Jaap Stam Thread

Nesta87

Banned
Reaction score
Jaap no more

Stam set for summer exit?
25.10 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan stopper Jaap Stam could return to Holland at the end of this season, according to reports.

The 33-year-old is contracted to the Italian giants until June 2007, but a summer switch may be on the horizon.

Stories in the peninsula have already suggested that Stam could ask for a transfer and his agent has admitted that a switch is a possibility.

"Jaap is very happy at Milan and is contracted to the club for another two years," Henk Van Ginkel is quoted as saying.

"However, Stam wants to go back home to Holland so that he can totally dedicate himself to his family.

"Two clubs have already said they are interested in him. We’ll now have to speak to Milan and see what can be done."

It’s understood that PSV Eindhoven, where Stam played between 1996-1998, and Heerenveen are keen on his signature.

The former international joined the San Siro giants in the summer of 2004 for around £7.5m from Lazio.

He started his career at FC Zwolle, but really hit the headlines after three successful years at Manchester United before his August 2001 move to Italy.

Milan are already looking for new defenders to rejuvenate their ageing rearguard.

Udinese’s Dias Felipe, Cristian Chivu of Roma and Paris Saint-Germain’s Mario Yepes have all been associated recently.

I think this is a good move, Jaap had been one of my fav players for the past year but i think he and we need to split. I think this means that we are finally heading in the righ direction.
comments?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stam is fundamental at the moment, he really is performing great. He himself said he has never thought of leaving Milan.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Why do you think there is a Jaap Stam thread in the players section???

I bet it's so you can put all this crap about Stam in there without creating pointless threads ;)

Nesta87

Banned
Reaction score
pull your head in mate...this isn't a pointless thread, cock head

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Nesta87 said:
It is when you consider that this has already been discussed in the Stam thread :o
And I would edit that last phrase if I were you :rolleyes:

Milanetto

AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Stam is only one of those who sould leave us. Also I don't see any place and chance for Simic and Rui Costa.
But as about Jaap, I wonna say him a great Thanks for playing so good and brave in AC Milan

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
there are only few young defenders who are better than Jaap Stam and who are available in the transfer market at the moment. So its hard for us to find right ones.

IMO, Stam is currently important enough in our squad. He is not that old comparing to Maldini and Cafu. If Cafu can still play at high level then why not Stam. Maldini is just an exceptional, he cant be compared.
I think Stam can help us for another season, then he could leave. We need his strong physical in defence.

Last edited:

Milanetto

AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
acmilan1988 said:
there are only view young defenders who are better than Jaap Stam and who are available in the transfer market at the moment. So its hard for us to find right ones.

IMO, Stam is currently important enough in our squad. He is not that old comparing to Maldini and Cafu. If Cafu can still play at high level then why not Stam. Maldini is just an exceptional, he cant be compared.
I think Stam can help us for another season, then he could leave. We need his strong physical in defence.
If U say. that more young players should come to Milan, why do we have to keep Stam? What 4?
IMO, Stam should leave immediatly, and for the money we'll get from the transfer, we should buy Kompani or Felipe.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acmilan1988 said:
I agree, Stam is fundamental.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Well, if he wants to move, it's ok...

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Nesta87 said:
I'm the cock head eh? Must be me who keeps posting silly insults to people who point out that threads are in fact pointless and even posted in the incorrect section. What is your plan now then? Gonna post something about signing Ronaldo in the Multimedia section :D

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
It's all but official now, Stam will be leaving us in the summer.

Channel4:

"Jaap Stam looks almost certain to quit Milan in the summer after the Rossoneri opened the door for his exit.

The 33-year-old stopper is eager for a return to Holland and a transfer now seems almost inevitable.

"If Stam wants to return to Holland then we will look to please him," stated boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"Milan are not a club who will stand in anybody’s way, but Stam won’t be leaving us before June."

Although happy at Milan, the former Manchester United defender wants to depart for personal reasons."

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
He has contrat .. so if he wanna leave he most pay the cause of breaking the contrat.. but I dont belive Milan will stop leaving if he decided so.. depends alot if we win something this year.. if we will.. I dont think he will leave.. thats just my teory.. in other side.. I like his performance.. but again he is getting old.. we most fresh a bit the defense.. today we got linked again with Chivu wich is not bad either..

Dont belive what Galliani says.. he said about Dhorasoo & Tomasson that they wont leave Milan just day before they both were sold ..

Reaction score
Stam out i dont agree

I dont agree if stam leave us
i dont think he have any problem here
he just came from ingjury n show his clas playing i dont think he want to move in holland
let hope is just speculation

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MODS::: ADMINS:::

PLEASE merge this one with the main Stam thread in the players section, he really hasn't done enough yet to deserve 2 ;) Thanks.

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
Donot leave Jaap Stam;)
Milan needs u
The one to leave should be Gattuso;)

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
EINDHOVEN: Speaking to the Dutch press, Jaap Stam said: 'I am fine at Milan. I have a contract that runs for another two years. I intend to respect it. I'll stay at Milan and I have nothing more to add.

Source: acmilan.com

If he stays until 2007, maybe there will be no young defender this january or next summer.... :head: :head: :head:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
He will probably leave.. I dont mind to say the truth..

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
I think it's best to keep him until contract expires. Why to get rid of him now? He is performing well..

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Anderson Lima said:
I think it's best to keep him until contract expires. Why to get rid of him now? He is performing well..

STAM: 'I'll stay at Milan'
10/31/2005
EINDHOVEN: Speaking to the Dutch press, Jaap Stam said: 'I am fine at Milan. I have a contract that runs for another two years. I intend to respect it. I'll stay at Milan and I have nothing more to add.'

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Anderson Lima said:
i agree with that, but with the addition of keeping him we also invest in one or two young defenders. Carlo is stupid if he thinks if Stam stays are defense worries are solved (i dont think he is that stupid).

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
mzk57 said:
Donot leave Jaap Stam;)
Milan needs u
The one to leave should be Gattuso;)
I can't agree with you because I think Gattuso is good player , I believe Guattuso will become the captain of Milan after Maldini retire .:gun:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should keep him only until after his contract expires, then bid him farewell. No extensions. By the time his contract runs out, he won't have gotten any younger.

Schedule