The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:55   #1001
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Actually his passing and ballcontro? have never been good, and his left foot has always seemed to be attached on his body only to not fall over. BUT he scored in almost every game with the very rare chances he got.

Seems like Serie A defenders have figured him out already, our midfield isn't producing less than before, his best partner - Niang - really was a key for our built up, all this together.... I don't know. Today he had that one good chance which was saved by Gigi, and Mario really should have made that tap-in. Would have changed the whole game.... Unlucky there
Actually we are producing less, Bonaventura that was arguably one of the better attacking players till December has been mostly a shadow of himself since January. Dunno if getting Raiola had an impact on that.

Add to this the fact that when you play all year with the same players (no bench to rotate), it becomes harder to play hard. So yeah, our midfield has definitely lost some spark and Bacca also is dropping in intensity (he's been playing since the very beginning as well)
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 23:23   #1002
Blade of Faith
A New Hope

Fox in the box!!!
Blade of Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 23:31   #1003
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Bacca's agent: "Carlos is happy, he wants to win the Italian Cup and qualify to Europa League. I often speak with Milan, they are satisfied. He has a contract with Milan. I don't know what will happen in summer. The idea of Bacca and the club when signing, was to move forward together for a new Milan in Europe. Then we must see if the player or the club will change their minds. Many clubs have asked for Bacca in January, also from China, but Bacca wanted to stay in Milan. Recently these clubs have returned to contact me for the next market, it's normal that top clubs follow players like him."
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 00:19   #1004
Zeus
Rookie

i cannot stand watching bacca. that ******ed robanna he tried to pull off made me so livid
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 00:41   #1005
Fusiproe12
tifosfoso

CB (the hero ) & CB (the coach )

molto love
very amigos

wow
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 00:50   #1006
Ash
Swag Maestro

if a 30+ million offer comes in, sell him
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 01:26   #1007
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

^^^I would agree the way he has played these past few months.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 01:40   #1008
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
i cannot stand watching bacca. that ******ed robanna he tried to pull off made me so livid
^ Anti-Footballista

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I donít even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 10:26   #1009
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

15 goals in Serie A so far in his debut season and with this team is good. I wouldn't sell as he wont get anyone as good.

He stays for me.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 11:23   #1010
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
if a 30+ million offer comes in, sell him
and who can we get better than bacca for less than 30m?
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 11:39   #1011
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

I think Ash brings his quickness of bad decisions from the bedroom.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 14:37   #1012
GAMilan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: AC Milan Players

Hopefully Milan's controlling interest sale goes through and the new owners hold on to him unless some insane offer comes in.
GAMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 15:14   #1013
Sorriso Sempre
AC Milan Icon

with a proper midfield he can be a beast in the box.

i can also see him flourish with vazquez up front.

we can sell many others before considering selling him..

Signature
Sorriso Sempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 18:03   #1014
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Principe F.R View Post
with a proper midfield he can be a beast in the box.

i can also see him flourish with vazquez up front.

we can sell many others before considering selling him..
That's for sure. The problem is he's a world class striker who nevertheless needs to be served. With a world-class midfield even a mediocre attack can produce goals (while the world class midfield also protects the defence and wins us games). Look at how Juve in 2011/2012 made Matri and Destro look like a decent attack-combo (alongside with Calaio). We had Ibrahimovic scoring for us and that's pretty much it. No Ibra no party. Ibrahimovic in that season had quite as much goals as Matri, Destro and Calaio together, but at the end of the season Juve ended on top and we second.

I know this post simplyfiles the whole story of that season. My point is, if selling Bacca is the key to bring us a more balanced and productive midfield... I would go for it. Sure, in best case we can keep Bacca and building a strong midfield at the same time, that's what teams like Bayern or Barca would do, but unless we are stuck with B&G and no money will come from China to save this misery, this is not going to happen... most probably.

I'm saying this while being a massive fan of Bacca. Eventhough his recent decrease of form I'm still a big fan of him and I don't want him gone because he didn't score in the last 5 matches. The whole team struggled and surely it's not on him alone that he didn't score that much like Jan-March. But again, that's evidence on how much Bacca relies on a functional team and midfield. That's something we atm don't have.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 23:20   #1015
Sorriso Sempre
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
That's for sure. The problem is he's a world class striker who nevertheless needs to be served. With a world-class midfield even a mediocre attack can produce goals (while the world class midfield also protects the defence and wins us games). Look at how Juve in 2011/2012 made Matri and Destro look like a decent attack-combo (alongside with Calaio). We had Ibrahimovic scoring for us and that's pretty much it. No Ibra no party. Ibrahimovic in that season had quite as much goals as Matri, Destro and Calaio together, but at the end of the season Juve ended on top and we second.

I know this post simplyfiles the whole story of that season. My point is, if selling Bacca is the key to bring us a more balanced and productive midfield... I would go for it. Sure, in best case we can keep Bacca and building a strong midfield at the same time, that's what teams like Bayern or Barca would do, but unless we are stuck with B&G and no money will come from China to save this misery, this is not going to happen... most probably.

I'm saying this while being a massive fan of Bacca. Eventhough his recent decrease of form I'm still a big fan of him and I don't want him gone because he didn't score in the last 5 matches. The whole team struggled and surely it's not on him alone that he didn't score that much like Jan-March. But again, that's evidence on how much Bacca relies on a functional team and midfield. That's something we atm don't have.
pretty much agree with the post.

this guy have scored more in his first season in a new league with a dysfunctional mid(not to say a team as a whole) than the great ibra in his first season with a lot better squad/mid.that says a lot(not that he is better than ibra ofc but proves his value)

on another note.if chinese capital comes in then we ll have $$ to buy a proper mid and keep him.if stays then we ll most likely ''cant refuse the offer'' like ts33 and ibra's offer(dont know how though, we could afford to refuse ses rumored offers in the range of 45m or pato's a year before...)at least sell him high (40m+) as he is maybe the best poacher out there atm(not the best attacker though) in order not to sell other younger stars

one plan could be keep him niang and buy maybe vazquez for upfront(if we stick with 4-3-1-2) sell ses menez L. adriano suso and even honda to raise money for proper mid(with monto kuco combination working at some level we may only need one good 25+ mid and one promising youngster like paredes diawara etc...since we have j mauri locatelli as backups)

Signature

Last edited by Sorriso Sempre; 18-04-2016 at 23:24.
Sorriso Sempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 23:47   #1016
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

I love Bacca but I agree with Ash.

It was not only the Rabona, Bacca wasted 2 chances in the second half. One when he decided to go solo even though he had Jack and Balo making runs through the middle and the second one when he decided to pass but it was more like he was shooting.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 13:59   #1017
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
and who can we get better than bacca for less than 30m?
1. He is free in June
2. He is Swedish
3. His initials are Z. I.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 15:54   #1018
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

No need to sell. Hope for financial takeover and buy midfielders.

First season was always going to be hard for him.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 19:37   #1019
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
I love Bacca but I agree with Ash.

It was not only the Rabona, Bacca wasted 2 chances in the second half. One when he decided to go solo even though he had Jack and Balo making runs through the middle and the second one when he decided to pass but it was more like he was shooting.
He didn't waste the rabona and the gk saved it.
STs waste chances all the time and Bacca is a good finisher.
However he is bad with his buildup.
He need to stay in the box and he will be great.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 23:09   #1020
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
He didn't waste the rabona and the gk saved it.
STs waste chances all the time and Bacca is a good finisher.
However he is bad with his buildup.
He need to stay in the box and he will be great.
IMO, he wasted it because he had to score.

Anyways, who is the better passer Bacca or Pippo?

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote