Will Maldini break the WC record?

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
it would be nice to see maldini breaking this record :)
i mean, he will since italy will reach the finals so... ;)

www.acmilan-online.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Italy Must Reach Final For Maldini To Break Appearance Record
29.5 || unknown

Italy captain Paolo Maldini is aiming to break Lothar Matthaus's record of having played 25 games at the World Cup.

The Milan defender is currently on 19 appearances meaning he needs seven more to beat the German's record. He has announced that he is to retire from international football after the World Cup meaning it is touch and go as to whether he will make it.

"This is an important milestone," said Maldini. "Breaking the record would mean that Italy had reached the final."

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for Maldini, but he won't make it. You already know my picks: POR & ARG.

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! CONGRATULATIONS FOR MALDINI!. HE`S SO LUCKY, AS HE FINISHED HIS SUCSESSFUL CARRIER WITH THE WORLD CUP. AUGURI MALDO , U FINALLY DID IT!

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hope it for Paolo, it's will be a nice ending to his international carrer.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco Van Basten
Paolo deserves it as well, and Itay deserve this damned, fucked-up world cup. let's see how we will play anyway.

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
With today’s match Paolo Maldini earned his 123rd cap with the Azzurri.
Italy’s captain was at his 20th match in the World Cup final tournaments (equalling Lato, who played as a winger in the 70s’ Poland)).
On Saturday, with Croatia, he will reach the German forward Seeler, the Polish defender Zmuda and Diego Armando Maradona (21 caps each in the World Cup). Matthaus is the record-holder, with 25 caps.
Against Ecuador Trapattoni sent in also Rino Gattuso, who collected his 14th cap with the national side.

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
Italy has to make the semi's not the finals. Because if they loose in the finals, then they still play in the 3rd placed match.

Reaction score
I think Italy will make the semi's at least and have a very good chance of winning the tournament. I hope they win the tournament for Maldini's sake. He's lost only 1 of his 20 World cup matches in normal time, the rest have been on Penalties. (Argentina in Italia 90, Brazil in USA 94, France in France 98). He deserves to win and so we do..

come on Italy...you deserve it.

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
Italy never played well but still win thier matches. The last game was giving to the Croats bcoz of the refree(s). Also, Italy have so many stars who were sitting in the bench, if they played , they could smashed the Croats. Thnx again to the refrees :mad:

Schedule