The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2016, 14:58   #2381
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

I have to give alvarez a lot of credit, how many left hands did he take? 4-5? he was never the same in the fight after the first one but still continued on, definitely deserves to be respected for his toughness at the very least.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 15:55   #2382
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

What are those Reebok shirts?


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:13   #2383
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I have to give alvarez a lot of credit, how many left hands did he take? 4-5? he was never the same in the fight after the first one but still continued on, definitely deserves to be respected for his toughness at the very least.
I can't give him any credit man, the fuck was he doing. Look at how Diaz absorbed his shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
What are those Reebok shirts?
Long story


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:53   #2384
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place
 
Milaniscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wilmington, DE
Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben
Default

I didn't think it would be that easy for Conor. He was unfazed by everything. People keep doubting the man but he does things no one else has done. Let's see an Aldo rematch next
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 00:25   #2385
Tantalis
Heyoka
 
Tantalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens
Default

masterclass.
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 12:15   #2386
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Snoop dog on Khabib vs. Johnson fight

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMxz7iIjGl0/


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 05:06   #2387
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

McGregor relinquishes FW belt


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 10:53   #2388
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

I doubt it, he was probably stripped of it. I can bet that he'll be walking around with two belts and make fun of the FW division

--

Holloway vs. Pettis is a great fight, really looking forward to it. Hopefully Pettis will manage to make weight without dying.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 16:08   #2389
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Conor will appear in GOT next season, probably a short cameo: rumour has it he will point to the Night's King and shout: who the fook is that guy?


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 16:48   #2390
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Pettis misses weight for the title shot

Edit:

It will no longer be a interim title shot for Pettis, if he wins he gets nothing. Also forfeits 20% of purse to Holloway.


Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 09-12-2016 at 17:49.
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 20:36   #2391
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Pettis misses weight for the title shot

Edit:

It will no longer be a interim title shot for Pettis, if he wins he gets nothing. Also forfeits 20% of purse to Holloway.
This card is so fucked

It got hit with the perfect storm of events: Rory leaving, GSP contract dispute, Cormier out, and now Pettis missing weight.

Still a lot of good events taking place this weekend with Verhoeven vs Badr Hari and the Jon Jones Hendo fights.
====

Kinda sucks for Conor I suppose. Got stripped early for nothing.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 21:43   #2392
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
This card is so fucked

It got hit with the perfect storm of events: Rory leaving, GSP contract dispute, Cormier out, and now Pettis missing weight.

Still a lot of good events taking place this weekend with Verhoeven vs Badr Hari and the Jon Jones Hendo fights.
====

Kinda sucks for Conor I suppose. Got stripped early for nothing.
This card was "fucked" when the real main event got scrapped. But still an ok card, I love Holloway vs Pettis. Cerrone vs Brown will be good as well.


When it comes to Conor getting stripped, I think everyone's involved in it and they're trying to create a story line. Conor will walk around with two belts, and whoever's FW champ will call him out.
--

Didn't know you were a fight fan, Tfat welcome back


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:48   #2393
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
This card was "fucked" when the real main event got scrapped. But still an ok card, I love Holloway vs Pettis. Cerrone vs Brown will be good as well.


When it comes to Conor getting stripped, I think everyone's involved in it and they're trying to create a story line. Conor will walk around with two belts, and whoever's FW champ will call him out.
--

Didn't know you were a fight fan, Tfat welcome back
Yeah, I agree Holloway Pettis is a good match up. But UFC's attempt to build it up as a number one contenders fight to Aldo would get derailed if Pettis wins.

Saw Brown hating on Cerrone. Not sure if legit or he is trying to sell a fight. Do they have a known history? Lot of character assassination shots were fired.

I think his coach said he probably isn't going back down to 145 (?). He was floating the idea around of Woodley/Mayweather. And as absurd as those sound to logic, that's probably more to his character. He is always out to get something new rather than defend what he has. It would not surprise me if he never fought Khabib / Ferguson /Aldo/ Holloway/ Pettis.

Last edited by Casualista; 10-12-2016 at 04:50.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 07:22   #2394
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Bit bummed out the main events were all dampened by broken arms. Business hazard.

Good for the UFC, I guess. Holloway winning means the 145 division still has a story to sell. Good touch by Holloway to call out Aldo in Feb.. It means he can at least get a title shot by next December.

Great win by Cerrone. As far as the 170s go I want to see:
Woodley vs Wonderboy (rematch)
Cerrone vs Lawler
Maia vs Nick Diaz
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:24   #2395
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Glad Max won for two reasons:

He deserved his title shot, a few wins back.
Pettis didn't earn it. He is a pussy that dropped down when he got his ass kicked, instead of working to improve, all he did was "improve" his haircuts on a daily basis.

I was super superboy would have won, but man that was an entertaing match up.

Cowboy as always putting on a great fight, as long as its not a title shot.

Fecking Tim fucked it up, and let that fat cunt win.

Awesome card though, not sure why everybody kept crapping on it.


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 15:18   #2396
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Bit bummed out the main events were all dampened by broken arms. Business hazard.
Good event overall though.

Pettis is in nowhere-land and that's getting inside his head. He's one of those fighters that doesn't really fit into any of the current weight classes. UFC should start start a 150 and 177 division.

Regarding Aldo vs Holloway, I think Aldo's gonna win. But I'm wrong most of the times so...

Quote:
Good for the UFC, I guess. Holloway winning means the 145 division still has a story to sell. Good touch by Holloway to call out Aldo in Feb.. It means he can at least get a title shot by next December.

Quote:
Great win by Cerrone. As far as the 170s go I want to see:
Woodley vs Wonderboy (rematch)
Cerrone vs Lawler
Maia vs Nick Diaz
Since I hate immediate rematches, I'd change places for Maia and Wonderboy.

---

FINALLY an Asian fighter to follow. Choi is a badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Pettis didn't earn it. He is a pussy that dropped down when he got his ass kicked, instead of working to improve, all he did was "improve" his haircuts on a daily basis.
Never thrown a punch in his life, calls professional fighters "pussy" GTFO


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 16:09   #2397
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

featherweight division doesn't matter tbh, neither aldo or holloway are champs

choi/swanson + cerrone/brown

gastelum is very good

--------------------

I definitely don't want to see nick diaz vs a guy who only wants to grapple

nick diaz lawler 2 or nick diaz cerrone would be my picks
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 16:54   #2398
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

Never thrown a punch in his life, calls professional fighters "pussy" GTFO
Gtfo u twat, i expect a shitty ass response like that from u. Yes he is a pussy in fighter scale, not in real life u moron. Ofc anyone that gets in the ufc is somewhat of a bad ass, but the guy got his ass handed to him in his weight class, and literally ran away to turn into skeletor to try and beat up small guys.


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 20:02   #2399
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post

Pettis didn't earn it. He is a pussy that dropped down when he got his ass kicked, instead of working to improve, all he did was "improve" his haircuts on a daily basis.
Like 95% of the fighters do this. The other 5% fight at heavy weight.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:31   #2400
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Like 95% of the fighters do this. The other 5% fight at heavy weight.
Tad bit exaggerated but i do get your point, still no need to act like a sheep yes? And on the weight cut issues, he is going back up because as he said it "the cut almost killed him".

Anyway next card is tad bit shitty, but the one after that should be a great one as well.

I got:

Don't cry bitch.
Dominator.
Doom.
Dillasnake.
Magny via kfc being shitty.
STUN GUN!


Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.