Stephan El Shaarawy Thread

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am glad he scored and it should do well for his confidence but my expectation are low for this kid. Not because he not potential but b/c Milan has not shown me they have the patience on developing talent. By this time next year, this kid could be on some co-own loan BS.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
he showed great workrate and I think he would have done more had Cassano decided to actually pass to him when he was open a ton, it seemed like a lot of the older players really didnt want to pass pass him the ball

Yup, everytime he was open/free, who ever had the ball decided to play it inside instead, it was annoyin.

He did ok, he didnt do anything wrong, but wasnt great (like wow) he was just neat and tidy. He did look lost at times tho, but i put that down to his age and being asked to play out of position. Also he has come on when Milan havent been playin well or having to chase the game, so its hard for youngsters to get into the game. His goal gave him confidence, he started to look for the ball more after it. He has to start lookin for the ball more, instead of waitin for it to come to him. Sooner he starts doin this, then we can hopfully start to see what type of player he is goin to become.

The quicker Ibra, Binho & Pato come the better for him also, because at this stage of his career, he doesnt look comfortable playin right at top.

At the moment I think him playin out on the wing would help his development but there is no chance of us going 433/4231. So it will be interestin to see what position he plays once everyone is back and if he makes the matchday squad/subs bench.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
His movement not like a 18-19 years old player, I hope we could expect a lot from him.
After Pato looked fail to carry the big burden in forward, I wish ES 92 can be the next big player for us, something that we've lost for many years.
:proud:

Fiero

Reaction score
Egypt is proud of you son. :proud:

Loved his celebration. My favorite ever.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
This kid is good, scored a good goal on his serie A debut, a goal that avoided us from defeat. Ffs the team need to trust him more. I'm sure he will deliver. Forza El Shaa

Ibra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Van Basten, Van Bommel, Ibra, Inzaghi, Maldini, Silva, Gattuso
This kid is good, scored a good goal on his serie A debut, a goal that avoided us from defeat. Ffs the team need to trust him more. I'm sure he will deliver. Forza El Shaa

He need a serious haircut. And have to agree with some, he isn't trusted with the ball by some of our players, yet he is trusted by the coach to play. He need some of that trust and confidence in order to calm down and get integrated into the team properly.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Thanks kid, great backing from the coach

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he has already payed off! sooo happy looks like s madcunt with the haircut this team has samuris mohawks jesus cuts and sooo on

allegri could of easily gone the safer option and put on pippo or even emmanuelson but to my surprise elsha came on and prooved he can legit mix it with the big boys!

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
bright future, hope to see more of him

I didnt watch the game so cant really comment on him overall, just saw the goal, great shot into the corner :thumbsup:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Great goal.. saved so many asses tonight.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't forget that Paloschi scored a goal in 18 seconds when he was younger and Pato's debut started with him scoring against Napoli and looked even more impressive (I am not writing him off but after 1 ES92 goal everyone seems to be writing Pato off:fp::fp:).

Kid got potential to be good. But still he's not good enough to be suddenly put in the starting 11 over any of our attackers or suddently calls for being in the National team.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he has a long way ahead of him

thanx for the goal, keep on growing

FORZA EL92

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Good goal,shite celebration.By the looks of it ,he already thinks his a star,and i just hope thats not the case.We need this kid to turn out good.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy

Kid's obviously got great potential. Scored a nice goal against Udinese too. Hope he turns out to be the real deal. Will be very interesting to watch him develop.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I liked him the first game much more than the seconds to be honest.
He was way chaotic for my liking.
But as I said in the game thread it a good start considering he scored when we were struggling.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The question that we should ask our selves come season's end is,

Was half the contract of 18 year old Shaarawy worth 5m + Merkel?

Merkel at 18 was very good to us, very good. Ofcourse it's still to early to judge El Shaarawy, but I am still a bit bitter in letting half of Merkel's contract go - that kid was truly a special player.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Goal against the best goalkeeper italian in football history:eek::eek:, left him standing still, what a debut.:thumbsup:

Some of the players expected to much from him thoe like trying to play quick 1,2s with him @ the edge of the box, why he gave the ball away to much.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
I liked him the first game much more than the seconds to be honest.
He was way chaotic for my liking.
But as I said in the game thread it a good start considering he scored when we were struggling.

I agree. Hopefully Allegri has some talk about positioning in private until next game cause it felt like El was in the wrong position most of the time.

He seemed a little bit shy as well but that is understandable because he is not used to play for a big team like Milan.

Impressive to score on the only good chance he had though.

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Praise the young fella... he needs encouragement.

If you're good enough you're old enough.

In Maldini's case, you're not old enough.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
hitman... we probably would ge Merkel back to develop with us

Dont you wish we had paloschi too... i really like merkel, he can probably link up with el shaarawy and build us a future... thats IF we let the senatores go

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
The question that we should ask our selves come season's end is,

Was half the contract of 18 year old Shaarawy worth 5m + Merkel?

Merkel at 18 was very good to us, very good. Ofcourse it's still to early to judge El Shaarawy, but I am still a bit bitter in letting half of Merkel's contract go - that kid was truly a special player.

I truely believe El Shaarawy is better and has more potential than Merkel.

Both Merkel and Strasser have the skill and potential to become WC. I really hope they prove themselves this season and they come back to be at least squad players next year when the likes of Ambro, Seedorf, Gattuso, And MVB leave.

If we really want to get merkel back we can...but hopefully he benefits with Genoa by getting some minutes.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
El Shaarawy is far better then Merkel, Merkel is nothing special imo.

Strasser is better then Merkel.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Strasser is 22 ? Merkel and ES92 are 18.

Merkel had some fabulous games last year against Arsenal and Munich I believe in the pre season and showed much more (he got a lot more time also). I thought his biggest problem was that he got tired and faded away from games fast.

ES92 scored a goal game 2, but he's a SS and they r expected to score more. He has potential too. But he hasn't showed enough to be rated as a world class talent in his 2 appearances.

I'd like to have both here and develop into fine players.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Strasser is 22 ? Merkel and ES92 are 18.

Merkel had some fabulous games last year against Arsenal and Munich I believe in the pre season and showed much more (he got a lot more time also). I thought his biggest problem was that he got tired and faded away from games fast.

ES92 scored a goal game 2, but he's a SS and they r expected to score more. He has potential too. But he hasn't showed enough to be rated as a world class talent in his 2 appearances.

I'd like to have both here and develop into fine players.

I also would like Merkel back. It seems he wont get as much exposure in Genoa as we wanted...

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I just hope they are good enough to make the kind of impact players like Gotze, Cleverley and Welbeck, Thiago etc have done, to be inserted into the first team and shine without having to depend on senior players.

Schedule