Official: Alexis Saelemaekers Thread

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can we play him as CAM? He has all the requirements?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Probably my favorite player in the squad right now.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Let's play him as CAM when he's by far our best RW, and we have Hakan/Diaz/Krunic who can all play CAM. Right?

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Can we play him as CAM? He has all the requirements?

but-why.gif

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well, he seems capable to play in all three positions in attacking midfield.

His last assist just show how clever and fast he is with the decision on passing.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He looked like he wanted to be CAM against Inter.
Spent more time centrally and on the left flank than the right flank, even though Leao never switched flank.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
What a player? Top class.
Love him.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
choo choo all aboard the train :proud:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Is he better than pendu Jermaine Lens? :D

Yes :). Hey lens had his moments too.

But this guy's saelmakers is unreal. Love this guy. God forbid no injuries. Maldini found him hey ?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes :). Hey lens had his moments too.

But this guy's saelmakers is unreal. Love this guy. God forbid no injuries. Maldini found him hey ?

Moncada smelled his talent, i saw him at RSCA since his debut and thought like many others that he had talent but a shitty personality
in retrospect: his problem was that he was at RSCA, a team going through a bigger mess than our last three years

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Moncada smelled his talent, i saw him at RSCA since his debut and thought like many others that he had talent but a shitty personality

I'd say his personality is perhaps his greatest asset for us(the talent is good, but not exceptional).
Very extroverted, with a low impulse control. Shyness and insecurity seem to be unknown concepts to him. He loves showing off and being in the spotlight, rather than hiding from responsibility due to fear of failure. He has the mentality of a big club player.

But I can see why that worked against him at Anderlecht.
If the team is a hopeless mess, then the last thing you want, as a senior in the dressing room, is a loud, unfiltered kid.
I imagine he wasn't popular among Milan players either, at first.
The team had a few disappointing results in his first months. He wasn't performing well. When Hakan took a short corner Saele decided to immediately pass it back to him, in an offside position, and he had the nerve to shout at Hakan.:lol:

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
what I like about him is his skill set, although he still makes some mistakes.

but he has a quick first touch, and can explode of it and he is very fast, as a winger should be.

reminds me of a very youung pato in some ways..

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Alexis Saelemaekers arrived at Milan in January and initially struggled, not getting much playing time before the league was suspended. However, he has since become a crucial player for Stefano Pioli’s side.

The Rossoneri signed him on a paid loan from Anderlecht, worth €3.5m and also including a €3.5m buy-out clause. Due to the league suspension, it seemed he would be heading back to Belgium but Paolo Maldini decided to trigger the clause.

It turned out to be a very good decision, as Saelemaekers has improved significantly over the last few months. If he looked insecure at the start, that certainly isn’t the case now as he works hard for the team and adds value in both phases.

In an interview with Europa Calcio, the 21-year-old’s personal coach Jean Fran?ois Lenvain spoke about the transfer and also revealed that Pioli has followed Saelemaekers since his days at Fiorentina.

“I’ve known Alexis for three years, I helped him a lot in being able to combine football and school. When he left Anderlecht he asked me to continue coaching him, I always try to pass on to him the culture of sport, not just football.

The move to Milan was fantastic, for him it is incredible to play in a reality like the Rossoneri, unique in world football. He always works to the maximum to deserve the trust of Milan and of the coach Pioli, who already observed him when he was at Fiorentina.

“For Alexis, who wants to grow and improve more and more, the coach’s advice is very important. I would add that during the lockdown in March and April he worked hard to be physically ready when the championship resumed,” he stated.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
tripled his value, great player and a better character seems like

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Since his sublime first half during in the derby, I can not be mad at him.
I hope he can still level up and become a major player.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Seems to have a better end product than samu.... Samu even if not in best form always but always hussles. Both are not world class in their positions but so far they taking turns to do the job for Pioli.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Actually can score even if half the time he's wasteful on end product. But, his workrate and pressing and passing is actually great. His quick decision making on most passes to move the ball is really nice.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
CL gonna help a lot with player valuations.
18d4459d1664dfdb9b0375d84de3ab77.jpg

Dalot intentionally lowering his price so he will be cheaper to buy :proud: and then explode when we own him

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“I spend a bit of my free time on my computer at home, estimating prices. And the football industry then takes these valuations seriously,” said Martin Freundl, who decides the market values of all players in the German Bundesliga.

“It’s unreal. I’m just a social worker. I do this Transfermarkt work for fun and the football industry is worth millions. The contrast is insane.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ing-on-transfer-valuations-made-by-volunteers