Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The difference is guys like CR7, Robben, Robery, Manzadukic, Muller and all of the great players played well elsewhere.....whether it's their previous club, the national team etc.

Messi is only Messi with Barcelona....when he plays for Argentina he's a different level player....not shit by any means....but closer to a Ribery/Robben. CR7's level doesn't drop that much for Portugal even though that team's level is far beneath his club. CR7 also won his WOPY and Golden Ball in England.

When you add up:
referee dick sucking
+ World Class players in every position
+ His natural talents
+ Been playing with the same core of guys (Iniesta and Xavi) since he was 13 years old
= You get (unfair?) advantages that perhaps no player in history ever had

Not sure any of that is true.

He's argentina's second all time leading goal scorer. He currently leads south american qualifiers in goals.

Heck in last 2+ years he's scored 18 goals in 16 NT games.

It took him longer to produce his club form w/ NT, but he's done it.

Also lets note, he's exact same age maradona was in 1986, Ronaldo was in 2002.

The narrative he doesn't perform for NT is really not true. Just like other BS arguments in sport like Ronaldo and Zlatan being chokers, LBJ being a choker etc. etc.

also edges no player had, i'd argue most players in history had it when player movement was less prevelant and less fixtures meant more training rest.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Edit: He scored 10 in qualifiers, Suarez got 11.

he played less qualifiers tho.

Don't know assists but he racked up a lot. Def most goals + assists.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Messi has been amazing for Argentina since sabella took over.

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how people can say CR7 performs with his national team, I don't recall him being injured too much during the qualifiers but Portugal needed to go through the play offs, hardly the standard you'd expect from Portugal.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Not sure any of that is true.

He's argentina's second all time leading goal scorer. He currently leads south american qualifiers in goals.

Heck in last 2+ years he's scored 18 goals in 16 NT games.

It took him longer to produce his club form w/ NT, but he's done it.

Also lets note, he's exact same age maradona was in 1986, Ronaldo was in 2002.

The narrative he doesn't perform for NT is really not true. Just like other BS arguments in sport like Ronaldo and Zlatan being chokers, LBJ being a choker etc. etc.

also edges no player had, i'd argue most players in history had it when player movement was less prevelant and less fixtures meant more training rest.
preach

the goals and wins just make haters look petty, I dont like messi or even crissy but they are just one of the greatest players ever.

Messi will break everything in the football records the way he is going

Production is off the charts

if you are not holding your team back and you are producing I dont see how can an individual be blamed for a teams loss?

Fucking shit logic, use that only to troll ples :

in the same vein Maldini is the greatest choker of all time with national team, won none with national team but won most with club.

Crap logic, if you want to troll its fine but when you believe it I just dont need any part of your footballing thought process NONE

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
no fucking way you're gonna decide who's the best, you won't because you can't

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Neymar's a diving fuck. Disgraceful refereeing. Real didn't deserve to lose. What a shame.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Hey m3$$! pahnz:

How many goals does Messi have in the World Cup?
1goal in TWO tournaments? :proud: Much bgp. Many awards. Wow.
If FIFA want him to win the WC, they'll have to start "helping" him out the way UEFA and BBVA do......probably they could follow el farcico and give him two free penalties every match.....he'll break Ronaldo's record in no time :o

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Hey m3$$! pahnz:

If FIFA want him to win the WC, they'll have to start "helping" him out the way UEFA and BBVA do......probably they could follow el farcico and give him two free penalties every match.....he'll break Ronaldo's record in no time :o
Nice goal.com comment section impression. :thumbsup:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Hey m3$$! pahnz:

Well he needed 2 free PK's to beat us back in 2012(back when he was at his best and back when Barca were under Pep too)
I don't care how many stats anyone brings up...you can't be the best player of all time when a 36 year old Nesta absolutely dominates you in every fucking way

As for El Clasico...it's fucking GAY
It's an event where millions of people around the globe dedicate a 2 hour long fapping session to their boy crushes Messi or CR7
Not my kinda thing...I don't roll that way

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well he needed 2 free PK's to beat us back in 2012(back when he was at his best and back when Barca were under Pep too)
I don't care how many stats anyone brings up...you can't be the best player of all time when a 36 year old Nesta absolutely dominates you in every fucking way

It's an event where millions of people around the globe dedicate a 2 hour long fapping session to their boy crushes Messi or CR7

:thumbsup:

It's so annoying. Both get an inflated number of goals due to penalties and free kicks.... Then this somehow makes them the best eeeevaaaaar :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Are you seriously doubting the scoring abilities of Ronaldo and Messi? Like seriously? :lol:

Take away Messi's goals and you're still left with the best creative forward in the world (maybe Totti has a claim):

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
See...person above me is one of the million people around the globe that dedicate a 2 hour long fapping session to CR7 or Messi(or both) every El Clasico

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nesta was a better reader of the ball than any defender since Baresi. A lot of the recent greats probably got headaches thinking about playing him.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The Messi doesn't play well for Argentina doesn't fly anymore. I think he is the leading scorer and assist man for them.

10 goals in south american qualifiers.

second to suarez who has 11 (and played 2 or 3 more games)

and most goals + assists.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
how messi record againts european big countries?italy, spain, argentina, german??

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
See...person above me is one of the million people around the globe that dedicate a 2 hour long fapping session to CR7 or Messi(or both) every El Clasico

Maybe we're the old farts breh.....maybe football has passed us by and we're irrelevant now :D

Whatever the case...there were guys like Edgar Davids, Montero, GATTUSO, MALDINI, Stam, Nesta, Cannavaro (Ronaldo said he was scared of Canna though :D ) etc for the old guard...the Ronaldo's Ronaldinho's and Zidanes to beat....Who does Messi have to fight with? Only Thiago Silva, Kompany could even be mentioned in the same sentence with the aforementioned players.

People don't look at football holistically
1) Football is more commercialized than ever before
2) Because of #1, it is imperative that the game appeal to the n00bz, the casual fans Ashishes etc
3) As a result of #2, it has been tipped further in favour of the attackers
4) If you don't believe in #3...just take a look at how many and how quickly attacking records are broken today....just a generation ago...Messi's and CR7's goal tallies only existed in the lower leagues like in Holland and Portugal....nowadays substitute strikers score 20 goals per season. Penalties and free kicks are being handed out all the time every time. I'm pretty sure that Real and Barca on average get at least a penalty every other game. Even the fucking football is being geared towards the attacker. It travels faster, further and easier last world cup Buffon and co. complained about it. Journalists called it a beach ball....consider the evolution from a heavy leather water gathering sack it used to be in Pele's day

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
The Messi doesn't play well for Argentina doesn't fly anymore. I think he is the leading scorer and assist man for them.

Yup.

I wasn't a big fan of Messi some years ago, thought he was being extremely overrated (and he is), but at one point, you have to just sit back and question if what you're doing is mindless hating cause everything else is pointing at the fact that he is one of the greatest ever (I'm not saying he's best ever, I find that to be relative and subjective, but its dumb to not acknowledge he is already among them), the way he scores, the amount of goals, the assists, his dribbling. And he's improving A LOT with his NT, which was the main criticism to his game. He's leading Argentina, his taking responsibility and he's the main player in what is becoming a very solid Argentina NT. He is in such an insane level, that we're pointing those few games where he doesn't show up to bring up as an example of why he's not on the same level as other past greats (same goes for Cristiano).

PS. Argentina is not a european country and Messi plays for them.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Nesta was a better reader of the ball than any defender since Baresi. A lot of the recent greats probably got headaches thinking about playing him.

Well R9 destroyed a Prime Nesta back in the 90s for all it's worth
Very few players are capable of this feat...Messi was not capable of it

Nesta is one of the best...it's just that if you can't beat him then you can't compete for the GOAT Award

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe we're the old farts breh.....maybe football has passed us by and we're irrelevant now :D

Whatever the case...there were guys like Edgar Davids, Montero, GATTUSO, MALDINI, Stam, Nesta, Cannavaro (Ronaldo said he was scared of Canna though :D ) etc for the old guard...the Ronaldo's Ronaldinho's and Zidanes to beat....Who does Messi have to fight with? Only Thiago Silva, Kompany could even be mentioned in the same sentence with the aforementioned players.

People don't look at football holistically
1) Football is more commercialized than ever before
2) Because of #1, it is imperative that the game appeal to the n00bz, the casual fans Ashishes etc
3) As a result of #2, it has been tipped further in favour of the attackers
4) If you don't believe in #3...just take a look at how many and how quickly attacking records are broken today....just a generation ago...Messi's and CR7's goal tallies only existed in the lower leagues like in Holland and Portugal....nowadays substitute strikers score 20 goals per season. Penalties and free kicks are being handed out all the time every time. I'm pretty sure that Real and Barca on average get at least a penalty every other game. Even the fucking football is being geared towards the attacker. It travels faster, further and easier last world cup Buffon and co. complained about it. Journalists called it a beach ball....consider the evolution from a heavy leather water gathering sack it used to be in Pele's day

Well I'm not old...I'm only 18(I'll be about 19 on less then 2 weeks or so)
I just don't really care about El Clasico Propaganda
I watched El Clasico with my dad a few times and I was bored
Every match it seemed like they were beating each-other up or something...reminded me of those corny Fake Reality Shows
Players being way too vicious to one another for no reason at all they were behaving like Crazy Ultras and it was so fake...I bet all those scenarios were scripted by Perez and Rosell to get more people to watch
Besides most of today's RM and Barca fans are Shitty Gloryhunters who don't know shit about Football

On a side-note...good god..the fans are so lame....no coreography or anything like that...that is so boring
And I don't really consider El Clasico to be a Derby anyway cuz they're not even from the same City
It's just the most Boring Big Match to me...I'd rather sleep than watch it
I mean I don't care about other teams then Milan anyways...but I can easily watch a game like the Manchester Derby or something..at least they're somewhat entertaining

Basically it felt to me that El Clasico appeals to the lowest common denominator
In matches like The Milan Derby(even though it's been crap for years) players play the game they don't beat each-other up
And it's a true derby in the sense that Milan Fans and Inter Fans in Italy hate each-other and you can feel the passion from the Stadium...from the Fans insulting each-other etc.
While the players just do their jobs

Last edited:

Vialli_92

Primavera
Reaction score
If u take both Ronaldo and Messi's goals and assists away and watch their overall contribution Messi wins this clearly. If Ronaldo doesn't score in a game he is anonymous a lot of the times. He is a pure goal scorer and is pretty damn good at it.

Messi will still contribute a lot over the 90 minutes without scoring or assisting. He drags defenders with him and has people man marking which opens up the space for his team to play in. He is always looking to get on the ball and start attacks where as Ronaldo likes to get on the end of things rather than start the build up or get involved in it.

2 different players by a long shot, completely different styles. I would chose Messi every time though as he is just a magician. I'm not a fan of Penalties as it gives false impressions of performances but that 2nd penalty there was so much pressure on it for Messi i thought he was going to miss it like he did against Chelsea but he rifled it into the top corner making it unsaveable instead of going for an easy option in such a difficult situation.

I personally think Ronaldo is a little over rated for the above comments i made, he is still a fantastic goal scorer though and nobody can question that.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
lol real just lost la liga, they were leading the league a couple of days ago and now they're out of the race, incredible. don't tell me it's still early to say.. no it is not, it's all over for them...

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I love Diego Costa, he is so awesome.

Strong, great goalscorer, very likable guy.

Mexes_5

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kaka, Mexes, Pazzini
what the hell is likeable about Costa?

Guy is a complete knob :lol: