Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Snek
f3e7c6ddb9b1df10613246e15146288a.jpg

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
91st minute sub to mean something? kessie won duels and made that one superb block too but he lost ball countless of times doing unnecessary dribbles. we played like a scared team backpassing a lot and were too hasty/panicked when attacking. rr was unable to hold the ball too, calabria barely got forward. midfield was wide open all the time and midfielders and attackers were all over the place. also suso and hakan's first priority should be to look for teammates rather than shoot. gattuso is to blame here too, at half time he should have fixed these issues. we were afraid to press them high on the pitch and it cost us. maybe gattuso was too scared of icardi.

Kessie really isn't the one to blame. Like you said, he won duels, made a superb block, intercepted numerous balls and held onto the ball a handful of times which made it possible for the team to go up the field/release pressure.

Bonaventura on the other hand was completely missing in the midfield.

And yes, I'm referring to the 91st min substitute. I'd rather see him made a useful sub before the 91st mine but Abate added nothing except wasting a couple of seconds, which however was the reason for that substitute like you pointed out yourself. The question remains though, why not make a substitute that isn't completely unjustified besides wasting time. Or better yet, why not make a useful substitute before the 90'? With your logic it'd be just as good to see Reina come in as an outfield player as long as he's walking onto the pitch during extra time.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same things people said for Montella..."give him more chances"

We should have let Gattuso go when we drew 3 straight against Cagliari, Empoli, Atalanta. Especially the way we drew those games.

By the time it's clear to even people who knows nothing about football that Gattuso needs to be fired, we will have to settle for whoever and then if he even does decently, we will have the same voices going "well he did that with no prep + did not get to request his squad, what if he had preseason + new squad + blah blah blah". Year after year, mediocre managers. Hoping Seedorf or Montella can turn into a Guardiola. Hoping Gattuso or Mihajlovic can turn into a Conte. We already have a squad that still has many holes that needs addressing, and we are banking on midtable managers to hopefully become the next greatest thing.

Wash Rinse Repeat. Year 0 over and over again. We need to get out of this negative loop NOW!

Last edited:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Curupira is right. No more time for all this patience. Teams like Inter are improving in Seria A while Milan is going with a manager that hasn't shown really anything in his career. We are still early in the season but making the UCL is gonna take a big effort and a lot of work. I dont see Gattusso leading the team there. Screw all that grinta stuff.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
All will be good, not even doubting it

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
But, Rino has to stop fielding Bakayoko. We need to find a different formation to keep him away from the field. I'd rather go kamikaze mode and field 1-2 more strikers/wingers than field him and try to preserve a lead/draw.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Curupira is right. No more time for all this patience. Teams like Inter are improving in Seria A while Milan is going with a manager that hasn't shown really anything in his career. We are still early in the season but making the UCL is gonna take a big effort and a lot of work. I dont see Gattusso leading the team there. Screw all that grinta stuff.

Inter is not improving, but they are winning. There is a difference. They spent $$$ to get better players, and that's what Milan need to do. A 93' minute winner against a bitter rival doesn't change everything in one night.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Inter is not improving, but they are winning. There is a difference. They spent $$$ to get better players, and that's what Milan need to do. A 93' minute winner against a bitter rival doesn't change everything in one night.
And we didnt spend $$$ to get better players?

You may not think Inter are improving but at the very least they are grinding out results when it matters.

Thats more than I can say for our bunch of bottlejobs.

And the large portion of that blame should go on the coach.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
People on here still deluding themselves because of Nostalgia

Rino is a mediocre coach and has always been. I like him a lot as a legend but time to cut our loses

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
And we didnt spend $$$ to get better players?

You may not think Inter are improving but at the very least they are grinding out results when it matters.

Thats more than I can say for our bunch of bottlejobs.

And the large portion of that blame should go on the coach.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Inter have spent more heavily than we have for the last 3-5 years. They do have a better team on the pitch, but except for a 93rd-minute header they didn't exactly play us off the park.

I'm disappointed in Rino's loyalty to certain players and formations more than anything, granted we don't have a complete squad.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Inter have spent more heavily than we have for the last 3-5 years. They do have a better team on the pitch, but except for a 93rd-minute header they didn't exactly play us off the park.

I'm disappointed in Rino's loyalty to certain players and formations more than anything, granted we don't have a complete squad.
Not when you account for net spend

No not really

A lot of people seem to forget that we did spend heavily once before last season (the season we signed Bacca)

Difference is, bar a few hiccups here and there, they spent exactly where they needed to whereas we just said fuck it, let's just spend.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Same things people said for Montella..."give him more chances"

We should have let Gattuso go when we drew 3 straight against Cagliari, Empoli, Atalanta. Especially the way we drew those games.

By the time it's clear to even people who knows nothing about football that Gattuso needs to be fired, we will have to settle for whoever and then if he even does decently, we will have the same voices going "well he did that with no prep + did not get to request his squad, what if he had preseason + new squad + blah blah blah". Year after year, mediocre managers. Hoping Seedorf or Montella can turn into a Guardiola. Hoping Gattuso or Mihajlovic can turn into a Conte. We already have a squad that still has many holes that needs addressing, and we are banking on midtable managers to hopefully become the next greatest thing.

Wash Rinse Repeat. Year 0 over and over again. We need to get out of this negative loop NOW!

I'll throw out there that Seedorf actually did quite well during his spell (had the 4th most points in Serie A over the stretch he was in charge, and we improved from 11th to 8th, before going 10th with Seedorf.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
One of our biggest weakness this season is players mentality. How could we fix it if our coach, who was a champion, a man without a fear, shows his fear in a derby game?

xDxMxSx

Banned
Reaction score
I'll throw out there that Seedorf actually did quite well during his spell (had the 4th most points in Serie A over the stretch he was in charge, and we improved from 11th to 8th, before going 10th with Seedorf.
Oh come on, stop it with that nonsene already. Balotelli was the man who was pulling the wagon back then, nothing more. They were shit under Clarence also, just got some points.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

This metric was even better with Gattuso.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Fuck, seedorf was a coach here, make me look like a prick when I said "Italy isnt ready for a black coach"... I'm sorry for it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Fuck, seedorf was a coach here, make me look like a prick when I said "Italy isnt ready for a black coach"... I'm sorry for it.

Did laugh when you suggested that earlier. :lol::lol::D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
oh look, a n00b coach is suddenly not doing well, nobody saw this coming.

if they can't afford conte, just hire jardim, fuck donadoni.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kessie really isn't the one to blame. Like you said, he won duels, made a superb block, intercepted numerous balls and held onto the ball a handful of times which made it possible for the team to go up the field/release pressure.

Bonaventura on the other hand was completely missing in the midfield.

And yes, I'm referring to the 91st min substitute. I'd rather see him made a useful sub before the 91st mine but Abate added nothing except wasting a couple of seconds, which however was the reason for that substitute like you pointed out yourself. The question remains though, why not make a substitute that isn't completely unjustified besides wasting time. Or better yet, why not make a useful substitute before the 90'? With your logic it'd be just as good to see Reina come in as an outfield player as long as he's walking onto the pitch during extra time.

i agree with you on most part. subs should have been made earlier. but i'm mad at the way we "played" when we had the ball rather than on who came on for whom. honestly, if it was possible i would change all 6 players from mid and attack after the break that's how bad everyone was. reminded me of inzaghi era. rr, suso were usually dependable with ball but they were totally off. players were scattered all over the field and every time we had the ball, we rushed to attack instead of trying to settle. i was mad at kessie for this exact reason. biglia and bonaventura were completely invisible too. felt bad for higuain who gets ignored all the time. calabria couldn't join attack because we kept losing the ball easily. most annoying thing was gattuso let that happen the whole game. credit to merda too, for pressing us the whole game.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Still here, guess we don't want CL qualification after all.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
“If the game had ended 0-0 there’d be a different judgement, but I don’t prepare matches to draw them.

This quote keeps coming back to me, and I keep thinking, no, there wouldn't be a different judgement.

Sure it wouldn't have been as depressing, but it would have been undeserved if we pulled it off. We would have also wondered why the team was so timid. We would have questioned the substitutions and the Cutrone on the left wing decision. We would be asking ourselves if we could have won if more sensible decisions were made.

I'm still not over it. :(

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
There would be a different judgement.

This forum has pretty much gone off the deep end since the result and is only now returning to normalcy.

There was less outrage when Mourinho smashed us 4-0.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

This forum has pretty much gone off the deep end since the result and is only now returning to normalcy.

People are finally starting to make a difference between Gattuso the world class player vs Gattuso the uber shite coach.

Its sad that our management didn't make the difference from the start. Gattuso had a shit resume before coming here, and we were in a shite situation before he came here, so its not like we were in RM position where we won 3 CL in a row...and we could be like fuck it, lets see what Gattuso can do.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“If the game had ended 0-0 there’d be a different judgement, but I don’t prepare matches to draw them.

This quote keeps coming back to me, and I keep thinking, no, there wouldn't be a different judgement.

Sure it wouldn't have been as depressing, but it would have been undeserved if we pulled it off. We would have also wondered why the team was so timid. We would have questioned the substitutions and the Cutrone on the left wing decision. We would be asking ourselves if we could have won if more sensible decisions were made.

I'm still not over it. :(

He is either a liar or clueless.

Time is running out for him.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

This forum has pretty much gone off the deep end since the result
and is only now returning to normalcy.

I am a Rino fan both as a coach and as a player. I want him to succeed and have a long career with us and take us to heights like trebles and successive championships. I still do.

I was thrilled that we had a winning streak and were finding our style and a groove. We played really attractive football and there was a clear direction and progression, even from the Napoli defeat to some of the draws, there was something there. Rino was learning, adapting. It seemed he was figuring things out.

What was disappointing with the derby was the manner of the defeat. It was a huge step backwards at a crucial time. His decisions were very poor and the interview post-match confirmed that he was going for a more physical style which we are not made for, apart from Kessie maybe.

I still hope he bounces back.

Just speaking for myself, maybe this feeling of disappointment is because I really want this to work out. As opposed to Leo as a rookie coach losing 4-0 to Mourinho. I never thought Leo would make a good coach. He was always boardroom material. I was hoping for Rijkaard to replace Carletto back then.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

tenor.gif

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
he's a liar because....he said the reaction after a game would be different with a different result.... :balo2:

Schedule