Sulley Muntari Thread

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I understand he does a few things well, but, honestly, more of what he does kills the teams pay rather than help it.

he makes more bad passes I can tell than good ones, more stupid tackles than winning tackles, and more wasteful shots than accurate ones.

In my opinion, he is extremely average. has been his entire career, is now, always will be.

I dont think he helps the team as you say, I think compared to the players he is playing with it seems so, like with de jong and noce, he scores. they dont, de jong covers him, makes important tackles, fulfilled his role. While Muntari carries out no role i know in football.

Obviously I think little of muntari, even with his goals I think he is a player hurting the starting team.

A player who can attack, or defend well, or in uncommon cases do both is fantastic. A player who can do neither is, well, just not starting material for a team aiming for league and european titles.

You should maybe employ help from statistical websites that track player's contributions on the field. While stats don't tell 'everything', they're irrefutable in some departments.

I remember some interview with Pioli and he was stating how it seemed like Taider was misplacing passes, tackles, all kinds of stuff more often than he did. Stefano eventually tracked down the stats and realized Taider had a high pass percentage, tackle rate, etc. So, even managers realize it's important not to judge a player's performance just on what is visually seen, just as only stats isn't effective either.

Having said that, I agree completely with Fiero's analysis.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Well Im going to hate on him, at this moment in time he is an important player through injuries.

Maybe its easier to see the bad when its a player like muntari, because its rare they do something like a run or pass that makes you think whao which is easy remembered.

More goals will be great, anyway they go in is fine by me lol

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the general consensus during the game was that muntari was fucking terrible arguably the worst player on the field yesterday before he scored a rebound from 4 yards. anybody who was discussing the game on the match thread yesterday will agree. the goal means nothing he has to go.

i repeat its an embarassment that we pay guys like muntari the wages we do considering what he brings to the team. monto ndj and poli should start and youth players on < 1m/year should cover them. we should have flogged muntari and kept fossati

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just hate how Muntari loses the ball then walks hoping a teammate can win it back, and then slowly jogs when he realizes a counter attack is occurring...

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
he's positionally suspect, but he's a VERY good tackler. His stats show that. That's why he's best at mezzala pressing up.

You wouldn't want him to play an anchor role.
He's got solid technique for sure. Solid when compared to CMs

like i said his two major flaws are tactical awareness and decision making. Which are huge. It's stopping him from being world class. But that said, he's still good. Just don't put him in certain roles.

Actually I think that positionally he's very solid. After Ambrosini, imo he is our best defensive player. Yes, he can play as DM, but his decision making is poor and the ball distribution suffers. He also is not very fast, prefers to stay at the back and is not good at exploiting spaces in attack.

To me, he's a solid defensive CM ... very underrated in our team especially last year.

You all saw what Sulley did on the big stage when played in Barcelona. I think one of Allegri's DUMBEST mistakes was to play Ambrosini over Muntari in the return leg at Camp Nou. Not only does he give you defesive solidarity, he can play long passes ala Montolivo which is another thing I love about him.

I think if Pato had Sulley's mentality he wouldn't be playing at Corinthians.

Muntari had played in the Genoa game where we were left defending with 10 players. Looking back maybe it would have been good, but nobody knew that Ambrosini would play bad either after the Barca game that he had in San Siro. Even Montolivo didn't play well.

As about Sulley's mentality ... don't go there. He's talented but he's unpolished. From Inter he left as an undesired person ... they basically gave him to us for free even though he still had 6 months contract. Also a professional player doesn't go play soccer when on vacation and breaks his leg.

the general consensus during the game was that muntari was fucking terrible arguably the worst player on the field yesterday before he scored a rebound from 4 yards. anybody who was discussing the game on the match thread yesterday will agree. the goal means nothing he has to go.

Leaving the goal aside, he was not even close to being the worst player. People expect every midfielder to pass and dribble like Modric or Iniesta. He's a defensive player :lol:.

To tell how good Muntari is find out how many times did Celtic create a chance on Muntari's side ?

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score

i repeat its an embarassment that we pay guys like muntari the wages we do considering what he brings to the team. monto ndj and poli should start and youth players on < 1m/year should cover them. we should have flogged muntari and kept fossati

tumblr_mcsnmqXygH1rx037eo1_400.gif

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
He is so shite todaY

gaxhi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Such a terrible player, he seriously kills our plays every time he touches the ball, lots of players in this team don't deserve to play for milan and he's almost on top of that list especially seeing that he's playing as a starter

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
dumbest professional player Ive ever seen

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
He would be good off the bench like alot players in the starting 11.

But we need to spend money a top quality midfielder. Free transfer mids cant help us.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Why he always play full 90min is beyond me. How come?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I despise Muntari with every fiber of my fandom.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if i could choose 1 player to get rid of from the club i would not hesitate. muntari is absolutely useless. he breaks the tempo makes wrong decisions and is tactically awful. please god let us start playing with 2 cm from now on

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i cant believe this cunts sponge inside his head has privileges to the earths oxygen supply

i never thought id despise anything more then the late milan seedorf who butchered most milan attacks and walked during most games. this..........this is next level rubbish right here

this is the type of moron that doesn't let me enjoy our NT games. bojan jokic, gets the ball............and just randomly kicks it forward as much as he can and in the end tries to pass it of as passing

I despise Muntari with every fiber of my fandom.

:thumbsup:sickening player

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
Muntari is supposedly to be a back-up for the mighty king clarence seedorf, but sadly for lcm spot he's currently our best. Can't blame him a lot tho, he does his best.
This position is very crucial, if we can't get a proper lcm any trophy is nowhere near us.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
If walking and jogging on the pitch most of the time and fucking randomly hitting balls upfront to no one means doing his best, then our standards for 'doing our best' has really fallen to an all time low

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
If walking and jogging on the pitch most of the time and fucking randomly hitting balls upfront to no one means doing his best, then our standards for 'doing our best' has really fallen to an all time low

Don't forget the random off balance 40 yard shots

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems like a chill guy, but wouldn't mind seeing him gone if we sign another CM.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Bad performance today ... him not being the fastest and our team's weakness to crosses is a dangerous combo to have in a 4-3-1-2 ... since instead of El Shaarawy covering the opponent fullback, it becomes his job.

Much better Emanuelson in the second half.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Yea he's suited for destroying CMs. Needs an LW to deal with RBs and RMs.

Worrying signs for Sulley, with us moving to a 4-3-1-2.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

Allegri: "Why I took off Muntari? It was purely a technical decision."

Allegri: "Muntari seemed confused and that created a bit of chaos. Emanuelson added a bit more fluidity to our play."

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Define bad. To me he was one of our worst players together with Constant and Zapata ... and I do like Muntari.

Didn't misplace passes too often, positioned himself fairly well more often than not. I don't any of our players played poorly .