Sulley Muntari Thread

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He scores a lot in big games and big moments when referees allow it.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
He scores a lot in big games and big moments when referees allow it.

lol

Can we get a poll on whether or not Muntari is good?

Im extremely interested to know the overall opinion

MJL1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Muntari played a solid match.

munta_jpgN5y5ZE7.jpg

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/ucl/2014/2011765_tpd.pdf

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
its really interestng to see how people view muntari so different.

i honestly like his style of play to be honest. he is comfortble on the ball and can pick some real good passes, makes some great runs into the box. yeah he is a laid back when it comes to defending but when we break its really good to have him linking the mid with attack. he is a consistent player and a definite starter in this team and i think its time hes earned some respect!

we can all agree to hate on nocerino cuz he is garbage.

Fiero

Reaction score
I like Muntari. He is a difficult player to judge because he does a little bit of everything, so it's hard to 'classify' him. He is important in our team no doubt because even if he seems lazy, he contributes to defense and attack. He's usually the guy to trust the most to win the ball back after De Jong and Montolivo even if his tackles are on and off, and he's always making offensive runs or taking long shots (which are also on and off). His range and accuracy of passing is very good as well even if he is slow on the ball.

He's a bit inconsistent and he goes mad at times (Roma last season and various red cards with Inter especially against Catania), but he's generally a trustable player and an important one for our team. Perhaps people don't see his quality because he's an 'ugly' player (read: less focus on flair and more on workrate) but he adds a lot to our team. A little bit of creativity, some tackles, some running, some long passes and some long shots - some of what he pulls off works and some doesn't, but that's Muntari. In the end all these bits and pieces of work usually help the team to win.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I like Muntari. He is a difficult player to judge because he does a little bit of everything, so it's hard to 'classify' him. He is important in our team no doubt because even if he seems lazy, he contributes to defense and attack. He's usually the guy to trust the most to win the ball back after De Jong and Montolivo even if his tackles are on and off, and he's always making offensive runs or taking long shots (which are also on and off). His range and accuracy of passing is very good as well even if he is slow on the ball.

He's a bit inconsistent and he goes mad at times (Roma last season and various red cards with Inter especially against Catania), but he's generally a trustable player and an important one for our team. Perhaps people don't see his quality because he's an 'ugly' player (read: less focus on flair and more on workrate) but he adds a lot to our team. A little bit of creativity, some tackles, some running, some long passes and some long shots - some of what he pulls off works and some doesn't, but that's Muntari. In the end all these bits and pieces of work usually help the team to win.

couuldnt put it better myself. glad someone sees this and agrees with me

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

I understand he does a few things well, but, honestly, more of what he does kills the teams pay rather than help it.

he makes more bad passes I can tell than good ones, more stupid tackles than winning tackles, and more wasteful shots than accurate ones.

In my opinion, he is extremely average. has been his entire career, is now, always will be.

I dont think he helps the team as you say, I think compared to the players he is playing with it seems so, like with de jong and noce, he scores. they dont, de jong covers him, makes important tackles, fulfilled his role. While Muntari carries out no role i know in football.

Obviously I think little of muntari, even with his goals I think he is a player hurting the starting team.

A player who can attack, or defend well, or in uncommon cases do both is fantastic. A player who can do neither is, well, just not starting material for a team aiming for league and european titles.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
<3 sulley.

I don't get ALL the hate he gets? He's generally a solid player. There are subtle qualities in consistency and decision making that keep him from being like top class CM (ala lets say his nt teammate essien in his prime) but in general he's a good player.

Great stamina, great defensive work rate, solid technique, he is a bit suspect positionally (you'd rather him use his aggression pressing winning balls that way than being your DM a la de jong), and his decision making is suspect at times.

-

All and all i like him tho. Maybe my expectations are different. I knew what Sulley was when he came. I know what he's capable of. I don't get mad because he's not de rossi or something, cause he never was that level. Blame management if you're upset he's not same level as previous era cms'

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
:thumbsup:
<3 sulley.

I don't get ALL the hate he gets? He's generally a solid player. There are subtle qualities in consistency and decision making that keep him from being like top class CM (ala lets say his nt teammate essien in his prime) but in general he's a good player.

Great stamina, great defensive work rate, solid technique, he is a bit suspect positionally (you'd rather him use his aggression pressing winning balls that way than being your DM a la de jong), and his decision making is suspect at times.

-

All and all i like him tho. Maybe my expectations are different. I knew what Sulley was when he came. I know what he's capable of. I don't get mad because he's not de rossi or something, cause he never was that level. Blame management if you're upset he's not same level as previous era cms'

he is really good player!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Excellent midfielder..excellent player excellent asset for the team

He has a knack for scoring important goals...what a fucking guy

Love u sulley

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
there were many times when I had expected him to lose possession or misplace passes, but he didn't. kinda looks like he's still a bit unfit though.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Excellent midfielder..excellent player excellent asset for the team

He has a knack for scoring important goals...what a fucking guy

Love u sulley

new seedorf ? or should i say a poor man's seedorf which is still pretty damn good cuz no one can be like our good old maestro. He was an absolute beast of a player, the ultimate big game player, 'clarence seedorf' :proud:

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
He lacks discipline though and is largely to blame for the fact that the team played poorly after the opening few minutes. He started well and then didn't stick to the plan and disrupted the structure of the team.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
new seedorf ? or should i say a poor man's seedorf which is still pretty damn good cuz no one can be like our good old maestro. He was an absolute beast of a player, the ultimate big game player, 'clarence seedorf' :proud:

New Seedorf or a poor man's Seedorf? :fp:
Like I said before, Muntari makes Seedorf look like Usain Bolt. Muntari is not terrible; however, he is not starting material at all.

<3 sulley.

It is not about hating the guy, but watching him play and understanding that you will get mostly average play.
Great stamina? :thumbsup:
Great defensive work rate? :fp: Positioning wise is average at best plus this game showed why SeS is helping him most of the time. (run in the first half when he got blown out by Celtic's RB and you look at a distance running at top speed trying to catch him.)
Solid technique? Average at best.

He is a on/off type of player. I do not expect him to be the greatest at his position; however, I expect him to have more awareness of his duties on the field and improve his positioning.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It is not about hating the guy, but watching him play and understanding that you will get mostly average play.

Yeah but in terms of sulley, i saw him enough before we got him to not expect yaya toure. Got to have realistic expectations. I think he's playing better than he did at inter

allegri:proud:

Great stamina? :thumbsup:
Great defensive work rate? :fp: Positioning wise is average at best plus this game showed why SeS is helping him most of the time. (run in the first half when he got blown out by Celtic's RB and you look at a distance running at top speed trying to catch him.)

aye read fully what i said, he's positionally suspect, but he's a VERY good tackler. His stats show that. That's why he's best at mezzala pressing up.

You wouldn't want him to play an anchor role.

Solid technique? Average at best.

He is a on/off type of player. I do not expect him to be the greatest at his position; however, I expect him to have more awareness of his duties on the field and improve his positioning.

He's got solid technique for sure. Solid when compared to CMs

like i said his two major flaws are tactical awareness and decision making. Which are huge. It's stopping him from being world class. But that said, he's still good. Just don't put him in certain roles.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
"The goals will come for the forwards," added Muntari who also netted against Torino at the weekend."For the moment, we midfielders will look after things."

LOL! Funny bastard.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Muntari has his flaws but we have to deal with:

1) Getting a decent CB as an alternative to Zap
2) adequate RB/LB cover (losing Anto :fp: )
3) A creaty CM or a CAM who works in defense as well
4) Permanently tossing out Traore

before we even think about calling his name

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
<3 sulley.

-

Yeah I really don't understand the Sulley hate on this forum. He's by far one of my favorite Milan players atm. He reminds me alot of Gattuso not because of his playing style but the aura he brings with him onto the field. In a big game, you want Muntari because he does not give two flying fucks who he's playing against, in fact it gives him a kick and gives him more will to fight and push our squad with him. You all saw what Sulley did on the big stage when played in Barcelona. I think one of Allegri's DUMBEST mistakes was to play Ambrosini over Muntari in the return leg at Camp Nou. Not only does he give you defesive solidarity, he can play long passes ala Montolivo which is another thing I love about him.

He's just a great guy. He goes on the field to win. Look at what he said about the Napoli match or how he approaches interviews. He goes head on and says it how it is. We are going out there to win and we don't care who's going to stop us cause they will get beaten by us. I love that kind of mentality in sports. I think if Pato had Sulley's mentality he wouldn't be playing at Corinthians.

I mean the fact Mourinho saw value in Muntari goes to show who Muntari is imo. He was the one Inter player I was scared of during Mourinho's era. Him and Gattuso would often clash and neither would say a word to each other and just shake hands. Gattuso out of all people who goes and spits on someone who goes against him. Maybe I'm overhyping him but I really enjoy Sulley at Milan

Last edited:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
I like Muntari, he really helps the team out by scoring goals and hustling. Definitely a vital player on our squad right now

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
lol

Can we get a poll on whether or not Muntari is good?

Im extremely interested to know the overall opinion

He is good. Not WC, not amazing, but he is good, and he's important for this team. He has limitations, I would say most of his tactical issues are down to fact he isn't that much of a disciplined player in general. I can see how he looks lazy sometimes, but I don't feel his game per say is lazy, just unfocus (again more down to not being the most disciplined player out there).

He pushes forward, he has a lot of workrate, he can defend well, and the fact that he's not exactly the most disciplined player of all, helps him to make decisions like running forward/taking shot/position himself/make dribbles up when games are hard and in need of someone who just does his thing to open things up.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Muntari is a very useful squad player.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Why does he always score important goals?

Solid player!

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
I am surprised people think Muntari played well - he was horrible imo, he lacks tactical discipline and disrupted the structure and organization of the team by going too far forward and way out of position. You could see De Jong was getting frustrated.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's not supposed to play a double pivot with Nigel or something. Allegri like his CMs to push up a lot.

He played a good game.

Schedule