole season rested on the Champions League.

Now, with 3 games to go, there is still a reasonable chance of winning the Scudetto, he may be a bit more reserved in Barcelona, just incase things go wrong and leave us with no chance of overtaking Juventus in the last 3 games.

I know the CL is seen as bigger than the Serie A, but I think we are now going to be distracted knowing that the Serie A is now well and truly up for grabs.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
We have chance to win them both but also to lose them both , or to take one of them , just 1 of them will make us enough happy for this season .. even how we played for some months we dont deserve anything..

I hope Juventus will slip vs Palermo ..

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
the weekend's game might have cost us dearly...
as we have key players injured... the extent of the injury is not going to be known for sure till the final day...

smart move by milan staff not to reveal so that barca wont have a clue on how to prepare....
:cool:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
yonggoh said:
the weekend's game might have cost us dearly...
as we have key players injured... the extent of the injury is not going to be known for sure till the final day...

smart move by milan staff not to reveal so that barca wont have a clue on how to prepare....
:cool:

I am starting to doubt that they did this all in purpose to confuse Barcelona.. :cool:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
besikaka said:
I am starting to doubt that they did this all in purpose to confuse Barcelona.. :cool:

if indeed kaka and nesta and ambro faked injuries... it will be the most outrageous stunt ever!

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
i really think the same thing.fake injuries for barca game strategy.happy thing is we can use jankulovski against barca if things go bad.

first objective must be a clear sheet i think.than searching for a goal with pippo or sheva.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the only match where Juve can lose points is the one in Siena, and even that normally even a far from best juve can win.

Palermo and Reggina are safe already and I guess will not be fighting that much.

So i give Milan's chances a mere 5% of winning the title :(

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
I've got a good feeling we're gonna do the double this year :devilfir:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
let's hope we can repeat the 1994 CL final performance...

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
yonggoh said:
if indeed kaka and nesta and ambro faked injuries... it will be the most outrageous stunt ever!

sshhhhhh please keep the thoughts to yourself . some barcelona fans might be lurking around :rolleyes:

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Hey people I was a bit mad when I saw that the Sevilla - Barca match was postponed :mad: ...any idea what the hell happened?
right got the answer the damn rain!!

In that case they would have an extra 7days rest I guess :conf: ..bloody unfair, remember when Arsenal had 10 days rest(they too had a downpour).. they drew 0-0 with Juve!
I hope Barca plays before the CL with Milan...

As it is we have 5 injured player+vogel, and with Barca having this advantage..we would need a super-human miracle to overcome those losers! :head:

:star: Forza Milan :star:

NB: sorry about the late post!

Last edited:

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Reuters - 23/04/2006

Barcelona's league match at Sevilla has been cancelled on Sunday after a heavy thunderstorm flooded the pitch at the Sanchjez Pizjuan. A cloud burst some 45 minutes before kickoff left the pitch completely waterlogged.

The referee decided to delay the kickoff in an attempt to give the playing surface time to absorb the water.

Despite the delay, a five-metre stretch of one side of the pitch was left under water and the match was abandoned an hour after the scheduled kickoff time.

Carles Puyol and Samuel Eto'o both came out to inspect the pitch but ultimately the decision was made by the referee to cancel the match.

Barca had already been denied the chance to wrap up the Spanish title when Valencia beat Bilbao 3-0 in an earlier match.

For an hour groundskeepers remained indoors. Work on drying the pitch began fifteen minutes the referee was due to give his decision giving way to speculation that the home side did not want to play the match.

Both teams are still involved in European competition and finding a suitable date will pose serious difficulties.

Barcelona take a 1-0 advantage into the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against AC Milan at the Nou Camp on Wednesday and Sevilla host Schalke 04 at home on Thursday after drawing 0-0 in the first leg in Germany.

well that clearly explains it all why Sevilla too didn't want to play..Damn it! :mad:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Let's juse hope that Jufe will slip in siena or in Reggina :)

Forza Milan :star:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Juve's only chance at screwing up is against Reggina, and that one must be a 3 point screw up. They're not going to slip against their satellite (Siena) nor against Palermo at home.

Reggina owes us. They've avoided relegation twice after wins against us during the past couple of years as far as I remember.

Meanwhile, we must win all games (doable, hardest vs. Roma).

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Barcelona are so lucky!!
All their players will be rested not having played against Sevilla....and Milan suffered many injuries...
It seems that Milan are against all odds...but we still believe....or at least i do anyway....

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Pupone#20 said:
Barcelona are so lucky!!
All their players will be rested not having played against Sevilla....and Milan suffered many injuries...
It seems that Milan are against all odds...but we still believe....or at least i do anyway....
We all do. Milan will show the rest of the world who's the best ;)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Pupone#20 said:
Barcelona are so lucky!!
Though we are more motivated and considering those incredible circumstances with the injuries we still grided out a victory. A major boost ahead of the second leg.