Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Please stop subbing off piatek

voom

Banned
Reaction score

You are right.Even Pjona was surprised.Cutrone don't like Piatek,didn't applaud him when he was subbed,one of few players that don't follow Piatek on insta.And now this fan s song for Pjona it surelly affect Cutrone.Pjona is our primo in attack,Cutrone better get used to that.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

maybe could have gone for two striker formation and rested paqueta. cutrone needs(deserves) game time too. and suso could have helped cutrone get a little relief and confidence(what a waste). i'm not mad at him trying that in other situations(in case we were leading by 3 goals), but that goal was way important to cutrone than to suso.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind his mindset as long as he realizes there's no need to be overly cautious against teams we're clearly superior against.

we have atalanta away next week, possibly the hardest league fixture we have left after juve away, I don't mind a compact defensive minded game plan against a physical team like atalanta who have the best attack in serie A.

as much as i criticize him, it would be sad to see him get sacked if he finishes 5th, so all the forzas for the clubs sake and his.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Great post-match comments as well yesterday. Sheds light on some of the tactical aspects that go misunderstood or unnoticed.

“I expect more from Hakan Calhanoglu, because he has remarkable technique, but then you have to look at how much he runs, the distance he travels and the work-rate. I think he is unfairly maligned, I like the way he interprets that role.

“He’s not a real winger, I know that, but he can unite the midfield with the attack and give a lot of quality to the side.”

Not only are Milan starting to score more regularly, but they are also defending far more effectively and Gianluigi Donnarumma rediscovered his confidence.

“We’re starting to play our way out of the pressing game, which is what I want to see. It’s all about the two phases, defending and attacking, because few teams can afford to just do one or the other. For the last five or six matches, I think we’ve been doing that better.”

The way Gattuso sees wing forwards' role is really the crucial tactical aspect of our game at the moment. He wants wing forwards to play all the way along the pitch vertically and to make diagonal channel runs into the center as much as possible, while the mezz'ala moves to the wings. When it works well, we end up with THREE players inter-playing beautifully in a central to wide area of the pitch and carrying the ball up efficiently. Often opponents have to deploy their forward or one of the CBs to combat this, opening up room in the central areas.

Classic case was yesterday, when Suso, Kessie and Calabria all were perfectly in sync. We gave Cagliari no breathing room on the right side of the pitch. Hakan and Paqueta also did well on the left, while Rodriguez wasn't as good.

I don't think Gattuso will ever really like playing with a conventional winger, and nor would I because I find that style of football really boring - pace and cross. When every player moves in sync, this style is far better to watch and more dynamic.

Suso and Hakan, both playing well, are really important to this style being efficient, and like last night, I hope they continue to perform well.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone whos been watching european football for the past decade understands how inside wing forwards work, doesn't change the fact that the best team in the league and many of europe's best teams use the "boring" pace and cross tactic.

and there's no issue if rino wants to use play making inside forwards instead of traditional wingers, just get better ones + 1 tradtional winger for a plan B.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
You are right.Even Pjona was surprised.Cutrone don't like Piatek,didn't applaud him when he was subbed,one of few players that don't follow Piatek on insta.And now this fan s song for Pjona it surelly affect Cutrone.Pjona is our primo in attack,Cutrone better get used to that.

:fp:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
...don’t like him...doesn’t follow on Instagram...

giphy.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

:lol:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
really liked 2 changes made by gattuso
piatek <> cutrone we need to protect piatek for long 2nd half of the season and give some time to cutrone. also after goal piatek wont complain.
calabria <> conti kid needs some playing time and 3:0 lead at home is best time to do it.

hakan <> borini ... like borini offer anything ...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Look at the Hakan-Suso interactions..

DzJNdZ-WkAA-Tow.png

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Honestly thought he's a fraud. But now I think he can become a respectable midtable coach, his man management is elite and he covers his incompetency in tactics with his motivation.

I think when Milan decides to go to the next level Gattuso will not stay out of the game for too long. I can see him becoming a Sam Allardyce for Italian football. Very dependable for teams that are looking to avoid relegation.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
:lol: this Guy ^ top notch

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly thought he's a fraud. But now I think he can become a respectable midtable coach, his man management is elite and he covers his incompetency in tactics with his motivation.

I think when Milan decides to go to the next level Gattuso will not stay out of the game for too long. I can see him becoming a Sam Allardyce for Italian football. Very dependable for teams that are looking to avoid relegation.
Wow...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's a really fun parody account. I'm tempted to let it run for a few months.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Curious yeah but not sure if it's efficient. Tho, they do have a nice exchange.

Yes, it's more curious than anything else.. the way they both cut in also matters - many of the passes are probably shorter passes than flank to flank crosses.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
really liked 2 changes made by gattuso
piatek <> cutrone we need to protect piatek for long 2nd half of the season and give some time to cutrone. also after goal piatek wont complain.
calabria <> conti kid needs some playing time and 3:0 lead at home is best time to do it.

hakan <> borini ... like borini offer anything ...

isn't this his usual subs like in every game !??, the usual, striker for striker, midfielder for midfielder, RB for RB..... same shit different day.

for me watching paint dry, is more interesting than watching milan playing under gatusso.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
gatusso as coach reminds me of all the times gatusso as player personally offended my refined sensibilities as a sports-viewer who is not a neolithic forager

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
isn't this his usual subs like in every game !??, the usual, striker for striker, midfielder for midfielder, RB for RB..... same shit different day.

for me watching paint dry, is more interesting than watching milan playing under gatusso.

Inter may be more interesting for you to watch then.:)

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Best thing that has happen to Milan is Piguaing shit attitude.Thank God we got rid of that rotten apple.
I dont like Cutrone behaviour either.No applause and ugly stare at Piatek when he replace him.Gattuso should tell him things or two.Its not that Rino is not giving him the chance.Simply Pjona is better striker.Cutro is our kid,i would not like to end like Petagna.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Quaas hush please

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't like how he set up the game. We were not really playing well... they were tearing up our left flank. But, the end result is due to his effort throughout the season... including his continuous confidence in Hakan.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Gennaro Gattuso Thread

Didn't like how he set up the game. We were not really playing well... they were tearing up our left flank. But, the end result is due to his effort throughout the season... including his continuous confidence in Hakan.

I feel you but managing to win that game with a very convincing 2nd half on one of the toughest fields with one of the best fan support in Italy is something da grande Milan. Let‘s not forget that Atalanta on this field trashed Inter 4-1 and knocked Juve 3-0 out of Coppa Italia - a team considered by many as a main favourite for this years CL.

What I want to say basically is: No one plays Atalanta a their home without struggling. Not even Juve. It’s impossible. That’s how good Gasperinis Atalanta is this year. Actually suffering Atalanta for big parts of the 1st half is not so surprising and given how in form Atalanta right now is probably unavoidable.

In the end we won by 1-3 and not by luck if you consider how convincingly we played after the lead. That’s why I say this was a win da grande Milan. I must say that once more I underrated Gattuso. Two weeks ago I was critisizing him because I thought he lacks offnsive schemes that we need to create chances to score. Since then we look completely changed, also thanks to a golden mercato.

Let’s hope we can keep that up

Schedule