The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Friend of Ibrahimovic: “Zlatan is not in a hurry. He said several times that he wanted to end his career in Naples”

Swedish journalist and friend of Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Jennifer Wegerup – has provided some important statements about the striker’s future.

The Rossoneri have seemingly made Ibrahimovic their primary target for the January window, with the 38-year-old now a free agent having left previous club LA Galaxy.

However Milan are not alone in their pursuit, as Napoli continue to be linked with a move for the former PSG man, with Gennaro Gattuso having just been officially named as their new head coach.

Furthermore, Arena Napoli claimed on Tuesday that Everton officials – who are also in the process of finding a new manager – have put together a lucrative package to try and lure Zlatan back to England.

Now, Wegerup – a close friend of Ibra – has given an update on the situation during an interview with SportMediaset. MilanNews.it transcribed her words.

“Full of doubts maybe not but it’s not a done thing. Zlatan knows that this will be his last club, his last adventure,” she began.

“He will never play in Sweden again, he will probably end up with one last adventure in Italy and he wants a perfect contract and that everything is perfect.

“He certainly wants 18 months, at that age you are no longer a boy, you also want to fix the family, he is not satisfied with six months. The most important thing for Zlatan at this moment is the fact of arriving and to capture people’s love.”

On Napoli: “In 2010 after Napoli-Milan I spoke with him and he told me that the city was fantastic, as was the atmosphere.

“He said several times that he wanted to end his career in Naples and then he never played in southern Italy. It’s true that he could be very happy in Milano and at AC Milan but he is tempted to be the heir of Maradona.”

On the idea that his wife Helena could influence the choice: “Absolutely not, she is very intelligent and strong, he decides. What commands is Zlatan’s career.”

We reported via our mercato expert on Tuesday evening that optimism from Milan regarding the signing of Ibrahimovic has grown to the extent that Zvonomir Boban hopes to unveil the striker on Sunday before the game against Sassuolo.

On that idea, Wegerup responded: “I think life taught me never to say never, it could be, but Zlatan won’t have all this haste. He’s not in a hurry. Clubs may be in a hurry but he is less.”

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Friend of Ibrahimovic: “Zlatan is not in a hurry. He said several times that he wanted to end his career in Naples”

He could literally fly to training every day from Milano to Napoli on his private jet. Make his wife happy. It's like an hour or so flight.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
As you know, I've never believed Ibra-Milan was a real thing. I'd be shocked if it happens.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Just secure Cavani for free next summer if Ibra snubs a Milan return(again)

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As you know, I've never believed Ibra-Milan was a real thing. I'd be shocked if it happens.

Gattuso said in his press conference he is going to play a 4-3-3. Napoli already have a ton of wingers in Insigne, Lozano, Callejon, Mertens, Younes. Not to mention they already have Milik and Llorente at CF. I don't really see a lot of room there at the moment even for Ibra unless they plan on shipping someone out. And is ADL going to really outbid for Ibra? He's usually pretty picky/cheap himself.

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Gattuso said in his press conference he is going to play a 4-3-3. Napoli already have a ton of wingers in Insigne, Lozano, Callejon, Mertens, Younes. Not to mention they already have Milik and Llorente as CF. I don't really see a lot of room there at the moment even for Ibra unless they plan on shipping someone out.

Callejon and Mertens look to be gone next month. Kessie + cash for Insigne might actually be considered.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never in a million years would i thought a croatian club wold be miles better than milan.

Amazing...

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Rino will be dismissed at the end of the season.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Just secure Cavani for free next summer if Ibra snubs a Milan return(again)

Why would Cavani at this age want to come here? I don't see us being able to convince him.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Imagine losing your shit, cause an ex MLS player might not come and asks for huge salary :proud: he comes - ok, doesnt - fuck him. Zlatan has always been a self obsessed asshole. He loves only himself, not Milan or anything else.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Why would Cavani at this age want to come here? I don't see us being able to convince him.

He's soon to be 33. That alone gives Milan a chance and a return to Italy would be a good move for him.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He's soon to be 33. That alone gives Milan a chance and a return to Italy would be a good move for him.

Maybe it's a tale of PSG strikers. Cavani will flirt with Napoli only to join us, while Ibra goes to Napoli.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Cavani si. Always wanted him here. If we somehow manage to turn this season around, I can see him coming. Not like he's being chased by real madrid or man city.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Gattuso said in his press conference he is going to play a 4-3-3. Napoli already have a ton of wingers in Insigne, Lozano, Callejon, Mertens, Younes. Not to mention they already have Milik and Llorente at CF. I don't really see a lot of room there at the moment even for Ibra unless they plan on shipping someone out. And is ADL going to really outbid for Ibra? He's usually pretty picky/cheap himself.

I'm expecting Mertens to go to inter actually. Anyway, take Ibra's fossil ass to napoli already, couldn't care less, 10M for a 40 year old , hilarious

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Maybe it's a tale of PSG strikers. Cavani will flirt with Napoli only to join us, while Ibra goes to Napoli.

Can't see too many complaining about that said scenario! there's always a few exceptions though..

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Very, very unrealistic, but it would be cool to land Cavani, Mertens, Modric, Thiago Silva all for free this upcoming summer. They are at that age where Milan is a possibility and each add veteran winning experience to each department of the pitch. Maybe sell off a few unwanted players to help cover their wages. Unlikely with Elliott in control, but maybe if the club is sold to someone like Arnault it could become reality. :lol:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
in my opinion, these are the signing we have to make .... in order of Priotity

1. DM: A big Physical and Athletic type, who covers lots of ground. and thinks "play forward" ... which could allow us to "Verrattize" Bennacer... the other 19 midfielders we have could fight for the last midfield spot (RCM, which should be re-evaluated in the summer)

i hope Paqueta can settle at RCM...i liked how Pioli tried it in the first few games. on his shooting left foot... also better passing angles, especially if the we have a fast LWF making runs on the opposite side

my first choice: William Carvalho

2. LWF an Energetic, fast, tricky left winger, that makes runs and don't always wait there for the ball to be played to his feet before he takes off...
combine a player like that overlapping with Theo...it could be illegal

My first choice: Everton Soares

3. CB ... a few weeks ago, it was kind of optional...with Duarte's Injury, we must get one now.
same Characteristics as DM, a Big Physical, rough and tough aggressive CB ... some speed won't hurt.

My first Choice: Demiral caught my eye since we played Sassuolo Early in the year.

seen Todibo play, didn't think he was bad as Samaldinho said... found him quite good and disciplined especially from someone who doesn't play much... though it's the only game of him i have seen.

those are the "must" for me in January, can be archived if installments (lol) ... if they can get the free/cheap CF they want, great! (ibra, Mandzukic, add Cavani too)

but i do feel once these 3 positions are addressed we'll have a midfield that will progress the ball up the field with wingers and fullbacks delivering enough balls to the box for the Forwards will start to score more ... even the midfield will score more.
Piatek hasn't forgotten how to score...need to stop diving though ... good performance last game, gotta build on that.

Summer:
*an Annoying, Tireless CF: Bellotti Style
*a dynamic 2 way midfielder
*an Energetic RWF
*i guess they'll also look to replace RR

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Exactly he's in his 30's and hasn't won the CL. Why would a top 10 striker come here with no football guarantees whatsoever?

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Exactly he's in his 30's and hasn't won the CL. Why would a top 10 striker come here with no football guarantees whatsoever?

you think everyone's wet dream is winning CL? Some players go to fucking China in their prime. Dzeko left for Roma in his prime. What did he hope for?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Cavani's next league is the EPL. has been previously linked to Manchester Utd and fits their striker style of play.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
you think everyone's wet dream is winning CL? Some players go to fucking China in their prime. Dzeko left for Roma in his prime. What did he hope for?
indeed. playing regularly is the most important thing for most players

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It'll be his last semi-big contract. He'll go to whoever offers him the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule