UCL Round of 16: Manchester United (4) vs AC Milan (0) - 10/3/2010

How ugly is Wayne Rooney?

• Ugly enough for Materazzi to sleep with.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Nearing Ronaldo's "female" friends.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Uberugly.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Uglier than MilanoMichael.

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
everyone think back and remember the munich games of 2007, we dre 2-2 in the san siro and then everybody thought " oh well, the roosoneri are out now". but then seedorf and pippo tore munich a new one in thier own stadium and we won 2-0. it can happen again.

also. i have just seen how rooney stamped on bonera's head and on silva's ankle and there was no way he should have still been on the pitch

Rooney and Ferdinand both should have left the field
along with Carrick(or Fletcher whichever one was red carded.)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Rooney and Ferdinand both should have left the field
along with Carrick(or Fletcher whichever one was red carded.)

Should have, would have... these thing happen in football all the time. Don't think like that, no good comes out of it although you're right.

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
...........dinho...borre...pato
.....ambr.........pirlo......seedorf
flamini....nesta...silva....bonera
.................abbiati

antonini wont make it to the game, flamini have played as left FB at arsenal plus we have nothing to lose so lets make it a benefit

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
I think we should try the xmas tree formation for this game..with dinho and seedorf at AM while playin pato as a CF as he's the best forward we have..and probably a midfield of ambro pirlo and flams..

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I think we should try the xmas tree formation for this game..with dinho and seedorf at AM while playin pato as a CF as he's the best forward we have..and probably a midfield of ambro pirlo and flams..

:tongue: that was my suggestion for yesterday, but now I want our 4-3-3 w/Borriello

we need attack !!!!!

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Wow didn't know Rooney played so dirty but heyyy what can I expect from a player so loved by our resident Ibra fan? :proud:. Pity he didn't try that shit on Inzaghi, he would have rolled around like he got plastered by an Abomb ;) Dida and Gila don't have shit on Pippo's (play-acting) skillz :D. What happened yesterday makes me miss super tough defenders like Paolo and Stam. They're not inherently dirty but if Rooster tried that shit up in our house I'm pretty sure it would have been broken metatarsal time again for his ****** ass :cool:

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
it's almost as attacking as yesterday, and we played good first half (WITH Antonini), and we need to score some goals......

Yeah, and conceeded 3, out of nothing. On the other hand, we have no choice now. We are basically out, we can only gain something now. Even a Roma like defeat (7:1) does not scare me.

E

Esoteric

You guys really think if Borrielo started yesterday, we would have scored ? The whole team just didn't have a socring mentality It's like" we scored the first goal, we're dominating, we will score a lot in the minutes to come". It had nothing to do with Hunt or Pato or Ronaldinho individually because we showed Madrid in Bernabeau about effectiveness. If we change that shitty mentality, even if Paloschi started for us we would have won.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
we need to attack in this game, we have nothing to lose.

i vote for a 4-2-1-3. with seedorf, borri, abbi and anto starting. with dida, becks, hunt dropping to the bench.

hopefully anto will be fit, when he went off and favalli came on, we crumbled due to their pace. if anto was on and didn't get injured then there would have been no first goal for them, as silva was dragged over to cover, and he would have been in the center and cleared the ball. and no 2nd goal either because he probably would have kept up with valencia,

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We have no chance of getting through now. I hate to admit that but our squad simply is not strong enough.

We will almost certainly concede and we are not good enough to score 3 or 4 goals at Old Trafford.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
We have no chance of getting through now. I hate to admit that but our squad simply is not strong enough.

We will almost certainly concede and we are not good enough to score 3 or 4 goals at Old Trafford.
2-0 will do :cool:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
---------------Abbiati---------------
--Bonera--Nesta--Silva--Antonini--
----Flamini---Pirlo---Ambro-------
---Pato-----Huntelaar-----Dinho---

Seedorf come on for the most tired mid at the start of the second. I still like Hunter to put one away, have the faith. Flamini's energy from the start helps us win the ball to create chances. If Antonini is out, play Flamini at LB is a game leading up to ManU and let him go there with Seedorf playing from the start

rami1988

Primavera
Reaction score
Bad news: antonini gonna be out for the return leg.. lets all hope zambrotta is fit by then..

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
Bad news: antonini gonna be out for the return leg.. lets all hope zambrotta is fit by then..

No man the bad news is tht we dont stand a chance @ OT !!

We all seen Man Utd champions league encounters after 2007 they park the bus in front of goal and we know how much trouble we have in unlocking defences even small teams like bologna and let alone a United!!

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Bonera-Nesta-TS-Zambro
Pirlo-Ambro
Seedorf
Pato-Pippo/Borri-Dinho​

I definitely want Pippo to play at least half an hour but I'm not sure who would be better to start.

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We wont go through,i mean come on if we had lose 3-2 or even 4-2 at Old Trafford then i would be optimistic that we can beat them with 2 goals difference at San Siro,but losing 2-3 on home ground,with the away goals rule is just very very bad,we are knocked out,the least we could do was get a draw,and even that wouldnt be the best result,but losing at home,with 3 goals,thats just the end of the story.

Maybe with all the luck of the world we could win 0-1 there,but now way it will be 0-2....i will watch this game like all other Milanista,and i will hope we will make it,but i am certainly not counting on it,Rooney in his shape reminds me of the Kaka we had in 2007,we also played every ball to Kaka and hoped he would do something magic,give Rooney the ball and he will fuck the opponent....

To bad Inzaghi,Ambro or Nesta/Silva couldnt get that 3-3 behind Van Der Sar.....to bad

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
It was nice while it lasted really and i'm sure menagment didnt expect more either !?

Leo changed the system and this seasson was more of a test really now menagment needs to buy players that fit in this new Ultra Attacking Milan cuz with those we have its imposible and our bench sucks big time !!

rami1988

Primavera
Reaction score
It was nice while it lasted really and i'm sure menagment didnt expect more either !?

Leo changed the system and this seasson was more of a test really now menagment needs to buy players that fit in this new Ultra Attacking Milan cuz with those we have its imposible and our bench sucks big time !!

I feel even this team could've done more with a tad more luck.. but its true, we wouldn't have left it to luck if we had a striker like dzeko or even better torres.. wouldve been over in first half.. our squad isn't as bad as you think.. remember we had 2 full backs injured (anto and zambro). What we need is a CF and we also need pato to mature a bit then we're fine.. a full back would also be nice but not a necessity.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
yeah the injuries are killing us as it seems to happen at the important moments :(.. but that's said we just lack depth, I mean in some areas we have subs that aren't capable of replacing our first team players (defense and wide attacking players)

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
-------------abbi
zambrotta--nseta--silva--flamini
------pirlo-------ambro
----------seedorf
pato-----borriello-----dinho

if antonini still injured.. try use flamini as a full-back like he do at arsenal..
if we leading 2-0.. replace dinho with gattuso.. to strenght our midfield..
if we really need a goal replace seedorf with inzaghi and we play 4-2-4.. KAMIKAZE..

i hope we can win this match..
i believe milan will make it through quarter final.. FORZA MILAN!!
i take it ur talking about ur fantasy football team?

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
In my opinion, we have shown that we can outplay them. We played two games last time - one where we were fluid and attacked, and one where we were clueless and slow. Manchester can't possibly hope to withhold us if we manage to pile up pressure from the start and play with motivation. However, should we get complacent, we should be happy not to be humiliated at Old Trafford.

Also, we need to get Pato & Nesta in top form for the rematch - those two showed nothing of what they can do, especially Nesta looking "off" the whole match.

I believe in the team more than I believe in any of the players. This is Milan, and Milan are always favorites in Europe.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
No man the bad news is tht we dont stand a chance @ OT !!

We all seen Man Utd champions league encounters after 2007 they park the bus in front of goal and we know how much trouble we have in unlocking defences even small teams like bologna and let alone a United!!

I take it you never watch United at home then?

Milan are by no means out if it. The tie is stil up in the air. An early goal for Milan and who knows?

Though a worrying thing for Milan would be that they couldn't beat United when we were playing arguably our worst half of the season (first). United will be so much better at OT, we were nowhere near as good as we can be. Still, the 2nd leg should be good.

Last edited:

Darlington

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone who helps get more scudetto and CL!
Starting Klaas wasn't the mistake, Becks was. Flavalli wasn't the man, Antonini was; He(flavalli) gave space for Valencia to do too much of crosses to Roonie. Dida wasn't the total fuck up, deffenders were. Ronaldinho isn't to idiot, the Ref. Was.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I take it you never watch United at home then?

Milan are by no means out if it. The tie is stil up in the air. An early goal for Milan and who knows?

Though a worrying thing for Milan would be that they couldn't beat United when we were playing arguably our worst half of the season (first). United will be so much better at OT, we were nowhere near as good as we can be. Still, the 2nd leg should be good.

you think theres any chance fergie packs it tight???? I know you guys have rep of always attacking @ home, but really, all he has to do is play it tight and walk outta there.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Starting Klaas wasn't the mistake, Becks was. Flavalli wasn't the man, Antonini was; He(flavalli) gave space for Valencia to do too much of crosses to Roonie. Dida wasn't the total fuck up, deffenders were. Ronaldinho isn't to idiot, the Ref. Was.

It's Favalli.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
i think it's about 50/50 that fergie plays defensive or attacking in this tie. he might rightly think that if manutd sit back milan can't possibly score 2 and manutd will probably get one from a counter-attack at least.

but if manutd attack aswell and play an open game then it could go anyway.

and i don't care about any proof that manutd ALWAYS attack in home games, etc. because we all know that this is a bigger game than usual and fergie is no pride-driven ******.

Last edited:

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Flamini should play, we need his energy in the midfield. I don't know if Pirlo should be dropped for Seedorf. Let's hope Zambrotta is fit if Anto is still injured.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
you think theres any chance fergie packs it tight???? I know you guys have rep of always attacking @ home, but really, all he has to do is play it tight and walk outta there.

Nah. When we equalised I was fully expecting Fergie to shut up shop, but we still attacked, then at 2-1 we were still going forward. If we don't defend away to Milan when we have a small lead then there's no chance that we'll do it at OT.

We won't go all out attack obviously, we'll play it 'normal', if that makes sense. Fergie said something in the post match interview which makes me think that we will attack ("I think Rooney has the beating of their defence").

The problem Milan have now is that if they start to play attacking, we'll play on the counter and I really fancy Valencia and Rooney on the counter. Could be deadly.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The problem Milan have now is that if they start to play attacking, we'll play on the counter and I really fancy Valencia and Rooney on the counter. Could be deadly.

agreed, which is why i think flamini might be necessary, but Milan can't drop seedorf or pirlo.

Schedule