BJumxhvCMAIBuzT.jpg

AC Milan ‏@acmilan

In the history, in our hearts... happy birthday Captain

Nella storia, nei nostri cuori… tanti auguri Capitano

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Happy Bithday Baresi, best ever libero.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Happy birthday our captain!!

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
HP! Greatest ever.

PaoloMaldini3

Legend
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!

The story we had sign Baresi is awesome he had a trial at inter and the youth coach or so rejected him because he had already a contract with us and then he bring him to us.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Words and Interview by Ben Rebuck published in the April 2013 edition of the magazine, "Libero"

Baresi.png

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
his interviews are so nice .. I love him esp after his reaction from people who booed maldini.

so magnanimous ..

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
His interview which appeared in Four Four Two's - The Legends Interviews

Page 1

Baresi.jpg

Page 2

Baresi%25202.jpg

Page 3

baresi%25203.jpg

Baresi%25204.jpg

New%2520Picture%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Page 4

baresi%25203rd%2520last.jpg

Baresi%25202nd%2520last.jpg

Page 5

Baresi%2520last.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Franco Baresi talked to the fans on Twitter today. :star::star::star::star::star:

MILAN – Here’s today’s exclusive Twitter Q&A with club legend Franco Baresi @acmilan.

Q: If a film was made of your life, who would you want to act in it?
A: Good question. I have a weakness for Batman, Cristian Bale’s last film was really good.

Q: Did Milan change you in some way? Do you have message for the current players?
A: Love what you do, play with passion and any objective becomes possible.

Q: What the main quality that a defender needs?
A: The best quality is attention.

Q: If you could play against anyone today, who would it be?
A: I’d like to play against Barcelona.

Q: What’s your relationship with Paolo Maldioni like?
A: Our relationship is good. We see each other often with the Milan Glorie team and the Milan Foundation.

Q: What you think of this young Italian side? Do you think they’ll life the World Cup in Brazil?
A: They’ve got a lot better in recent years and I think they can do well in the World Cup.

Q: Captain, what’s the game you remember the most?
A: I’d say the time we played Barcelona in ’94 (Big win for Milan).

Q: Which defender is the most like you?
A: The name that comes to mind is Thiago Silva.

Q: Who’s your best friend?
A: there are many ex-players that I call friends, in Italy and abroad.

Q: What’s your favorite color?
A: Blue. And red and black of course.

Q. Will you coach Milan in the future?
A: Never say never!

Q: How does a great player like yourself know when the time has come to retire?
A:It’s a delicate decision and you have to be prepared for it, but it’s important to make space for young players.

Q: Who’s the best player you’ve come up against?
A: Maradona, Careca and Romario.

Q: You played against your brother in derby matches. Is there one match in particular that surprised you?
A: Playing in the same position, me and my brother clashed often. They were always very emotional games.

Q: Who is the best defender in Italy today?
A: It is difficult to answer because there are a lot.

Q: Why did you stay at Milan when they were relegated?
A: It was to thank the club where I first started out.

Q: Where do you like to go on holiday?
A: The seaside.

Q: You played against Ronaldo and Romario, who do you think was better?A: Ronaldo came to Italy when I had retired. Joking apart Romario was better.

Q: As a player which match did you enjoy playing in the most?
A: All the matches against Real Madrid were fantastic, especially in '89.

Q: Would you say the Milan defence 1988-1994 and the Italy one coached by Vicini in '90 were the strongest you played in?
A: I would agree, we won everything then!

Q: What was the most emotional moment in a Milan shirt?
A: The first Champions League final and my farewell match but there were lots of others.

Q: What do you think of De Sciglio?
A: He is showing his quality and he has a great future ahead.

Q: Is there anything you would change?
A: I would change the World Cup Final but overall it is a fairytale!

Q: Who was your favourite player when you were young?
A: A Milan player, Gianni Rivera

Q: Who was the best between Baresi and Beckenbauer?
A: Beckenbauer was the best in his role.

Q: How is the youth sector working?
A: The club are really backing this area and it is playing off.

Q: What sports do you like apart from football?
A: Basketball and tennis!. I am a big fan of the NBA

Q:Have you ever had to give a "reprimand" some young talent who then has become a champion?
A: I had to reprimand some young players who were with us! # Maldini did not need it even at 17 years.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Franco Baresi talked to the fans on Twitter today.

Q: Which defender is the most like you?
A: The name that comes to mind is Thiago Silva.

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q: Who is the best defender in Italy today?
A: It is difficult to answer because there are a lot.

Bullshit! Name 3

: ) Love Baresi

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Jan 24, 2014 8:30:00 Seedorf faces a tough task to turn things around, insists Baresi

Former AC Milan captain Franco Baresi believes that new coach Clarence Seedorf faces a tough task in getting the Rossoneri back on track.

The Rossoneri icon fears the Dutchman could be in for a difficult task and has urged the club to stay true to their own philosophy

The Serie A side parted company with Massimiliano Allegri earlier this month, after a dreadful first half of the season, and appointed Seedorf as the 46-year-old's successor.

The Dutchman aims to follow in the footsteps of high-profile coaches such as Arrigo Sacchi, Fabio Capello and Carlo Ancelotti, who all guided Milan to great success during their respective spells at San Siro, but Baresi fears Seedorf could struggle because of club's current financial problems.

"Every coach has his own story. Some of them were experienced when they came to Milan and others were not. A lot of factors decide whether a coach will be successful," the Rossoneri legend told Goal.

"You need a great team and the faith of the club, but you also need a bit of luck. Ancelotti, for example, joined Milan at the perfect moment when they had an amazing squad. Seedorf faces a much bigger challenge.

"Milan are going through a difficult moment. Things are changing and the club's economic situation is no longer like before.

"You might have some amazing ideas, but it's going to be hard if you are not working with the best material.

"I hope Ancelotti serves as an inspiration to him, even though their situations are different. Ancelotti remains the best Milan coach from recent years, both as a human being and for his methods."

Baresi then went on to discuss the role of Mario Balotelli at Milan and stressed that the striker could become a key man for the Rossoneri, even though an individual can only do so much for the team.

"Balotelli himself is not completely aware of how much he could give to the team yet," the former defender argued. "Football is a collective game, though. Individuals are important, but they can only do so much.

"Look at [new signing] Keisuke Honda for example. He might encounter some difficulties because he has joined a team that is struggling."

The former Italy international also had his say on Milan's philosophy and insisted that they should stay true to their own style rather than try and copy teams like Barcelona and Ajax.

"For me, Milan should focus on their own philopshy and style," he mused. "It's a good thing to look at how other clubs work, but it's difficult to copy the Barcelona model. We're talking about a different country, a different culture and a different style of football.

"Milan will have to be rebuilt step by step, with a new and ambitious project. This is going to take time.

"Milan need young and good players. That's the path the club should follow. The goal should be to become competitive again.

"And let's not forget that Milan are still in the Champions League. The team will give its all in the round of 16."

Milan take on Atletico Madrid in the round of 16, with the first leg of the tie taking place at San Siro on February 19.

joy

Banned
Reaction score
Baresi is someone with whom reasonable fellows can agree effortlessly.