The epic of Dzeko

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
yes yes yes...this is what i want to see :D great sig besfort!

dzekomilan1-300x246.gif

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
i read ppl are saying here like džeko can leave wolfsburg this summer cause his contract expires. wrong he signed contract extension which expires 2013.

that doesnt mean anything Van der Vaart one years after extending his contract with hamburg was sold to RM for 13 M cuz we dont know what they signed in that contract maybe there is a clause that if milan offers 20m wolfsburg must accept just like it happened with Van der Vaart

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
i would love to see dzeko sign for us, he's practically begging for it. if we can hopefully offload hunter for atleast 10m which i think is possible. then we already covered a 3rd of the dzeko transfer fee.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
thats alot of money when you can't sell out your stadium, you're in a 3rd rate (financiall) league, you pay massive taxes cause the country is overrun with communists :-)proud:silvio:proud:), oh.. and you're in a HUGE GLOBAL ECONOMIC RECESSION..... it sucks milan live in reality unlike real madrid and man city, but its a fact. You just sound ******** cussing out management for not spending 25 million euros!

look mate its true we have economic problems...

my opinion is this...

DONT sell hunter...mates we all know that the guy just needs a little more time and will shine...

as for dzeko he is surely the stiker we HAVE to buy but 30 millions is too much...i hope we land him for 19 millions + kalatze...

its simple: we win the champions leage this year so we can have in our bank 45 millions :) seriously im not kidding...its the best solution for our problems...

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
20 million euro deal very ambitious especially with the competition within the market for the player and the fact that Wolfsburg have a very financial position the only factor on Milan side is the willingness of the player to join Milan. It can be done situations can change drastically in a matter months. If a cut price deal was agreed upon Milan would need 3 elements to combined in order to happen, 1 i would expect a open declaration by Dzeko that is wants Milan 2 a managerial change or change of ownership that prompts a new team ethic 3 a agreement with Wolfsburg that Milan will provide a extra incentive deals on Milan player a 1st option to sign certain players a loan signing extra friendly games between the clubs etc. Other than Wolfsburg spontaneous financial collapse this will be the most likely scenario needed in order to get a special deal.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
we don't decide if we win the CL though, if we did then it would be a hell of a lot easier. but we don't and it's quite unlikely that we'll win. of course i believe we'll win, but it's very doubtful.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
edit: NVM, didnt see it previously posted.

parts goal.com left out...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=699547&sec=transfers&cc=5901

"I recently spoke to Wolfsburg executives about it and they know that I would like a transfer next summer,'' Dzeko told Gazzetta dello Sport. "The story with AC Milan is not over.''

Dzeko was strongly linked with the Rossoneri last summer but despite AC Milan holding talks with the Bundesliga side, Wolfsburg refused to sell their top player.

The 23-year-old, who also attracted interest from Manchester United, insists his dream is to play with the Serie A giants.

"Manchester (United) have also shown an interest?'' he said. "I have been a fan of Milan since I was a child, when I watched their games on TV.

"It's for that reason that I really hope I can play next season there.''

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
20 million euro deal very ambitious especially with the competition within the market for the player and the fact that Wolfsburg have a very financial position the only factor on Milan side is the willingness of the player to join Milan. It can be done situations can change drastically in a matter months. If a cut price deal was agreed upon Milan would need 3 elements to combined in order to happen, 1 i would expect a open declaration by Dzeko that is wants Milan 2 a managerial change or change of ownership that prompts a new team ethic 3 a agreement with Wolfsburg that Milan will provide a extra incentive deals on Milan player a 1st option to sign certain players a loan signing extra friendly games between the clubs etc. Other than Wolfsburg spontaneous financial collapse this will be the most likely scenario needed in order to get a special deal.

It's about where the player wants to go too.

Example 1 : 2 years back city was willing to spend around 40 million for Dinho, but we offered 24 and got him.

Example 2 : City offered 100 million for Kaka and Real 67. We gave Kaka to Madrid. Both cases the players wanted to go to the club that offered cheaper money.

So if financial situation is bad or not, if the player says he wants to play somewhere and is adament, there's not much a club can do.

And if the buyout clause is there, again not much the club can do. One recent example of VDV mentioned above. Barca had a buyout clause of just 21 million for the real Ronaldo and Inter just paid that amount to get him as the player wanted to go and they were willing to match his buyout clause. So if the buyout clause is 20 million and Dzeko wants to come here, 20 million is all we need to pay to get in negotiations with the player and buy him.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
ronaldo's buyout clause for inteR (at the time) was seen as enormous... transfer record.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Dzeko situation is hardly like the Ronnie situation both the player and the club wanted a parting of ways, in fact i remember at first there was the potiential to get ronnie for 14-16 million euros the price of course bloomed as soon as city demonstrated some serious interest. A regime came into Barcelona as a result the management where willing to sell in order to buy plus we had a pre existing relationship with the barca management since Milan were negotiating for Zambrotta as well.

Wolfsburg will sell if the situation support the sell of the Dzeko but they won't offer a cut price deal for the player unless we offer them something in return.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ronaldo's buyout clause for inteR (at the time) was seen as enormous... transfer record.

Still 21 million for Ronaldo was a steal. at age 19 he had a 34 goal season with Barcelona and was looking unstoppable.If Ronaldo did not want to go to Inter, there were teams willing to pay 2x to 3x times more.

Another reason I think Dzeko will come here for around 20 is cos he stayed loyal to his current club even though he wanted to come last year itself to Milan. Wolfsberg wanted him in thier CL campaign. He extended his contract when he could have walked for free at the end of this season so that his current club can earn somethin wen he moves. Dzeko is telling every day that he has already told his club management that next year he wants to play for us, so I am sure they will come to some solution. He rejected the Man U move himself. If the player wants to go , there's not much a club can do as no one wants to keep an unhappy player for too long. That's the reason we also keep increasing our player wages like what we had being doing to Sheva, Kaka etc in the past and wen we raised Pato's salary and gave him a new contract now, so that the player won't get dissatisfied and asks a tranfer to somewhere else. In Dzeko's case, he wants to play somewhere else and u can't say no to that for too long. This case is completely in Galliani's court now. If he spends 20 million, he is all ours I am sure. We have to sell Hunter 10-15 million . I'd also like Dinho to be shipped after this year for over 20 million to city and that money should be enough to get a winger/OMF type of player and Dzeko. Will rejuvinate and make our attack trident much more younger , faster and better.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Still 21 million for Ronaldo was a steal. at age 19 he had a 34 goal season with Barcelona and was looking unstoppable.If Ronaldo did not want to go to Inter, there were teams willing to pay 2x to 3x times more.

depends on your definition of steal...

before him world record fee was 15 mil for alan shearer... and before that it was 13 mil for lentini :-)proud::proud::proud:). Not saying a 21 year old ronaldo wasn't worth a world record transfer fee....

but i'm saying 19 mil then, was like 50 mil now.... it was double most 'large transfer fee's paid at the time. Granted if you're gonn break the record, doing it for a world proven barely 21 year old natural striker is the right move. But it was a STEEP fee at the time. Hardly comparable to a 20 mil buyout these days.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
thats alot of money when you can't sell out your stadium, you're in a 3rd rate (financiall) league, you pay massive taxes cause the country is overrun with communists :-)proud:silvio:proud:), oh.. and you're in a HUGE GLOBAL ECONOMIC RECESSION..... it sucks milan live in reality unlike real madrid and man city, but its a fact. You just sound ******** cussing out management for not spending 25 million euros!

Umm no, no I didn't bad mouth management for not wanting to spending 25mil but just pointed out they will never spend that much on 1 player yet pull something stupid like extend a contract for a old, high salary player that will benchwarm most of the time, not bring in many results and in the end barely save any money at all. Like they did with favalli, brought in onyewu instead o buying some solid low cost backup that wouldn't make them bite fingernails every time either silva or nesta get injured.

Now not spending at least 25mil in the next summer market on multiple players for a out of date/high profile team like milan that direly needs reinforcements if the 2 really want to make some profits? If that happens AGAIN than i will indeed bash the shit out the 2 no matter how ******** you think it sounds.

Oh and BTW. Milan DONT live in a reality. Neither do Real or shitty but thats a different kind of BS world. Reality is like what manu did with ronaldo. Sold a player for big bucks yet still bought ''low cost'' potential players that can replace him and still keep the club competitive/keep the interest in the club hight and capable of making profits. B&G sold a hight cost player and bought no one (and again this is superhigh average age milan were talking about) part of hunt yet they now still expect winning/profits/interests/TV deals............

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Umm no, no I didn't bad mouth management for not wanting to spending 25mil but just pointed out they will never spend that much on 1 player yet pull something stupid like extend a contract for a old, high salary player that will benchwarm most of the time, not bring in many results and in the end barely save any money at all. Like they did with favalli, brought in onyewu instead o buying some solid low cost backup that wouldn't make them bite fingernails every time either silva or nesta get injured.

Now not spending at least 25mil in the next summer market on multiple players for a out of date/high profile team like milan that direly needs reinforcements if the 2 really want to make some profits? If that happens AGAIN than i will indeed bash the shit out the 2 no matter how ******** you think it sounds.

Oh and BTW. Milan DONT live in a reality. Neither do Real or shitty but thats a different kind of BS world. Reality is like what manu did with ronaldo. Sold a player for big bucks yet still bought ''low cost'' potential players that can replace him and still keep the club competitive/keep the interest in the club hight and capable of making profits. B&G sold a hight cost player and bought no one (and again this is superhigh average age milan were talking about) part of hunt yet they now still expect winning/profits/interests/TV deals............

+1. Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world and if we have any intention of remaining as a big club, we have to spend money. We sold Kaka for 67 million and Georcuff for 15 million and this is to go with a savings of 13 million annual wages of Kaka and some other salary savings. And we get some players who are not fit enough to start for a CL club like Milan. Hunter was not our first choice striker and can do nothin on his own. Roma and Gooch were useless signings for filling up space. Waste 2 million an year giving both of em salary for no reason. Di Gannero and Abate got back is a good sign, but both of em are raw and not starter quality now. They r reliable backups as best. A club like Milan needs world class players atleast in the starting 11 and stars are needed if they expect the seats to be filled and if they expect some TV rights and sponsors. All big clubs have no issues spending 25 million on good players. Real and Barca and City and Chelsea obviously overspend. But even clubs like Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham, Lyon and Munich and Italians clubs like Inter and Juve have no problem spending for players. Juve and Inter also plays in the struggling economy country. Clubs like Fiorentina, Genoa are outbidding us and that is cos our management is cheap. And none of them have as empty a stadium as ours.

We spend a lot to get Gilardino ( 24 million ) and sold him at a loss ( 9 million loss , sold for 15 million ), we spend a lot to get Oliviera ( 17 million ) and again sold at a loss (13 million sale - 4 million loss and reports say we still have not recieved the money), we got Hunter and he again looks useless now and if we wait till summer, we might again sell at a loss ( atleast 5 million loss ). That's a loss of 18 million ( 27 million when we consider that we still have not got paid for Oliviera transfer) for 3 strikers we didn't need. Instead of trying to be cheap, if we could have got one good solid striker now, it would have been much better for our team now as we would not have needed anyone now. Dzeko is one such striker, is only 23 and loves to play in Milan. He's on his way to becoming world class. If we sell Hunterlaar and spend an additional 5-10 million we will get him and in the long run that is well worth it than selling Hunter, buying another 29 year old cheap option , losing him for nothin in 1 year or 2 and doing the same thing we were doing since Sheva left - buy the cheapest option among the players available who doens't fit our system . I think someone should teach our useless management some finance and econ to make them realize what they are doing doesn't make any sense !!

Last edited:

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
+1. Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world and if we have any intention of remaining as a big club, we have to spend money. We sold Kaka for 67 million and Georcuff for 15 million and this is to go with a savings of 13 million annual wages of Kaka and some other salary savings. And we get some players who are not fit enough to start for a CL club like Milan. Hunter was not our first choice striker and can do nothin on his own. Roma and Gooch were useless signings for filling up space. Waste 2 million an year giving both of em salary for no reason. Di Gannero and Abate got back is a good sign, but both of em are raw and not starter quality now. They r reliable backups as best. A club like Milan needs world class players atleast in the starting 11 and stars are needed if they expect the seats to be filled and if they expect some TV rights and sponsors. All big clubs have no issues spending 25 million on good players. Real and Barca and City and Chelsea obviously overspend. But even clubs like Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham, Lyon and Munich and Italians clubs like Inter and Juve have no problem spending for players. Juve and Inter also plays in the struggling economy country. Clubs like Fiorentina, Genoa are outbidding us and that is cos our management is cheap. And none of them have as empty a stadium as ours.

We spend a lot to get Gilardino ( 24 million ) and sold him at a loss ( 9 million loss , sold for 15 million ), we spend a lot to get Oliviera ( 17 million ) and again sold at a loss (13 million sale - 4 million loss and reports say we still have not recieved the money), we got Hunter and he again looks useless now and if we wait till summer, we might again sell at a loss ( atleast 5 million loss ). That's a loss of 18 million ( 27 million when we consider that we still have not got paid for Oliviera transfer) for 3 strikers we didn't need. Instead of trying to be cheap, if we could have got one good solid striker now, it would have been much better for our team now as we would not have needed anyone now. Dzeko is one such striker, is only 23 and loves to play in Milan. He's on his way to becoming world class. If we sell Hunterlaar and spend an additional 5-10 million we will get him and in the long run that is well worth it than selling Hunter, buying another 29 year old cheap option , losing him for nothin in 1 year or 2 and doing the same thing we were doing since Sheva left - buy the cheapest option among the players available who doens't fit our system . I think someone should teach our useless management some finance and econ to make them realize what they are doing doesn't make any sense !!

Kaka's annual wages where 20 million & set to go up 2 million every year.

Milan will receive the money from Oliviera in the very near future & it would'nt surprise me if they have already got it because this story would be over everywhere if Milan where having big trouble getting it. Milan will either have received it or have an agreement as to when they will receive it.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's about where the player wants to go too.

Example 1 : 2 years back city was willing to spend around 40 million for Dinho, but we offered 24 and got him.

Example 2 : City offered 100 million for Kaka and Real 67. We gave Kaka to Madrid. Both cases the players wanted to go to the club that offered cheaper money.

So if financial situation is bad or not, if the player says he wants to play somewhere and is adament, there's not much a club can do.

And if the buyout clause is there, again not much the club can do. One recent example of VDV mentioned above. Barca had a buyout clause of just 21 million for the real Ronaldo and Inter just paid that amount to get him as the player wanted to go and they were willing to match his buyout clause. So if the buyout clause is 20 million and Dzeko wants to come here, 20 million is all we need to pay to get in negotiations with the player and buy him.

Manchester City are crazy & offer figures that are not from the real world & the fact that they offer them figures make the people turn them down even more because it is so stupid.

68 million for Kaka' was crazy as well & the fact that Milan paid 19 million of their own money for Ronaldinho was also too much, but when you consider he was 60 million the year before I guess it was OK.

Milan sadly live in the real world & with Berlusconi not investing, they are either in order or there is no Milan & luckily they are in order & the team still exists.

It is sickening to see adebt ridden club like Madrid cheating & to see them suffer is ajoy to be hold no matter what it is from.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Manchester City are crazy & offer figures that are not from the real world & the fact that they offer them figures make the people turn them down even more because it is so stupid.

68 million for Kaka' was crazy as well & the fact that Milan paid 19 million of their own money for Ronaldinho was also too much, but when you consider he was 60 million the year before I guess it was OK.

Milan sadly live in the real world & with Berlusconi not investing, they are either in order or there is no Milan & luckily they are in order & the team still exists.

It is sickening to see adebt ridden club like Madrid cheating & to see them suffer is ajoy to be hold no matter what it is from.

Madrid is an exception with City and Barcalona. All 3 are spending money like grow on trees. But other clubs - Liverpool, Man U,Juventus, Bayern , Inter even Fiorentina and Genoa and having better tranfer seasons than us and that is not cos Milan lives in a real world, it's cos Berlu is damn cheap. He got 100 million from sale of players and if he can't invest atleast a smal portion of that to improve what we really want, we are in a mess.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Madrid is an exception with City and Barcalona. All 3 are spending money like grow on trees. But other clubs - Liverpool, Man U,Juventus, Bayern , Inter even Fiorentina and Genoa and having better tranfer seasons than us and that is not cos Milan lives in a real world, it's cos Berlu is damn cheap. He got 100 million from sale of players and if he can't invest atleast a smal portion of that to improve what we really want, we are in a mess.

i agree with that for sure. I definitely want us to be more economically sound from here on out. But why the fuck did we sell Kaka and Gourcuff, 2 of the best players in the world and invest none of it???? We can at least afford to splash a little on Edin. Then for our other 2-4 buys, we can go cheaper (for me, preferrably italian)

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would be more than disappointed if we were to miss out on Dzeko. This is just one of those guys that NEEDS to be on this team. He has absolutely everything we need to partner Pato in attack, and he desperately wants to play for Milan. Not to mention the fact that he looks like he will soon be, or may already be, a world class player. If you compare him to guys that have lit Italy on fire in the last few years (particularly Pazzini and Toni), then you'll see that he blows those guys out of the water talent wise and physically.

Give me Dzeko, Hernanes or Krasic, two young Italian defenders, and Marshetti... I'd be absolutely thrilled with that type of transfer campaign.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Edin Dzeko Will Not Move To AC Milan In January - Agent

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/11/17/1630454/edin-dzeko-will-not-move-to-ac-milan-in-january-agent

Dzeko's agent has played down the excitement regarding a move to Milan...

Nov 17, 2009 3:48:57 PM

Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko is unlikely to join AC Milan in January as his agent gives a downhearted response to a move, despite the striker claiming he wanted to join the Italian side.

Dzeko reminded everyone that he still has feelings for Milan in an interview with La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"The story with Milan is not over," said the hitman.

"I have already told Wolfsburg's directors that I want to leave and transfer to Milan. I have always been a Milan fan and I want to become a Rossonero in June."

However, Irfan Redzepagic has uncovered his views, stating that a move to the San Siro is still a long shot.

"The contacts with Milan and Wolfsburg go back to the summer. Therefore its not possible to talk about a transfer as there is no real conditions," the agent told Calciomercato.it.

"The player has a contract with Wolfsburg and he is busy in the Bundesliga. As things stand, I can exclude a January move."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

:(

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But we already knew he aint coming this winter man.

Im also all for being financially healthy/sustainable by profits............ The more we distance ourselves from the shitty english debt ridden clubs, real the better however in order to do that the club needs to lay a solid foundation first not build on this existing one thats literally decaying. Buy someone like krasic to replace dinho, someone to replace dorf, solve the FB DISASTER and than in summer make the last sacrifice for dzeko. After that by all means, god bless start buying the low cost adiyiahs, and all other players with potential or start thinking about the primavera in a bigger way. Than you can take the sustainable by profits road and no one will say shit.

Until than buying adiyiah and beckham and all other free players is nothing else but being CHEAP. And dont fucking blame it on the recessions since, if you read the papers, in casa berlusoni there aint no such thing not to mention there are serie A clubs with no where near as a big bank account as berlu outspending us yet you cant possibly define them as mad as real/shitty. Smart investing more like it.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Yeah, Dzeko in January was never a possible option.....

We need Dzeko to replace Borriello, Huntelaar and Inzaghi, and then Paloschi and/or Borriello as backup.....

Krasic will be a good signing, though, we need to sell Ronaldinho first

We actually have enough defenders, sure, the fullbacks are not those we want, but they have to leave first for new ones

But we do need backup wingers and midfielders to join us

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
according to sportsport.ba bosnian web portal, wolfsburg coach armin veh will not stop džeko to sign for either milan, or united or city but only if appropriate sum of money is offered.
http://sportsport.ba/ino_fudbalp-26932.htm

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
according to sportsport.ba bosnian web portal, wolfsburg coach armin veh will not stop džeko to sign for either milan, or united or city but only if appropriate sum of money is offered.

milan offer 20....man utd offer 22.... city offer 50 :head::head::head:

fuck that

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
milan offer 20....man utd offer 22.... city offer 50 :head::head::head:

fuck that

Dzeko snubs United, snubs City, snubs snubs snubs them all......

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I dont think we have to worry about Dzeko.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Money wont make him trade Milan for another club.. except for Barça or Real.