Are you for or against Sheva's return?

• Total voters

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Official: Andriy Shevchenko Thread

I've gotten myself into an agurment with someone on hattrick that's saying that Sheva is just a goal poacher.

Does anyone know eher I can find some mpeg's on the net with some of his better goals. One in particular I'm looking for was from last year vs. Empoli where he went through about 5 defenders.

if you have any links they'd be appreciated. :D

Last edited:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
sorry i don't know any.
the goal VS deprotivo last year (1st leg) was nice too

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
The one against Juventus in 2000(voted best goal of the year by the Oscars of Serie A).
And both of the goals he scored against Lazio in Rome this season...

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
What exactly is wrong with being a 'goal-poacher'?

In recent memory, Shevchenko's amazing free-kick against Lazio should dismiss that theory.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
well that guy is obviously an idiot...probably a juve fan. Sorry i don,t have any of the videos. I don't think you should waste your time anyways.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well all the good ones are mentioned already... But if you are thinking about headers, one against PORTO from SUPECOPA EUROPA last year...

The other one I think is the one against BARCA this year at SAN SIRO but that was a shot with left foot from just outside the penalty box...

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
I have the video of that freekick vs Lazio this season and the goal against Juventus.
Tell me if you want me to send them.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't quite get the argument... Sheva *is* 75% poacher. Only recently (last 1-2 years) he has added a bit of versatility to his game + has started to pass/assist....

Maybe people should start to realize that a poacher is not inferior to a playmaking forward.

Ahm yea + fanciness of the goal, or better lack thereof, doesn't determine if s.o. is a poacher. A poacher is your typical *in the right place, at the right time* guy with excellent finishing, whether via tap-ins or bicycle kicks is rather irrelevant.

Last edited:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Last edited:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I love how people who complain about the 'poachers' are usually people who have a rack full of goals and play for highyl successful teams. Take it up with France Football, who elected this so-called poacher the European player of the year. A true poacher would never score more than 5 goals a season in my honest opinion.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know, pidgeonholing just get on my nerves. A forward is a forward + goals are goals. Poaching is part of the job. IMO the term shouldn't be used in a pejorative sense.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
From what Seamus said, I gather that the guy/girl meant Sheva has no skill whatsoever except when it comes to scoring, which is so unfair to say for someone as diverse as Sheva ... Throughout the period he's spent with Milan, Sheva has scored a variety of goals and proved his worth as a complete player, scoring almost equally with both right and left feet, headers, impressive passing and dribbling when needed as well as escaping from the tight marking he faces in every match ... Anyone who denies all those fact has no clue on who they're talking about and has obviously not seen Sheva play ;)

As for the videos Seamus, I think you meant his goal against Lecce? :D
VS LECCE

In his first season with Milan :proud:
VS BARI

CL derby :star:
VS INTER

With Ukraine
heartpump.gif

VS TURKEY

With Dynamo in 1999 :tongue:
VS KARPATY

First 4 goals from: www.acmilanclub.com
5th goal from: www.ukrainiansoccer.net

FORZA SHEVAAA!!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I never said being a goal poacher is a bad thing, I just said that Shevchenko is more then that. Pippo is a poacher and one of the best. I consider a poacher someone who spend most of game at the back line of the defense trying to get on the end on cross or through ball and basically always tries to be in the right place at the right time. Mainly someone who only scores from very close range.

Kayra hit the nail on the head that he was basically saying that all he ever did was get tap-ins and didn't have that skill to creat his own chances.

Personally, I think the top teams should play with a poacher who leads the line (like Inzaghi) and someone who come back a little (like Sheva) to facilitate in midfield a tiny bit and allow space for someone like Inzaghi to do what he does best. I'd really like to get the both back ;)

Thanks everyone for the links to the goals and if anyone has anymore please post them. :D

Got this from a friend, tons of different goal by lots of people! Hey the goal vs. Juve in 2000 it the 1st one listed for Sheva from this link right? http://www.soccerclips.net/alphagoals.htm

Last edited:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Instead of opening a new thread, I figuerd I'd use this existing thread. here is an interesting article I saw today about Sheva.

Shevchenko appointed advisor to Ukraine President

KIEV, June 2 (Reuters) - AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko was appointed special advisor to Ukraine President Viktor Yushchenko on Thursday.

Shevchenko, voted European Footballer of the Year in 2004, joins World Boxing Council heavyweight champion Vitaly Klitschko in a mainly ceremonial role.

The 28-year-old striker was awarded a "Hero of Ukraine", the country's highest honour, at New Year.

Maybe he's gonna run for office after he retires?!!;)

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
sheva had really very nice goals,but he had really very bad matches(against liverpool:(((((((((((((

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
NeSTa_86 said:
sheva had really very nice goals,but he had really very bad matches(against liverpool:(((((((((((((
I wouldn't say that his game was bad, he probably was very nervous. And he played well, and ultimately he was unlucky, because 117 min miss is from this category.
I don't know why ppl percieve a "poacher" as a curse. 20 or more goals per season speak for themselves. He is not Ronaldinho or Henry, but in what he is doing -scoring the goals -he is better. His sense of position is much stronger.

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
newyorker said:
I wouldn't say that his game was bad, he probably was very nervous. And he played well, and ultimately he was unlucky, because 117 min miss is from this category.
I don't know why ppl percieve a "poacher" as a curse. 20 or more goals per season speak for themselves. He is not Ronaldinho or Henry, but in what he is doing -scoring the goals -he is better. His sense of position is much stronger.
i don't want to say that he is bad player...........he is the best striker in the world,but he was obliged to score in 117 min

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
NeSTa_86 said:
i don't want to say that he is bad player...........he is the best striker in the world,but he was obliged to score in 117 min

He did his job , he scored but they dissallowed him goal .. so everything was againts him that night.. it wasnt our and his night .. end of story

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
besikaka said:
He did his job , he scored but they dissallowed him goal .. so everything was againts him that night.. it wasnt our and his night .. end of story
there was a news i read in singapore saying he touched the CL cup before the game (that's bad luck for some believers)

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Passion for *9* said:
I don't quite get the argument... Sheva *is* 75% poacher. Only recently (last 1-2 years) he has added a bit of versatility to his game + has started to pass/assist....

Maybe people should start to realize that a poacher is not inferior to a playmaking forward.

Ahm yea + fanciness of the goal, or better lack thereof, doesn't determine if s.o. is a poacher. A poacher is your typical *in the right place, at the right time* guy with excellent finishing, whether via tap-ins or bicycle kicks is rather irrelevant.

I'm not very used to that word, so, tell me if i'm right or wrong..... CRESPO is the biggest "poacher" of the world ?? am i right ?

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think there are some rumours of sheva going over to chelsea. That couldn't be true, could it?

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
poppy said:
I think there are some rumours of sheva going over to chelsea. That couldn't be true, could it?

no

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
poppy said:

dont be suprised one day when u will read : Chelsea wants to sign Bush.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
besikaka said:
Yeah, when tapping up rivals' employees is no longer a big enough bomb! :D

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
hatrick vs Lazio in super cup... 3 different goals...
a volleyed cross...a diving header... and a left foot volley form outside the area...

only goal poacher?
pleeezzeeaaa....

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What's wrong with being a poacher?
I don't care what names they gave him as long as those goals keep coming.
Maybe it's just a case of sour grapes.

glamodrama

Primavera
Reaction score
Luis said:
I'm not very used to that word, so, tell me if i'm right or wrong..... CRESPO is the biggest "poacher" of the world ?? am i right ?

i don't think so, in that case, would be pippo :D

besikaka said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

he would be the replacement for waterboy, obviously will be "petrol boy"