The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Guys there are merits to both sides :b: (no Trump so Berlu will have to do)
Also I get the cold hard (n/h) logic types

BUT

Having a league where ppl can't be relegated/kicked out goes against the spirit of football itself. Some of you are advocating to win the game 3-0 without kicking the ball :conf:

The joy comes from the struggle. (n/r) :eek:
What confuses me is that after we've struggled with so much shit over these last decade.....you want to give that all up? For a participation medal? Because let's be real here...if there was a Super League tomorrow Milan wasn't going to win shit until at least the next three years of reinforcements.

Maybe I'm to patient and prefer to see things grow. I'm not calling the ppl for the Super League bad fans but I really don't like the idea on an aesthetic and fundamental level....hell even on an ethical level. Laugh all you want.

Only thing I would say is that when you give Perez his way and fuck the entire footballing world....do you think that there would be anyone in our corner if he makes yet another move that benefits only Madrid in the future?

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
My patience ran out when I saw my Milan get humiliated by UEFA but turns a blind eye to PSG spending.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only thing I would say is that when you give Perez his way and fuck the entire footballing world....do you think that there would be anyone in our corner if he makes yet another move that benefits only Madrid in the future?

By this same token, we are already getting fucked by UEFA

If we reject Perez now and UEFA is just going to continue to fuck us, we literally don't have anyone in our corner NOW. Solidarity from Sassuolo, Cagliari, and Atalanta?

Last edited:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some clubs have never relegated from top divisions or have once in a century and it's fine.
The most interesting part is scudetto fight, no one cares about who relegates from serie A or promoted from serie B

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it unpopular because people voiced their position or did people voice their position because it's unpopular?

How did it become unpopular in the first place?

UEFA propaganda.

Better question, and the real one that should be asked, what did UEFA do wrong that it created a situation where the biggest clubs in the world feel that a Super League is necessary?

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
UEFA propaganda.

Better question, and the real one that should be asked, what did UEFA do wrong that it created a situation where the biggest clubs in the world feel that a Super League is necessary?

I don't remember UEFA being at fault for clubs amassing huge amounts of debt.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Leao sucks and should be sold

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Bring back Cutrone

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is true.

There is no Milan without Seria A and without CL history.

CL DNA

I don't understand why people think Serie A will be ruined.

You're replacing CL midweek games against APOEL with games against Barcelona, and everyones making more money as a club because of it.
Sounds good to me.

Even UEFAlona don't want to be a part of it anymore, that says something.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Some clubs have never relegated from top divisions or have once in a century and it's fine.
The most interesting part is scudetto fight, no one cares about who relegates from serie A or promoted from serie B

been saying that form the start. I also said if Silvio didnt stop spending Milan wouldve never missed CL

But people want to continue about for the betterment of the game while turning a blind eye to the fact that this may shift way more resources to the smaller clubs and the proposed format only cut out UEFA and not the traditional domestic leagues.

Anyways - I'm done I see the logic and understand why my club would make the move. Whatever happens now happens.

To the more pressing...is Romagnoli actually hurt or they are just hiding to stop his value plummeting? Please let ESL happen so whether we are in it or not we can sell him to thirsty Chelsea or Barca

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
:lol: That's exactly what you guys have been doing these past few days. :fp:

And there you are doing it again

Can you name me 3 members that believe their posts on RnB will affect ESL?

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Curva Sud Milano official communication after the ESL announcement

As the football season draws to a close, the world of football has been hit by a storm called the Super League, a competition strongly desired by the most emblazoned European teams, in open contrast with the policies of UEFA.

A real earthquake in the football environment, which inevitably affects us closely, given that our Milan team is one of the dozen "splitting" clubs that intend to give life to this new European competition.

The reaction of the various football institutional and political components was as quick as it was predictable and pressurized, with heads of government, leaders of the various national and international federations and club managers from all over Europe wasting no time in vehemently attacking the components of this new league, threatening heavy penalties under the cry of "football belongs to the people".

Honestly, the fact that all the gentlemen in the control room are now putting us fans first makes us smile.

The Super League is just the latest of countless maneuvers that have been taking place for decades and have turned football into a business. Certainly the birth of this new competition would be yet another blow to the football of the past, which is now only a distant memory, and will inevitably end up obscuring the charm and tradition of the various national leagues, depriving football of the indispensable principle of sporting meritocracy.

But what makes us even more indignant is the hypocrisy of all those who have contributed to making this sport just a business. toy that they thought was untouchable.

Football belonged to the people until the 1990s, when the Champions League came into being, to the detriment of the old Champions Cup.

Football belonged to the people, even when no one did anything to stop the high ticket prices imposed by some presidents.

Football also belonged to the people when nothing was done to hinder the unstoppable rise of the agents, who took the players' salaries to ever more astronomical figures, sustainable only thanks to the income from television rights, those TVs that then imposed increasingly tight calendars, with matches on days and times that were absolutely improbable.

Football belonged to the people even when rules were introduced to prohibit any kind of relationship between players and fans.

Football was also the people's game when Super Cup finals were played on other continents or the dates of some matches were changed just a few days before the game, to the detriment of fans who may have already bought train or plane tickets to come to the stadium.

Football belonged to the people even when some very influential presidents in the league openly stated that despite the achievement of the sporting result, some clubs with a small catchment area should be prevented from playing in Serie A.

Football belonged to the people even when some clubs were allowed to circumvent financial fair play, while others with less influential bosses were penalized.

Football also belonged to the people when it was decided by all means to assign the 2022 World Cup to Qatar, despite the fact that this would mean that the World Cup would be held in November, which would upset the clubs' calendar. The same Qatar, moreover, is under indictment for the countless human rights violations against the workers who helped build the stadiums, often in inhumane working conditions and resulting in some 6,500 deaths at work. It is strange that this has left FIFA, which is usually very attentive to social issues, indifferent, even if the doubt arises that it is only when it suits them...

We could list many other examples to demonstrate the absolute inconsistency in the words of these lasts hours from the top management of football, compared to the work done for decades, which has led football to become from a popular game to a pure instrument of the most unrestrained business.

Football had to be revised from the ground up at all levels, federations, clubs, managers and players a long time ago. The Super League is just another piece of rubbish, but those who have brought football to this point of almost no return are no better, so let's avoid sleazy theatrics of rhetoric and morality. Now that the money is running out, get angry with each other, but don't you dare mention the fans.

PIGS!

Curva Sud Milano - A.I.M.C.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
UEFA fucking Milan in the ass for years:
Perfectly fine, nothing to see here.

Milan finally able to get out of that ass fucking:
Oh no, how will the Atalantas and the Spezias survive???

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

BUT

Having a league where ppl can't be relegated/kicked out goes against the spirit of football itself. Some of you are advocating to win the game 3-0 without kicking the ball :conf:

What confuses me is that after we've struggled with so much shit over these last decade.....you want to give that all up? For a participation medal? Because let's be real here...if there was a Super League tomorrow Milan wasn't going to win shit until at least the next three years of reinforcements.

Maybe I'm to patient and prefer to see things grow. I'm not calling the ppl for the Super League bad fans but I really don't like the idea on an aesthetic and fundamental level....hell even on an ethical level. Laugh all you want.

Fair points...

The challenge is that the points are based on an appeal to emotion

The counterpoints are more fact based.

If anyone complains that the pros are all about the $ and business, it begins to look unreasonable

Even if the super league does not happen, the bell has been rung. Its time for a change

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is true.

There is no Milan without Seria A and without CL history.

CL DNA

Before Champions League and European Cup, Milan used to have Latin Cup and Cup Winners Cup DNA.

The only Italian club to win the Latin Cup.
Shared most with Real Madrid and Barca.

Only Barcelona have more Cup Winners Cup trophies.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why are the ESL cheerleaders so vile and aggressive? You got your McDonald's cup, be happy

People are happy, I don?t see anyone sounding aggressive, fairly reasonable discussions going on.

I don?t see any pro-SL wishing death on UEFA members, unlike certain long hair connoisseur

Glad you brought up how vile and aggressive people get when they don?t get their ways.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People are happy, I don?t see anyone sounding aggressive, fairly reasonable discussions going on.

I don?t see any pro-SL wishing death on UEFA members, unlike certain long hair
connoisseur

Glad you brought up how vile and aggressive people get when they don?t get their ways.

:lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Maybe UEFA is the hot mom next door and the Atalantas and Spezias are her kids that you have to put up with and support for her to fuck you in hopes you then get your turn to fuck her. Whereas, ESL is the sugarmama who pays you a lot to get fucked.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Fans are hypocrites
They are not paying salaries and have to take loses, so it's easy to be generous and noble on others account

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
EU Antitrust gives the GREEN LIGHT for the formation of Super League. They consider it as a legitimate and commercial operation. @LaStampa #rmalive

Yes yes.... we are not abandoning Serie A. We are just replacing Champions League.... give me a break closed minded people

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

BUT

You also cannot be relegated from the CL, you just don't progress. Same with the SL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule