Hattrick!

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.hattrick.org

Anyone's playing it?

If not, then do so and let's make up some freindlies. I've been given a team after four days of waiting, in the Romanian 5th division, group 160. :D So, if you have registered and wanna play a freindly, challenge me. My team name is FC Farul Constanta and the id is 34561.

If you haven't tried it, then I highly recommend it. The game looks great.

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
David I signed up for a team and just got in a league. The name of my team is the DevilQuakes, my alias is acmilanscudetto, and my id is 70846. When i get the hang of it and I will challange you to a friendly. How long have you been playing it?, any adivse?

If we play who has to pay for the travel expences. It is a long way from California to Romania. :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Easy Seamus: we'll play twice! :D Once in California, and once in Romanian. ;)

My first two games were not so good. First, an away freindly, lost 4-0, and then an away league match - drew 1-1, which I consider to be a great result after my players performance in the freindly.

There are a lot of things to read so that you won't make silly mistakes [like I did - spending most of my money on improving the stadium, then buying players and ending up with a 3.000.000 LEI debt = 150.000 E].

I'm 7th out of 8 teams in the league right now. I think I'll be using the rest of the league matches to test my players and my tactics better, so that next season I'll finish at least in the top three.

What I also like it is that there are A LOT of Romanians playing the game. I think it's the third community in Hattrick, after Sweden and England. And there are a lot of support sites in Romanian as well.

All in all this is a very nice game and I am looking forward to playing some freindlies with you guys.

Forza MILAN!
David.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ozmosis said:
...still waiting to get in...

Ozmo... it'll take you a while, since you're Swedish and there are a lot of folks from your country on the waiting list. How many are ahead of you on that list?

Regards,
David

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
there are 9231 persons before me... yesterday they let in 26 people... as it looks this may take a while.. :mad:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hm... It'd take about... a year and two months. :D

Well, I think you should register in a less active country. ;)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,
if anyone wants to buy any of these players from me then feel free to do so. I badly need to sell them since I'm in debt big time.

===========================================

Eugen Barca (3971947)
22 years, inadequate form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: România
Assessed value: 720 000 Lei
Wage: 13 600 Lei/week
Owner: FC Farul Constanta
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak
Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: poor
Passing: weak
Winger: passable
Defending: weak
Scoring: weak
Set Pieces: passable

Asking Price: 500 000 Lei

Nicusor Munteanu (4021295)
17 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is fiery and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Assessed value: 0 Lei
Wage: 10 000 Lei/week

Stamina: passable
Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: disastrous
Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched
Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor
Set Pieces: wretched

Asking Price: 0 Lei

Valeriu Preda (3971952)
24 years, weak form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 80 000 Lei
Wage: 10 400 Lei/week

Stamina: inadequate
Playmaking: inadequate
Passing: poor
Winger: wretched
Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched
Set Pieces: wretched

Vladimir Rosu (3971956)
25 years, passable form, healthy

A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 200 000 Lei
Wage: 11 200 Lei/week

Stamina: disastrous
Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: inadequate
Passing: weak
Winger: inadequate
Set Pieces: solid

Asking Price: 100 000 Lei

Rares Istrate (3971949)
22 years, weak form, healthy

A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 20 000 Lei
Wage: 10 000 Lei/week

Stamina: wretched
Playmaking: wretched
Passing: poor
Winger: poor
Set Pieces: disastrous

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I played my 1st game last night. I won 4-1 at home. Not a bad way to start :D. On the money thing. My stadium holds 7000 and I got 6500+ people for the 1st game. I think right now I am going to try to invest about 1/2 of my project extra cash towards coaches, trainers, and my youth squad. That way I can save to buy someone if my teams starts doing poorly and if my attandance stays constant I will improve the stadium to make a little more cash.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest mistake is that I've spent 80% of my money by improving the stadium. I'll have a 15.000 seater including VIP seats, etc.

I've read in a tutorial that you should have a stadium which holds between 15 to 25 times the number of your supporters.

I currently have 534 supporters. This means that I should have a stadium of about 10680.

But now I have to get out of debt. So if you're interested in one of those players, feel free to bid on them.

Regards,
David

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This is what happened when i tried to sign up from Italia:

You will be placed in the league/country Sverige because this is where you seem to be coming from.. If you think that you should be placed somewhere else, please contact the Game masters and explain why you want to be placed in that particular league. Game masters.

:cry:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that they check your IP and place you accordingly.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just wanted to find out if I am following hattrick correctly.

David,

1. Is it just me or do they not give any of the players positions. It is up to us to look at their abilities and to place them in the positions that we think they would be best in, correct?

2. How do we find out the form that the players are in? I have looked but don't see it anywhere.

3. How do the friendlies work? I know that we challange other teams. I tried to challange a team this week and it told that I have challanged them, but where do I go to set my line up for the friendly. What I am trying to do is to play my non-regular players in friendlies and change the formation to give them experience w/ other formations without loosing league games, but how???

If you know let me know. Thanks

To Everyone:
This game is a lot of fun and it help you to better understand how teams work. It is kind like a scaled down version of CM over the internet, but if more of you join then we can play each other and help to improve our teams. so stop whatever it is you doing and sign up real quick. David put the link above.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. True. You must figure out their position yourself. Search through those menu's in Hattrick and you should find a certaing program named HAM [Hattrick Assistant Manager]. It's very useful. I don't know if it's compatible with Mac though. But there are other utilities as well.

2. On that page where you see the skills of all players, in the paragraph right below their name the form, the experience and their extra ability is specified.

3. Well, if you challenge a team you have to wait for the other party accept the freindly. Good thing is that you can challenge as many teams as you want. And yes, it is a good thing to play your subs in freindlies, otherwise they won't improve in training [it's a bit more complicated, so you should read their FAQ].

I'm gonna challenge you in exactly three hours. We'll be playing the first game in my 15000 stadium due to which I'm in a huge debt. ;) Then I'll be travelling to San Francisco.

I've lost today's freindly 4-0 against some Finnish team. I've travelled to Finland for the game.

Regards,
David

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WOHOOOO !!! i managed to "hack" myself in :D

There are currently 6 people ahead of you in the waiting list.

*tihihihi* :devilfuc:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great. We'll be soon playing a freindly. ;)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wohooo!!!

In today's league match I've trashed 2nd placed favorita 6-1!!! And I was 7th. Now I'm 5th, the sponsors are happier while the supporters are delirious! :cool:

I've also sold 10000 tickets out of 15000, not to mention that I've sold all the 100 VIP seats [need to build more of those].

6-1... can't believe it. What have you guys done today?

Regards,
David

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
IM IN !!!! :D

My Teams name is : FC Esteghlal

I Play in the Italian League...

i dont know much about this game... is the any help i might get from you david..?`like how to get started...

thx...

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, go the bottom options on the menu. You'll find a lot of documentation somewhere in there. ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ozmosis Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:18 pm

i dont know much about this game... is the any help i might get from you david..?`like how to get started...

First thing to do is to get all of the rules. They aren't complicated, but you should know them because they give you hints as to how to play. I found that it was easiest to print out all off the rules plus the 3 appendixs. It makes it easier to read and to referance later.

Secondly print out a copy of your players and go through their abilities. You should have a good mixture of different players. Pick out the ones that have better rating as winger to play winger, the players that are good at defence go there, the decent goalies are in the box, inner midfielders need good passing, and forwards will should have decent scoring. If your team is like mine you only have 2 or 3 really good players and the rest are average and need to be played to improve.

Third start spending. I would suggest finishing a season of before buying or selling any players to give everyone time to impress you. In my opinion the most important thing to spend you money on at first is extra coaches and the youth team. As David can tell you improving the stadium can wait a couple of weeks, wait until you have extra money to spend.

Fourth schedual some friendlies for every wednesday. It allows you to play your subs and improve them while giving your starters a rest. You can also use the friendlies to give the team practice w/ different formations. I play my league games w/ my best players in a 4-4-2, but I put in all of the subs and switch to a 4-3-3 for friendlies.

That's all the hints I can think of now if I come up with any more I'll let you know. Most importantly take some time to go all over the site. I could figure out certain things until I started to look around and them it all started to make sence to me after about a week. HOPE THIS HELPS & GOOD LUCK! :D

Seamus

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ehhehe... wanna see how the today's freindly between me and Seamus ended? Take a look at the report:

=============================================

FC Farul Constanta - DevilQuakes 3 - 1

Date: 7/17/2002 at 10:00
Arena: FC Farul Constanta Arena
Crowd: 1018

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 1018 at FC Farul Constanta Arena today. Constanta tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. DevilQuakes tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination.

Some beautiful plays to the left of the field resulted in a 11th minute goal by Paul Sollomovici for Constanta, putting them ahead 1 - 0. A well placed corner kick from Rãzvan Rãducanu was followed by Pavel Petri´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant 2-0 for Constanta. In the 35:th minute Constantas Paul Sollomovici received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. DevilQuakes were forced to a substitution as Ed Reynolds couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 37:th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Ed Croft completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 41 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Constanta. However, Hans Sargent made a spectacular save. Halftime score was 2 - 0. Constanta, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

DevilQuakes managed to reduce a bit later to 2 - 1 as Tony Liu finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box. After 64 minutes Eugen Barca put Constanta ahead 3 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. After this Constanta lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Constanta held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Constanta´s best player was Mihai Conta. However, Mugur Iordãnescu made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating DevilQuakes player was without a doubt Kip Sapp. Hans Sargent was a disappointment, however.

FC Farul Constanta
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: inadequate

DevilQuakes
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: passable

=============================================

2nd leg will be played in San Francisco, one week from now. ;)

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Damn I lost and Renyold got injured :mad: , that's OK he sucked. I am going to put my good players in for next week's friendly, hopefully I'll have a chance. :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please do that. :D Most likely, I'll use the same team. Only 4 of the players I've used to day are regulars. ;)

Forza FARUL!
David

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Yes, it is. Go to 'The Club'. But some supporters will get pissed on you and you'll lose them. Also, it's better to do this between seasons, and it'll also cost you.

2. When you choose your line-up, for example, they show it as a basic 4-4-2. If you want a 3-5-2, all you have to do is to set one of your defenders as midfielders [there's a select menu for each player; use that].

Regards,
David

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
David said:
1. Yes, it is. Go to 'The Club'. But some supporters will get pissed on you and you'll lose them. Also, it's better to do this between seasons, and it'll also cost you.

2. When you choose your line-up, for example, they show it as a basic 4-4-2. If you want a 3-5-2, all you have to do is to set one of your defenders as midfielders [there's a select menu for each player; use that].

Regards,
David

can u tell what game is that? and can u give a link maybe i can try to play that game?