Italian Football Thread III

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Cristianoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSUSUSUSUTUSUTSUTSUTUSTUSTUSUTSUTUSTUSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That goal was straight out of FIFA!

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

TSUSUSUSUTUSUTSUTSUTUSTUSTUSUTSUTUSTUSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

why do you try to piss me off

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Soooo.... Milan have a game in hand still?

Is it true that if Milan win the next match, they might be in 4th?

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Lucky guy

img_7711.jpg

221829437-9a0fffa8-401f-4230-9e8d-c7fb046ba68c.jpg

ventura_insigne_getty.jpg

231234058-f3311e85-17dc-4215-91b0-c571d050daa5.jpg

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Soooo.... Milan have a game in hand still?

Is it true that if Milan win the next match, they might be in 4th?

Best case scenario Lazio draw vs Merda tonight and Milan win vs Genoa then we’ll be 5th 1 point behind Lazio and 2 behind merda. Even though I must say I do hope Merda get smacked by Lazio.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another stellar game by Nocerinovic-Savic
We should bid 200 million in January

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter win good for us , let's be honest inter have a squad wayyyy better than us , Roma and Lazio . They will finish 3rd easily this season . More PTS Lazio and Roma lose z the better

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Inter win good for us , let's be honest inter have a squad wayyyy better than us , Roma and Lazio . They will finish 3rd easily this season . More PTS Lazio and Roma lose z the better

they don't have great players but they are compact, play like a proper team with a gameplan and have good solid depth everywhere.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Lazio has been utterly disappointing in big matches this season. Looks like they peaked last year. Well, good for us from a top 4 perspective.

Immobile was horrendous yesterday.. back to his unreliable style.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Who knew that Inter having a proper coach would do wonders for their team?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Spalletti is still unreliable for me. There isn't much coaching that has gone to this Inter team. They have probably the best penalty box striker in the world - it's 90% an Icardi team.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
If only we had some really good strikers and some decent wingers that could play instead of Bonaventura in a proper system, if only.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In my view, we have the best attack in Italy if they all play well together at the same time. Which incredibly hasn't happened yet. When Suso is on top, Hakan looks like shit. When Hakan clicks, Suso is a non-entity.. When both play ok, Higuain makes poor runs and gets frustrated.. But I think it's a matter of time only, I'm not remotely worried about our attack.

We have problems in both midfield and defence. In midfield, it's more a case of over-reliance on Kessie and Biglia. Without these guys, I can't see us playing cohesively at all. We need replacements in the winter here desperately - Barella.

Defence is a systemic problem and a Musacchio problem. Here I don't think we need new signings, but we need more and more trainings and possibly tactical improvements. The defensive line is just not working well.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Better than Ronaldo - Mandzukic - Douglas Costa at their best? or Perisic - Icardi - whoever RW they have at their best?

Fans of this club is so fucking delusional it's not even funny.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Spalletti is still unreliable for me. There isn't much coaching that has gone to this Inter team. They have probably the best penalty box striker in the world - it's 90% an Icardi team.

Icardi is one of the best penalty box strikers in the world, but I think you are wrong - this is largely a Spalletti team. IMO at Inter the whole has finally become greater than the sum of individual parts. The team is well organised, the new possession based football style is starting to work, the passing and movement of players has improved. And the players are fighting till the very end. This is the hallmark of a good coach at work.

Yes, this system is still too dependent on a few players. Specially Brozovic and Icardi. Handanovic and the CBs are vital too, but Inter have 3 quality CBs so are not so dependent on any particular one too much. I would say Inter are more dependent on Brozovic than Icardi at the mo.

In my view, we have the best attack in Italy if they all play well together at the same time.

Better than Juventus? Come on, surely even you don't believe that. Juve easily have the best attack in the league, maybe even the world at the moment.

Also attack are very dependent on the quality of midfield they are built upon, and in this respect Juve are a head & shoulder ahead of anyone else in the league. Followed by Napoli, who are still surprisingly good even after Jorginho left. And this is an area where Milan and Inter are missing something.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
they don't have great players but they are compact, play like a proper team with a gameplan and have good solid depth everywhere.

Yeah, having Borja Valero on the bench is much more impressive than Bertolacci/Mauri/Montoleader

Schedule