Official: Davide Calabria Thread

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
His tackling rates are insane. Really incredible, I'm surprised nobody really talks about this. He averages about 4 times as many tackles per game as our other defenders, and some games gets almost ten tackles. Ridiculous.

:eek:

He also got an assist this weekend :D

Forza DC

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Necro is completely right about how we should play him. He's had fitness issues and despite excellent attacking ability and ridiculous tackling numbers, he still makes mistakes. He's easily good enough to stay here and still get minutes, we don't need to loan him I think, but we shouldn't commit to him as a starter.

He's a great compliment to de sciglio. You have the consistent, but unflashy guy holding down one side, and a guy on the other who has the ability to change games and make plays even from the fullback spot. Milan hasn't had a fullback like that in a while. Hopefully we get the Bosnian guy and let Calabria grow

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Told ya his defending and positioning was reminiscent of Mesbah. Morons got carried away after a couple of strong attacking displays against rock bottom sides where Montella's tactics encourage the RB to push forward whilst the LB covers defensive duties. Can you imagine him at LB? :lol:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Told ya his defending and positioning was reminiscent of Mesbah. Morons got carried away after a couple of strong attacking displays against rock bottom sides where Montella's tactics encourage the RB to push forward whilst the LB covers defensive duties. Can you imagine him at LB? :lol:

He was not good today, I can agree with that. Answer this though, would you rather he gets a chance and improves, or would you rather be proven right, so that you can gloat at all the so called morons who would like to see him given a chance?

Now I don't mean to single you out in particular, but why is it that people are either a hater of one player, or a fanboy of another and seem to delight in the failures of their hated players, or say I told you so when one of their favourites does well.

How are we supposed to have a discussion based on carefully thought out objective analysis, when most of the time discussions centre around fanboys or haters getting all emotional or egocentric and contributing sweet fuck all for each other to learn from. I mean isn't that the purpose of the forum, for us to come together and discuss and learn from each other. Maybe I'm hoping for a utopia, but I'd like to see a little more of that, and less of the other nonsense.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was not good today, I can agree with that. Answer this though, would you rather he gets a chance and improves, or would you rather be proven right, so that you can gloat at all the so called morons who would like to see him given a chance?

Now I don't mean to single you out in particular, but why is it that people are either a hater of one player, or a fanboy of another and seem to delight in the failures of their hated players, or say I told you so when one of their favourites does well.

How are we supposed to have a discussion based on carefully thought out objective analysis, when most of the time discussions centre around fanboys or haters getting all emotional or egocentric and contributing sweet fuck all for each other to learn from. I mean isn't that the purpose of the forum, for us to come together and discuss and learn from each other. Maybe I'm hoping for a utopia, but I'd like to see a little more of that, and less of the other nonsense.

Unfortunately Calabria is a wingback. He is still the same player that I saw getting raped by Laxalt of all people last season. Best chance we can gave him is a loanso he gets serious minutes.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
totally agree with you!
and this goes for all MILAN players not just Calabria.
after all this is not a forum to support a particular player but a forum of MILAN fans.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calabria is not ready for the first team. He needs a lot more experience. He takes WAY too long to make a decision. Far too many of his passes and crosses are blocked because he just freezes up.

He's pushes up and is energetic and makes some good tackles, but he makes far too many simple mistakes (same issue with Locatelli). They're too young. Nothing wrong with that. But he's not close to being a starter. I'd rather he goes on loan.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

I'd rather he sit on the bench or get loaned freeing up the RB spot for DES permanently. Every time he plays against a side not glued to the bottom of the table he gets exposed defensively. I've been saying this since day one and yesterday was no different. It's just funny people were masturbating to an assist against Palermo and a high tackling rate whilst overlooking his woeful displays against semi-decent teams. He's not ready.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
I'd rather he sit on the bench or get loaned freeing up the RB spot for DES permanently. Every time he plays against a side not glued to the bottom of the table he gets exposed defensively. I've been saying this since day one and yesterday was no different. It's just funny people were masturbating to an assist against Palermo and a high tackling rate whilst overlooking his woeful displays against semi-decent teams. He's not ready.

I also think Des should be our first rb, with abate behind him. buy a good lb this summer with antonelli as backup.

calabria should be loaned to gain stable playing time so he can actually grow.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Calabria is not ready for the first team. He needs a lot more experience. He takes WAY too long to make a decision. Far too many of his passes and crosses are blocked because he just freezes up.

He's pushes up and is energetic and makes some good tackles, but he makes far too many simple mistakes (same issue with Locatelli). They're too young. Nothing wrong with that. But he's not close to being a starter. I'd rather he goes on loan.

:thumbsup: Pretty much sums it up though you forgot to mention he always gets caught out of position whilst his defense is akin to a sieve :lol: A loan to Atalanta would be the perfect solution if they sell Conti. He'd be reunited with our Primavera old boys Petagna + Cristante too :)

Last edited:

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yes a loan move would make sense for him and I hope that he can finally have a year without too much injury problems.
I think this factor also contributes to his slower improvement because in his 2 years in first team he stayed too long on the sidelines.
it is clear that he has potential this is why he got the chance to play both under mihajlovic and montella but he needs to stay fit and play consistently.
also a loan move would make sense for Gomez as well if both paletta and Zapata stay and we sign another centerback that will start with romagnoli

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
he's starting to bald, am i the only one who noticed

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
not every young player is good, he is another fail like jose mauri, cristante, mastour, rodrigo ely. he would struggle to play in every serie a club.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
not every young player is good, he is another fail like jose mauri, cristante, mastour, rodrigo ely. he would struggle to play in every serie a club.

Bit harsh on Cristante - he could still have a decent career. He did very well in the limited game time we gave him and Benfica don't just sign anybody. He was decent at Pescara and is now at the perfect club with the perfect coach to realise his potential.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
His positional sense is horrible

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So weak defensively it is not even funny. And physically weak too

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
So weak defensively it is not even funny. And physically weak too

He's like a 10 year old. Gets out muscled way too often.. needs a loan spell next season, no need to gift him games when he isn't ready for Milan yet.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish we could somehow fuse him and De Sciglio into a fullback that's capable of both attacking and defending.
Great crossing today, sadly no one capitalized on it, horrible defensive performance

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish we could somehow fuse him and De Sciglio into a fullback that's capable of both attacking and defending.
Great crossing today, sadly no one capitalized on it, horrible defensive performance

Unfortunately that is what people want. A fullback that can attack but is shitty defensively (Aurier). DeSciglio was playing well as RB but for some reason he is crucified for the likes of Calabria though Vangioni was doing good too as LB.

Like I said before when Calabria got raped by Laxalt (one of the most technically challenged players I have seen) I did not like it at all. We are not Uefalona and doing tiki taka where the RB/LB focus is attacking not to mention we play in serie A not La Liga.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
He is a wingback not a fullback. We have to play 3-4-3 if we want to use this guy.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I know he's young, but I don't really see anything in this guy. First of all he's tiny, very bad for a defender. But he doesn't have anything to make up for it either. Speed? Technique? dribbling? positioning? strength? what?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I know he's young, but I don't really see anything in this guy. First of all he's tiny, very bad for a defender. But he doesn't have anything to make up for it either. Speed? Technique? dribbling? positioning? strength? what?

Can cross better than our fullbacks and has more imagination. Not saying he's great... a loan to Genoa would be perfect test for him.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

"but...but.. he can cross... football is about crossing..."

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Not close to being first team ready. Loan him out a couple of seasons

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can cross better than our fullbacks and has more imagination. Not saying he's great... a loan to Genoa would be perfect test for him.

1) yes, he can cross better.

2) Imagination? You mean in always getting lost on the pitch? Then yes.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
1) yes, he can cross better.

2) Imagination? You mean in always getting lost on the pitch? Then yes.

I mean that he doesn't just stick to the flank, but sometimes drifts more centrally as well. Not saying that is amazing, just different from DES and Abate. Vangioni looked better though, dunno why Montella stopped playing him.

Schedule