Abate and pozzi loand to napoli

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
OFFICIAL] Abate & Pozzi loaned to Napoli
14.9 || webmaster || $source

It's official: Milan have loaned out youngsters Ignazio Abate & Nicola Pozzi to Napoli until the 30th of June 2005.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Right choise .. wish them luck there

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
Good for them, and now hopingthey play a lot the gain experience

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
Napoli is playing in Serie B?
I think it's a right move by Milan. It can be very important for both of them.
How old they are, anybody know exactly?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Such a shame. Milan really hate youngsters while established players enjoy too many guarantees + privileges. Have our once promising youth ever come back stronger from a loan spell ?

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Anderson Lima said:
Napoli is playing in Serie B?
I think it's a right move by Milan. It can be very important for both of them.
How old they are, anybody know exactly?
Napoli's in Serie C1-B (Serie C is divied into two groups).

They're both 18 years old.

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Disappointed to see young Pozzi leave, as for Abate i doubt he would of ever got a chance. I really don't see a future for him at the club. But this could have been Pozzi's chance, theres no doubt in the forthcoming season Milan are going to be short of options up front.

Now all Ancelloti can resort to using is the lone striker with Kaka and Rui supporting situation :o. A tactic which i deplore and just makes me think back to what Mr Berlusconi said, and how i couldn't of agreed more with him. Also it made me admire his "entertaining" footballing logisitics.

But it's true what Passion said ... that's another two youngsters that Milan have let leave on loan and you can be pretty sure they will never get a chance to prove themselves with Milan now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Coloccini is a good player now after three years (3/2? I forget) loan spell in Spain.. I just a little bit supprised about Pozzi, he is a promising player I think and about Abate.. I never heard about him, just lets hope the best for him..

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Great move.

They need first team experence.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Well we can say goodbye to the Champions League and Scudetto now ;)

Seriously, young players need to play and Napoli's a good move.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I think its a good move. Lets them gain experience instead of playing the bench. maybe serie B would have been a better move.

seanseedorf

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Ronaldo
i don't really know how they both play.
i hope they're hot prospect like Colocini

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Great move by the Club, will give them the world of experience both 17 yr olds could prove decisive in earning promotion for Napoli.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
I really hope they improve and come back better players, but I hope they aren't the next version of Kutuzov :conf:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They should have never been loaned. Some competition would do our complacent regulars only good.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
we always joke with Coppa Italia .. but it seems we will not have strikers for Coppa games..

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not enough strikers?? are you guys kidding or am I missing something? Didn't just about everyone agree over the summer that 4 strikers is plenty enough? What's changed?

Loaning out youngsters is widely accepted as smart managing, an investment in the future. Not only will it give them confidence and match experience while they build up their skills, but it will help the team ascertain how good they are.

I don't feel like youngsters are necessary to provide competition for our complacent starters. There are plenty of capable, experienced players on the bench who want to be starters and provide the said competition. Tomasson, Ambrosini, and Kaladze will challenge Inzaghi, seedorf and Maldini better than Pozzi, Abate or Coloccini can.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rygaar said:
Not enough strikers?? are you guys kidding or am I missing something?
You're missing something.

Rygaar said:
Didn't just about everyone agree over the summer that 4 strikers is plenty enough?
No. Not if 3 of them are out of form.
Rygaar said:
What's changed?
You wouldn't have asked if you had watched the recent matches... Or: See above.

Rygaar said:
Loaning out youngsters is widely accepted as smart managing, an investment in the future.
Not if these youngsters are never brought back + never get the opportunity to grow from talent to class player, in a competitive, challenging environment.

Rygaar said:
Not only will it give them confidence and match experience while they build up their skills, but it will help the team ascertain how good they are.
Opinions are divided on how effective loans really are, esp. for young talented players. IMO their development isn't furthered but obstructed in a 2nd or 2rd league team. Regular playing time comes with the downside of less skilled team mates, less competitiveness, less incentive + necessity to improve. Even if they would arguably gain less match experience, they would benefit greatly from training day in day out with some of the world's best.

Rygaar said:
I don't feel like youngsters are necessary to provide competition for our complacent starters. There are plenty of capable, experienced players on the bench who want to be starters and provide the said competition. Tomasson, Ambrosini, and Kaladze will challenge Inzaghi, seedorf and Maldini better than Pozzi, Abate or Coloccini can.
We talk not only about adding competition but also about adding quality by keeping those guys who are among the best in their age group in Italy, who might be up to playing not worse than our standard 2nd string but maybe better when given the chance because they are hungry + ambitious, who need + want the challenge of competing against the regular starters, who could provide cover whenever a regular is injured or suffers from a form slump, also at the 'risk' of permanently taking away the starting position from an established player. I'd sleep a lot better if I knew we had s.o. like Fabregas who is capable of deputising for big name players. I don't see the point in giving guarantees to an out-of-form established player, hoping he will eventually find or protect the net, while we achieve crap results along the way: If for the good of the team the Shevas + Maldinis have to be benched for a while, this should be done, plain + simple. When their reg subs are off-form too... then I guess we're having a problem. Pozzi could have been at least a partial solution of this prob.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
what the HELL would pozzi or abate be able to do if they were given a start? absolutley nothing yet.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
us_bombs said:
what the HELL would pozzi or abate be able to do if they were given a start? absolutley nothing yet.

Well they will see how is to play in front of 80.000 spectators ;)..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
What an ignorant attitude ! :o

First, you'll never find out if you don't give it a try. All the great young players on other teams have been trusted to do OK by their coaches + trust builds confidence. And there is no bigger performance booster than confidence.

Second, what have our so-called superstars been able to do so far this season ?

If certain things don't change at Milan, they will become the next Real Madrid (current state).

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Loosing 1 of the first 3 games of the seasons does not on its own warrant a total change of transfer strategy. Four strikers seriously offers plenty of options. Even if all 4 are out of form for 3 matches, it would be wise to find out why the team is not clicking and try to resolve the problem instead of going out to buy or recall others. According to this logic, if we put Pozzi on and his first 5 matches he doesn't perform up to "Milan standard", we should call back Borrielo and give him a couple of days; then recall Kutuzov, etc...

I'm sure you are familiar with the concept of diminishing return most commonly seen in economics. For every extra player a team get, its return in additional utility is a bit less than the additional utility it got from the previous player. Past a certain point, the curve goes past its maximum point, and total utility begins to fall. One loss and one draw against weaker opponents should not lead to an automatic shift in the roster if we know (and we do) that our current quality is good enough to accomplish the objective. Performance is subpar of course, but that is certainly not because of a shortage in quality.

Buying more players or bringing in second string, primavera or youngsters into the mix is not necessarily the best way to remedy the situation. If Abate and Pozzi could match the abilities of ambrosini or Tomasson, I don't think they would be on loan. In fact, those youngsters were deemed by the coaching staff to be on par with first teamers, the acquisition of Crespo and Dhorasso would have never made it past the rumor stage.

As for the benefits of sending youngsters on loan, I repeat that it is widely accepted a smart strategy on average. This doesn't mean all youngsters should be loaned, but on average it is a good idea. Cases are to be handled on a personal basis, so I am not advocating for a sweeping strategy, but I am saying that if the coaches have determined that this is the best way to help these players get better in the immediate term, they should not be deprived of this opportunity to provide training competition to first teamers.

Passion for *9* mentioned the importance of confidence in the development of talent into quality. Precocious talent has to be handled with the greatest of care, because there is but a fine line between blossoming into a class player and being stuck at an early developmental stage like so many 17-18yr old wonders who effectively stop getting better by 21yrs.

When you think about confidence building, consider how race horses are trained; the same basic concept applies to athletes in most disciplines:
To a race horse, confidence - defined as the belief in one's ability to accomplish the task at hand - is everything. A horse without confidence will not find the willpower to push himself to exhaustion and run the last 100 yards on the verge of collapse to come out on top. To build up their confidence in training, trainers pit their race horses against competition tailored to challenge, but not to dominate them. The more races this horse wins in training, the higher his gameday confidence. Before a horse becomes fast and fit enough to win competitive races, these training victories are in fact the main source of confidence building.

The analogy should be clear. if wouldn't do much for an inexperienced 17yr old's confidence if he were thrown in a Milan-Inter match. He may come in thinking that maybe he has the ability to compete but if he gets dominated and is overwhelmed game after game, the potential setback in self-belief and thus in self-development can be disastrous.
This is one of the reason promising youngsters around the world are only bought by top clubs if one of two things happen 1) they prove themselves to be gifted well beyond their current competitors/league, 2) A rival team shows serious interest. Ideally, these top clubs would like to move in only once a player matures and is ready to step right in but they are often forced to move in quickly. They must then figure out a way to keep these players improving, either by letting them stay another year or two with their formal team, or by loaning them to a similar level of competition ie another lower league team. As always, there are exceptions, but these only apply to the most prodigious of talent; the likes of C.Ronaldo, and Real's Ronaldo in his teenage yrs.

In short, once it has been determined that a loan would provide the best result for a youngster, he should not be sacrificed by being forced to stay and provide a 'quick fix' because first teamers have been out of form for 3 games.

Last, I'd just like to maintain that 4 solid strikers are more than enough. Ancelotti himself opined that the problem is loss of concentration on the defensive end. I do agree that there should be no sacred cows and that squad rotation amongst the established first teamers is a viable option. youngsters must earn their stripes.

Passion for *9*. Honestly, I'd love to have a Fabregas. Very impressive lad.

Last edited:

18ACM99

Beginner
Reaction score
If I didn't mistaken, Billy got loaned to Pisa and Zorro Boban to Bari. Correct me if I wrong:)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great performance by Abate today for Napoli. One assist, one goal. 2-1 victory for Napoli vs. Benevento. He was on RAI where they've praised him a bit.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Passion for *9* said:

First, you'll never find out if you don't give it a try. All the great young players on other teams have been trusted to do OK by their coaches + trust builds confidence. And there is no bigger performance booster than confidence.

If certain things don't change at Milan, they will become the next Real Madrid (current state).
ah, no.

Both of young players would not have come close to getting games this season. If Ambro and JDT struggle to get minuets these kids have no chance.

Name 1 club in the top tier of world football that plays alot of kids.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:

I agree. How would you know what they would do that might surprise you, they even havent had a start yet so if i was u mate ill shut my mouth up!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
ah, no.
Both of young players would not have come close to getting games this season. If Ambro and JDT struggle to get minuets these kids have no chance.
Name 1 club in the top tier of world football that plays alot of kids.

Nobody wants to field the complete Primavera... so don't play dumb :rolleyes:

Of course those young players would be getting a chance if Ancelotti + co. didn't insist on playing out-of-form players JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE HIGHER UP IN THE PECKING ORDER. If BGA* were a little.. just a little.. adventurous + daring + open to try sth not so conventional by Milan standards, those young players would not only remain with the club, they'd also get a chance to play. We're not talking regular starter here, but the occasional experiment at a time when Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka' + co. play worse than our village team :rolleyes:

I'm sure you noticed Roma's midfield lineup. And ? Have De Rossi, Aquilani + later De Martino sucked worse than our 'established worldclass (my ass) meravigliosi' ? I don't think so ! In fact they did quite well :o

All the excuses + explanations + justifications people come up with here just don't cut it.

Btw, this was Arsenal's lineup tonight when they played + beat Everton in the Carling Cup:
Almunia, Hoyte, Djourou, Senderos, Karbassiyoon, Pennant, Edu (Larsson 65), Flamini, Smith (Owusu-Abeyie 20), Lupoli (Cregg 89), Van Persie.

A kindergarden !!! :eek:

I don't expect Ancelotti to radically change his approach + attitude + become as progressive + forward-thinking as Wenger, but a tiny little bit of courage + just as much faith in his young players could actually come to Milan's rescue this year :o

*BGA = Berlusconi Galliani Ancelotti