The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



View Poll Results: Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?
Gli Azzurri 17 35.42%
A good Serie A team 4 8.33%
A mediocre Italian team 20 41.67%
A team in a good league abroad 3 6.25%
A team in MLS, Asia etc. 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2013, 10:53   #101
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon
 
AC Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Next milan game, san siro should be decorated like a wedding ceremony.

Hopefully he runs away again.


Signature

<3
AC Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 10:59   #102
bola
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Next milan game, san siro should be decorated like a wedding ceremony.

Hopefully he runs away again.
Just see this
bola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 13:20   #103
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend
 
Armin__m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BiH
Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<
Default

Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 19:04   #104
rossonero23
AC Milan Legend
 
rossonero23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fav. Players: maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
Default

what has to happen for allegri to be axed??

we have four wins this year in the league. LOL


Signature
ROSSONERI SIAMO NOI
rossonero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 19:42   #105
VultureNut
Expiring Contract
 
VultureNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vultureland
Fav. Players: Boban, Vultures, Any free transfers, Fodder, Sub-par Fodder.
Default

He is unsackable.
VultureNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 19:46   #106
Burlesqoni
AC Milan Icon
 
Burlesqoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Nut got sack?
Burlesqoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 20:40   #107
milanazkals
Basketball player
 
milanazkals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London-Manila
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Romagnoli, Coutinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoNR View Post
wow you look like a smart guy

i like smart guys...

please tell me more about that!!!!!
Yes. Smarter than that piece of shit. I think this is going to be Serie B or no sack. lol:


Signature

BOSS
milanazkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 22:04   #108
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero23 View Post
what has to happen for allegri to be axed??

we have four wins this year in the league. LOL


Signature
Curupira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 03:33   #109
Milan10
AC Milan Legend
 
Milan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default

It's absolutely astonishing that he has survived the first half of the season lol

What possible reason is there to keep him? You have to pay him his wages either way and he has already cost Milan 50M by missing out on the CL. I don't get it.

Unless they are counting on him to win the CL in which case lol.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 03:35   #110
Mario
AC Milan Icon
 
Mario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Another 4-5 months or so
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 04:29   #111
threesics
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
It's absolutely astonishing that he has survived the first half of the season lol

What possible reason is there to keep him? You have to pay him his wages either way and he has already cost Milan 50M by missing out on the CL. I don't get it.

Unless they are counting on him to win the CL in which case lol.
Fire Hellegri == Slap G ...
Tactics :
Pay more in transfer and expects good performance in the second half ==> G is always right!!!!!
threesics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 06:40   #112
necromancer
Defence of Champions
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

It's obvious by now that the Seedorf plan is in place for next Summer.

How does it matter then whether Allegri is sacked now (and given compensation) or we say bye when the contract gets over in the summer? Aren't we trying to save every penny here?

I doubt any caretaker coach/Tassotti can do much better in the next 5 months. And no proper coach would want to take over the role for 6 months with no player of his preference signed when the market will probably be used with the Seedorf project in mind.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 06:50   #113
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
It's obvious by now that the Seedorf plan is in place for next Summer.

How does it matter then whether Allegri is sacked now (and given compensation) or we say bye when the contract gets over in the summer? Aren't we trying to save every penny here?

I doubt any caretaker coach/Tassotti can do much better in the next 5 months. And no proper coach would want to take over the role for 6 months with no player of his preference signed when the market will probably be used with the Seedorf project in mind.
You don't think Tassotti can do better then the amazing record of :

4 wins, 7 draws, 6 losses & 26 goals conceded ? Im willing to bet he can at least be twice as good, which can guarantee EL places or with a little bit of luck a CL place.

Allegri has lost the respect of the players, there is no way he motivates them enough to make a run for that 3rd place.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 06:55   #114
Casualista
Monsieur
 
Casualista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

You really think no coach can do better and there isnt an interim coach available?

There are coaches available who did way more with less.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 06:57   #115
necromancer
Defence of Champions
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
You don't think Tassotti can do better then the amazing record of :

4 wins, 7 draws, 6 losses & 26 goals conceded ? Im willing to bet he can at least be twice as good, which can guarantee EL places or with a little bit of luck a CL place.

Allegri has lost the respect of the players, there is no way he motivates them enough to make a run for that 3rd place.
I dont think Tassotti can do better than Allegri. If he was a good coach masquerading as an assistant, he would have got a better job long back.

I also doubt Allegri has lost the dressing room. If anything, the players seem to support him.

And 3rd place is a pipe-dream. In this particular Serie A season, it's very farfetched to see Milan get the 3rd place with whichever coach.

Like I said, no good coach will sign up for a 5-month project with variables of someone else's choosing. It's pointless changing coaches now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
You really think no coach can do better and there isnt an interim coach available?

There are coaches available who did way more with less.
Last paragraph of my first post.

I dont care if Allegri gets sacked now or not, but I wont expect a significant gain with any interim coach. It could go the Andreazzoli way, but that's more a lucky break.


Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 30-12-2013 at 07:00.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 07:10   #116
Casualista
Monsieur
 
Casualista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

No. There is a point.

We are 5 points away from relegation zone with no sign of things getting better under allegri. It is only hubris at the moment that peopke arent mentioning worst case scenarios.

But we are 10 odd points away from europa and also a chance to do well in coppa. And with 60 points left to play for i want that to be comeptitive.

We need europa next season.

There are short term coaches that can salvage this. I would give dellio rossi a shot.

And funny you say we are trying to save every penny, when a couple of months ago you said our financials were good enough to survive ucl failure. Not even good enough to sack a coach 2 months ago and salvage the season.

Last edited by Casualista; 30-12-2013 at 07:17.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 07:35   #117
necromancer
Defence of Champions
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
No. There is a point.

We are 5 points away from relegation zone with no sign of things getting better under allegri. It is only hubris at the moment that peopke arent mentioning worst case scenarios.

But we are 10 odd points away from europa and also a chance to do well in coppa. And with 60 points left to play for i want that to be comeptitive.

We need europa next season.

There are short term coaches that can salvage this. I would give dellio rossi a shot.

And funny you say we are trying to save every penny, when a couple of months ago you said our financials were good enough to survive ucl failure. Not even good enough to sack a coach 2 months ago and salvage the season.
"Financials good enough to survive not being in the CL for a year or two".. Sacking Allegri would certainly make no difference to that. I don't think all financial interpretation would be done purely from a CL point of view though. It's extra money when we are trying to not spend anything extra - that's about it.

I don't think you're seeing the point. Say, a Delio Rossi wouldnt be a bad choice as a short-term coach. But would he join Milan knowing very well that his job is only for 5 months and that he is basically a caretaker coach who'll have to audition for his next job in these 5 months? It would be a gamble for him. If we do get a reputable coach like that who's okay with a temporary job, I dont have a problem with Allegri leaving.

But for a replacement like Tassotti, I don't see a benefit in sacking him now.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 07:43   #118
Casualista
Monsieur
 
Casualista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
"Financials good enough to survive not being in the CL for a year or two".. Sacking Allegri would certainly make no difference to that. I don't think all financial interpretation would be done purely from a CL point of view though. It's extra money when we are trying to not spend anything extra - that's about it.

I don't think you're seeing the point. Say, a Delio Rossi wouldnt be a bad choice as a short-term coach. But would he join Milan knowing very well that his job is only for 5 months and that he is basically a caretaker coach who'll have to audition for his next job in these 5 months? It would be a gamble - if we do get a coach like that, I dont have a problem with Allegri leaving.

But for a replacement like Tassotti, I don't see a benefit in sacking him now.
Dellio rossi has taken over teams half way through the season before so that aint an issue. And this is a guy who coached palermo, where every game is an audition. However, the main point is he probably would take over as milan caretaker as this would be his biggest job yet. More accomplished coaches have taken caretaker jobs at big clubs before (zaccheroni for one). And he is out of a job so i dont see what he has to lose.

I dont see how allegri isnt a part of the financial equation since his failure this season is about to cause a loss of 30 mil when a good coach months earlier could have salvaged that aspect for us. Doubt allegris compensation was worth sacrificing ucl for and i still doubt it is worth sacrificing even europa for.

But its nothing new for milan. We look to save cash only to waste on ridiculous things like wages and contracts we cant get rid off.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 07:55   #119
Ash
Swag Maestro
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Default

Inzaghi?

Let's face it, the season is lost. But what's it gonna prove by sticking with a coach that is clearly out of ideas? I would rather a fresh new approach and even if it doesnt drastically improve our results, atleast it would be a change. Someone like Inzaghi could be the answer. He has already shown a bit of his coaching credentials and knows the youth team players pretty well, so we could see a lot more of the younger players given a chance (Allegri wont as due to his fuckups this season and his shit mentality of always playing it safe, he wouldnt even try risking it). Might as well if we are not considering spending to reinforce the team. Atleast this will give us a chance to see what our fabled youth is capable of and they will be a bit more ready for the first team come next season.

All this is of course granted that we have not signed a coach up for next season and our management still does not harbour ridiculous expectations (which I understand is highly unlikely so at the end it's a moot point). Also depends on what Inzaghi wants

This season could have been salvaged ages back if our management werent such pussies. This is the fourth season in a row we have had a garbage start and that despite being the first when there weren whole scale changes. Not to mention that we are run by fuckin' lunatics who keep on putting ridiculous expectations on this team despite not investing anywhere near close enough to meet those expectations (anyone remember Galliani's "Now we can challenge for the scudetto" after signing Matri quote?)

At the end of the day, we can change coaches all we want, wont change anything if the leadership does not change. Allegri has a share of the blame for the team's demise but the bulk of it still lies with the top management and it's inability to think forward or stick to a plan.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 08:25   #120
necromancer
Defence of Champions
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Dellio rossi has taken over teams half way through the season before so that aint an issue. And this is a guy who coached palermo, where every game is an audition. However, the main point is he probably would take over as milan caretaker as this would be his biggest job yet. More accomplished coaches have taken caretaker jobs at big clubs before (zaccheroni for one). And he is out of a job so i dont see what he has to lose.

I dont see how allegri isnt a part of the financial equation since his failure this season is about to cause a loss of 30 mil when a good coach months earlier could have salvaged that aspect for us. Doubt allegris compensation was worth sacrificing ucl for and i still doubt it is worth sacrificing even europa for.

But its nothing new for milan. We look to save cash only to waste on ridiculous things like wages and contracts we cant get rid off.
D. Rossi took over in all those cases with no pre-selected manager for the next season. The situation in Milan is different because everyone knows by now that we have the man for next season. So it really is a 5 month job as opposed to one that could evolve to a long-term appointment.

Zac, really? The one time he acted as a caretaker, he made little change to Ferrara's season at Juve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Inzaghi?
Again, could have been the ideal solution had it not been for the Seedorf deal. What'll happen to Pippo when the season ends? He'll certainly not go back to the Primavera.

I honestly don't know what we are planning for Inzaghi. I hope there's a good plan in mind, either to coach with Seedorf or to succeed him later or anything like that.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:47.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.