Sandro Tonali Thread

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
He looks like the main guy from the original Jeepers Creepers film.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Welcome Tonali. I hope he become legend for Milan.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
He is so happy. I have never seen a player with this level of happiness when he joins AC Milan.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Yes.

jizz-144790.gif

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This makes me happy.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Welcome Sandro. Just 6 months ago this would?ve merely been a dream move.

Justify the hype!

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Welcome Sandro.

I hope this turns into a great signing. I never thought we had a chance of signing him so hopefully things are on the up at Milan.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Over the past decade every single Italian we have bought can be described as some combination of very average, very injured, or very snake-like. Literally can't think of a single exception.

So good time to come to milan as the bar for success couldnt be any lower.

6.5/10 performances without being a defensive liability, stay fit to be available for rotation, and don't have raiola as your agent.

He's not meeting my expectations.

Needs to turn down the Montonali.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
So good that we don't need to rely on him as a starter. I think he'll turn out good eventually, no pressure for now.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My only worry is if he can play in a 2 man central midfield, similar to Bakayoko

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still had less than a half hour of playing time. He definitely looks nervous and confidence is everything in that position.

Couple things to consider, as a passing player he has had basically zero minutes playing with and learning the movements of the attackers. He’s looked out of sync, which makes sense. He entered the field today with other substitutions and many of our key players not on the pitch, you can’t expect him to release attackers and be stringing the ball around during a chaotic end of the game. Just won’t happen.

The more time he plays and trains with his other midfielders and the guys like rebic, Zlatan, Hakan and leao, then we’ll be able to judge him. But coming off the bench and expecting forward passes when they’re trying to close the game is silly

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Sandro Tonali for Milan TV:

About the game on San Siro:

Playing at San Siro is always something special. It is a stadium that went down in the history of football and always arouses emotions. The presence of fans was felt, although there weren't many of them.

About Pioli:

He always tells us to work a lot. When the player is ready he allows him to play. It must work well during the week.

About Ibrahimović:

He remains the same, he is always strong. Even today, he gave us a helping hand. Ibra is an example for everyone. You just have to admire him and that's it.

Are you thinking about your next match?

Yes. We want to build our house brick by brick. I will definitely remember my debut. Our thoughts are already at the next match.

#BrickbyBrick

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My only worry is if he can play in a 2 man central midfield, similar to Bakayoko

As if he has proved he can play in a 3 man midfield.
He was awful in open play last season for Brescia.
The hype is from set-piece assists, Serie B highlights and meaningless similarities with Pirlo.
The 18 year old Locatelli of 16/17 season Milan was a better
anchor than the 19 & 20 year old Tonali of last season.
Perhaps that's why Cellino is acting like he's scamming Maldini....even lying about massive bids from the likes of Man Utd that he supposedly rejected out of kindness.

This kid provides no guarantees whatsoever.
Maybe he will turn into a fine player. I'm not writing him off, because he has shown some promise, but Bakayoko is the quality backup we need this season.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
The hype is from set-piece assists, Serie B highlights and meaningless similarities with Pirlo.
Perhaps that's why Cellino is acting like he's scamming Maldini....even lying about massive bids from the likes of Man Utd that he supposedly rejected out of kindness.

Maybe he will turn into a fine player. I'm not writing him off, because he has shown some promise, but Bakayoko is the quality backup we need this season.

Wow.... easy... easy.. give the boy some chances.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Wow.... easy... easy.. give the boy some chances.

He's right though, he hasn't proven much yet. I'm ok with the transfer, as I think he has potential, but I'm glad we don't have to rely on him as a starter. I think it will turn out OK for all in the end, but we'll see if he ends up a GOOD player or a GREAT one.

Would have welcomed Locatelli back too, but well.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That’s all full of shit. Tonali was ranked high in most major stat categories last season, even amongst all top 5 leagues when compared with similar players in his age range. He was not terrible from open play, Jesus Christ.

He is not an effective anchor, and he has a lot of work to do here if he wants to improve. But keep it simple and keep it at that, he has work to do. He was not an awful player outside of set pieces, give me a break.

By the way, he is a decent player and getting the ball out of pressure with his feet/winning a foul when pressed. Downside to that is that at Milan he will have to move the ball faster, but as he becomes more comfortable we’ll be able to judge him more. Learning his teammates movements is what he needs to focus on right now.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Yeah, if he went to inter I wouldn't have lost half an hour of sleep over it as opposed to not getting bakayoko.

The only bright side about this deal is if he flops then it's only like a 10 mil loss to us and we can use the remainder of his money to actually, permanently buy bakayoko. Which frankly should have been done as soon as gattuso was sacked.

Anyway, my expectations of him are extremely low and I still suspect he will fail to meet them. Montonali is a name that might stick :head:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

There is no point to compare with Locatelli since he was the one who wanted to move.

It is too early to judge Tonali now. We don't bring him to be a starter, he should be our first backup, a reliable one.

Schedule