The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
F.ck Chiffon... Not every in the society support your corrupt organization UEFA. We support Super League!

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
16 - 24 year olds don't have 90mins to watch football. Perez suggested game time will be reduced in the SL. 60 mins sounds about right.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
First we gotta stop acting like Perez knows or cares about what young people want.

That fossil is so out of place that its insane.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
First we gotta stop acting like Perez knows or cares about what young people want.

That fossil is so out of place that its insane.

we need to investigate your countryman in UEFcrap. how much money does he make?

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
16 - 24 year olds don't have 90mins to watch football. Perez suggested game time will be reduced in the SL. 60 mins sounds about right.

do young people spend time outside playing football or basketball, like older, when there was no internet or many channels on tv??

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
do young people spend time outside playing football or basketball, like older, when there was no internet or many channels on tv??

Only esport hehehe

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
This was not marketed well...

Yes they could at least have lead with some fear-mongering like in Perez's interview.

Football is under threat from videogames and fucking TikTok and losing fans and attention. The only way to get interest levels back is to guarantee more big-name fixtures to increase audiences and revenues. UEFA's system can't do that so we have selflessly created the Super League to save football as we know it. :proud:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Marvel, Commercial Music, Video Games...

Florentino can probably stream games in Disney+ and make Donnarumma wear Captain America shorts while Tonali will be hidding in Royale Mode so then teenagers will find it attractive.

Cardi B to entertain the audience at HT.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Well, according to Esport industry professionals, conventional sports are going to die out in the next 15-20 years anyhow. So all this is pointless.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, according to Esport industry professionals, conventional sports are going to die out in the next 15-20 years anyhow. So all this is pointless.

If that helps you cope then yes, SL will also fail in 15-20 years regardless and all of this is a big nothingburger. :thumbsup:

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
That's fair that you don't think it should be solely catered to teenagers. That's actually a valid criticism of the SL, though I don't think European football is being nuked. And a lot of fans from across the world are also targeted rather than just the teenagers
This is true.

Many Asian fans are happy with the idea of football becoming less Euro-centric.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
newzoo_share.png

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
This is true.

Many Asian fans are happy with the idea of football becoming less Euro-centric.

A milan fan that hates serie a, calcio, azzurri....many of them are here

Not to mention the glazers/singers are not european themselves either

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Every industry that has too much money in it has gone to shit. Look at video games. Last two to three years are full of consumer-oriented, corporate, generic bullshit filled with microtransactions. Music industry got fucked up in the early 2000s, movie industry last great decade was in 1990s, and it got real bad after 2015. Everything is connected. Fucking consumerism. Video games were much harder back in the days, now companies literally says and draws to the gamer what he needs to do. Give him markers on the map, huge HUD...

And new generations are ******ed, Ted Kazcynsky was completely right in his Manifesto - technology is making people more and more people stupid. We don't have attention spans to anything anymore, because we depend on the technology too much.

And tbh, I'm not against super league, and UEFA and FIFA are guilty for this situation, but I'm saddened in the direction where the world is going, especially with this pandemic that accelerated many things. Rich are going to get richer n shiet. All this talk about new normal, new world and how everything needs to change...

For football, this is point of no return. I'm glad that Milan is in ESL, and I hope that we will make grand stadium as soon as possible. I also hope that Maldini is going to stay in the club for many years to come, and that we will be one of the more important factors in this league.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Meanwhile Bennacer, Ibra, Hakan & Theo could miss the game. :lol:

We could even play with our primavera, you know.
there is literally nothing to lose

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
i think you meant to say boban can now unfuck us twice.....first by saving paolo maldini, second by saving serie a and the champions league from gordon singer and ivan gazidis

:star::star::star::star::star::thumbsup:

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
If that helps you cope then yes, SL will also fail in 15-20 years regardless and all of this is a big nothingburger. :thumbsup:
It's not about my personal feelings.

I am closely associated to the football industry, and at the moment it appears that this is going to be terrible for the industry as a whole. Almost every industry professional I've interacted with is extremely unhappy with the SL plan.

Only a handful of people are related to these clubs, and professionals (both playing and non-playing) who are associated with mid to lower table clubs even in the top leagues are quite insecure about having to face pay cuts and job losses. Anyhow, things have been bad since Covid happen, SL will in all likelihood will make things even worse.

It's simply annoying to see fans of certain clubs rejoicing because "their" club is going to get richer because of the SL.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Bennacer and Calhanoglu have minor ankle injuries, Ibrahimovic and Theo have muscle problem.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every industry that has too much money in it has gone to shit. Look at video games. Last two to three years are full of consumer-oriented, corporate, generic bullshit filled with microtransactions. Music industry got fucked up in the early 2000s, movie industry last great decade was in 1990s, and it got real bad after 2015. Everything is connected. Fucking consumerism. Video games were much harder back in the days, now companies literally says and draws to the gamer what he needs to do. Give him markers on the map, huge HUD...

And new generations are ******ed, Ted Kazcynsky was completely right in his Manifesto - technology is making people more and more people stupid. We don't have attention spans to anything anymore, because we depend on the technology too much.

And tbh, I'm not against super league, and UEFA and FIFA are guilty for this situation, but I'm saddened in the direction where the world is going, especially with this pandemic that accelerated many things. Rich are going to get richer n shiet. All this talk about new normal, new world and how everything needs to change...

For football, this is point of no return. I'm glad that Milan is in ESL, and I hope that we will make grand stadium as soon as possible. I also hope that Maldini is going to stay in the club for many years to come, and that we will be one of the more important factors in this league.

I agree 100% however with football it also happened 20-25 years ago already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule