Hernan Crespo Thread

Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, C.Ronaldo, Frank Lampart
crespo

Crespo has done everything he was suppose to do this year. I hope he continues as the year isn't over yet. Without his goals this year, Milan would be fighting Roma in the middle of the table.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I think everyone has to agree with this. I too hope he continues the good work has done thus far. However, I still stand firm in my opinion that he simply isn't needed next season if other moves fall into place. Really is no point having him around in the downside of his career, which is right around the corner, just like it is for most strikers that turn the wrong side of 30.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
I think everyone has to agree with this. I too hope he continues the good work has done thus far. However, I still stand firm in my opinion that he simply isn't needed next season if other moves fall into place. Really is no point having him around in the downside of his career, which is right around the corner, just like it is for most strikers that turn the wrong side of 30.

yeah but he still has a good 2-3 years in him. Trust me. I told you at the start of the season that he would be usefull. Not many believed. He prooved most of them wrong. The season isnt over yet and he still has a major part to play. We still need at least 3-4 world class strikers to that we can deal with the injury probes like we did this year. What if gila and sheva get injured like inzaghi and sheva did this season? He would be usefull and even if he doesnt play much next season if gila arrives, can still make a good contribution late in matches if needed.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
DonippoRuiShevdini said:

We have one striker whose talent we can rely on. We're short of strikers. Not to continue with the Inzaghi v Crespo thing, but that's the reason we're chasing Crespo. We didn't stop buying midfielders and wait for Redondo to return, we carried on and that's what we must do. There's room for Gilardino and there's room for Crespo because over the last two seasons when one striker has been out injured we've had to revert to one up front. Luckily, we've got away with it because our midfield's the best.

Everyone keeps saying Crespo is nearing the end, but our No.9 is older and hasn't been able to string three or four games over the last two years. What does that mean? We need a replacement. Do we get someone younger? Yes, we'll get Gilardino. Do we get another young striker as well? Probably not, a good one's expensive and a promising one needs a run of games to develop which Milan can't guarantee. We get the guy we've had on loan, who has now settled in, who is scoring goals, who gets on well with his team mates and wants to play for Milan. And we negotiate a reasonable price. It's not rocket science.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:
And we negotiate a reasonable price. It's not rocket science.
No, we will pay too much again for a 30-year old who is going to block a spot for a younger player, who is mediocre right now + not going to get any better + who will cost us + cost us.

So yea, we got Dhorasoo to.. ahem.. strengthen our midfield, another 30+ year old, but at least he was a freebie + certainly doesn't even receive 1/5 of what Crespo will pocket.

Who needs an overprized 30-year old with a fat salary to warm the bench for the next 3 (!!) years ? That's gonna be Crespo's fate, should we really sign Gila. The deal would make no sense at all, not from an economic nor from a football perspective. The only ones in denial of this who keep arguing pro-Crespo are those whose clarity of mind is hampered by their emotional attachment to Crespo + their obsession with somehow finding a way to oust Inzaghi. Don't even try to deny it, it's obvious as can be. Right, that's the point where you normally run out of arguments + therefore resort to accusing me of being Inzaghi-protective, wrong guys, I've never been + never will be, + if he doesn't recover I'm the first to suggest he's better off living the dolce far niente, but please then replace him with s.o. who will serve us long-term, just as JDT hopefully is to be replaced with Gila. Otherwise, if you have no prob with stiffy Crespo on the bench until he retires, why would you have one with Inzaghi ? :o

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
No, we will pay too much again for a 30-year old who is going to block a spot for a younger player, who is mediocre right now + not going to get any better + who will cost us + cost us.

So yea, we got Dhorasoo to.. ahem.. strengthen our midfield, another 30+ year old, but at least he was a freebie + certainly doesn't even receive 1/5 of what Crespo will pocket.

Who needs an overprized 30-year old with a fat salary to warm the bench for the next 3 (!!) years ? That's gonna be Crespo's fate, should we really sign Gila. The deal would make no sense at all, not from an economic nor from a football perspective. The only ones in denial of this who keep arguing pro-Crespo are those whose clarity of mind is hampered by their emotional attachment to Crespo + their obsession with somehow finding a way to oust Inzaghi. Don't even try to deny it, it's obvious as can be. Right, that's the point where you normally run out of arguments + therefore resort to accusing me of being I'm Inzaghi-protective, wrong guys, I've never been + never will be, + if he doesn't recover I'm the first to suggest he's better off living the dolce far niente, but please then replace him with s.o. who will serve us long-term, just as JDT hopefully is to be replaced with Gila. Otherwise, if you have no prob with stiffy Crespo on the bench until he retires, why would you have one with Inzaghi ? :o

ah here you go again. Which part of you doesnt get that when inzaghi was injured and crespo was having his fitness fight milan were rumoured to be on the look for a striker. Milan management promised him that they wont sing a new striker and still have faith in him. I repeat, They made a promise to pippo because inzaghi was as insecure as you are right now bout his position at the club. We are wrong about you being inzaghi protective? LoL sometimes i wonder whather you believe what you even type! You dont have to be einstein to know how much you adore n protect inzaghi here. Crespo and Gila will probably come will pippo and tomasson could face an uncertain future. Learn to live with that :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon is stupid beyond belief...

menon_inc said:
I repeat, They made a promise to pippo because inzaghi was as insecure as you are right now bout his position at the club.
Yea right, they took him by his hand, patted his back, comforted him + made promises. LOL. You seem to get around in Milan's insider circles, eh ? What they did was to refute media rumours + to state they won't sign another player. Inzaghi had a contract until 2008 at that time, so what should he have been frightened + insecure about ? Right, nothing :o Your imagination + wishful thinking are getting the better of you all the time. Maybe you should try + get some sleep.

menon_inc said:
You dont have to be einstein to know how much you adore n protect inzaghi here.
You actually don't even need a brain to realize how much you little fudgepacking butt dweller are into the Argentinian 'stud'. Your posts are self-evident. Oops, this assumption is wrong ? Well dude, so is yours :o

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Yea right, they took him by his hand, patted his back, comforted him + made promises. LOL. You seem to get around in Milan's insider circles, eh ? What they did was to refute media rumours + to state they won't sign another player. Inzaghi had a contract until 2008 at that time, so what should he have been frightened + insecure about ? Right, nothing :o Your imagination + wishful thinking are getting the better of you all the time. Maybe you should try + get some sleep.

LoL i dont have to get around milan's insider circle. It was stated in the official website before inzaghi signed a contract extension. He was insecure because he knew like you that he would loose his starting place when he gets back and go below the packing order! stop being insecure, try getting some sleep you're self! :)

Passion for *9* said:
You actually don't even need a brain to realize how much you little fudgepacking butt dweller are into the Argentinian 'stud'. Your posts are self-evident. Oops, this assumption is wrong ? Well dude, so is yours :o

i dont make 1000 assumptions and get it all wrong and make myself look like a joke. A fact that you have always looked like. When crespo signed you said that he wont score enough goals. When he started scoring, you started looking for excuses that he only scores againts small teams and not againts big team. Once again he prooved you wrong. Learn to live with it and have some pride and stop making a fool of you're self over and over again.

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
hey passion, its weird how you explain crespo overrated and can sit on the bench and take up a lot of money, i think you should feel the same way about inzaghi.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
god. i love this forum. it's like a real family. it's a joy logging on and reading all of everyone's heartfelt posts. i just want to say i love all of you guys.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I understand where evryone is coming from with their assessments on this. I just think that adding Crespo for a few more years presents us with another potential situation that has got the best of Inzaghi right now. Both players seem to do the exact same thing, with one major exception. One is hurt, and one is healthy. Crespo is at the beginning of the stage of his career that Inzaghi is completely floundering in. I foresee Crespo doing the same thing in 1-2 years, and unfortunately, he will be right on our bench doing it. Seeing how Pippo already has a contract with Milan for a few more years...it begs the inquiry: Isn't one Inzaghi enough? I certainly am a proprietor in that someoen should be rewarded for what they have done, I just hope Milan don't make a stupid move here.

Obviously, it takes a series of stupid moves to turn your side into a mid-table team. Any Milan fan here from the 95-97 era knows this quite well after watching us purchase terribly. It only takes one bad transfer strategy to initiate a string of poor managerial moves. Obviously, there are plenty of pros and cons to Crespo's arrival, and I am one who just seems to focus on the cons. I think actually winning a major trophy this year will rest some of the worries concerned about whether Crespo stays or goes. I actually notice his rapport with Kaka seems to be gettign better, and Kaka is the future of the team, so keeping him satisfied is a must.

I just hope everything works out well for Milan. Based upon recent success, I don't see why it shouldn't. :)

Reaction score
Hernan Crespo was so unhappy he almost quit soccer last year before a renaissance at AC Milan helped him win back his place as Argentina's top striker in the World Cup qualifiers.
Crespo, talking to reporters as Argentina prepared to meet Colombia in Buenos Aires on Wednesday, said he struggled with injury and a failure to settle in London when he joined Chelsea last season.
After the injury at Inter I spent a year and a half of Calvary and I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel," said Crespo, who is still a Chelsea player although on loan to AC Milan.

"I felt bad and wasn't at ease with myself. I got the strength to carry on from those who believed in my recovery."

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Copy + paste jobs are uncool if you 'forget' to post the source, kujta-nesta.

----

And yea, I almost start crying over Crespo's hard hard life. First he couldn't adapt to life in exciting London, then he didn't have the halfbrain needed to learn the language, next he got suicidal over a few minor injuries... Couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.. what a self-pitying whiner :o Thank god for Inzaghi who deals with his problems like a man + not like a fuckin pussy ! :o

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, if every man could follow the conduct that Pippo Inzaghi has shown in his career the world would be a better place.

On to a more serious note, a show of hands. Do people think we will buy Gilardino if Crespo signs? Simply, yes or no?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I certainly hope Crespo's arrival will not block Gilardino's arrival. To answer your question Sav, I don't know. I have a feeling it won't, and Tomasson will be the one let go, especially considering that Crespo has outplayed him completely this season. That would be an ideal scenario (and keep everyone here in this forum from bighting eachother's heads off. :D )

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I think we already have Gilardino even its not official.. with Sheva-Gilardino-Pippo-Crespo .. we will be strong again on atack .. something we lack right now .. JDT is 99% leaving our team .. probable destination will be England..

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
savicevic10 said:
Yes, if every man could follow the conduct that Pippo Inzaghi has shown in his career the world would be a better place.

On to a more serious note, a show of hands. Do people think we will buy Gilardino if Crespo signs? Simply, yes or no?

Without any doubt, yes!

Milan will need four top class strikers next season. They will make the loan signing of Crespo permanent and sign Gilardino allied to the sale of Tomasson.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's my opinion that due to a season's course it is only the fourth striker that can be decribed as "warming the bench".

Zalayeta - while Trez, Del Piero and Zlatan each play a lot of games

Cruz, Recoba - while Adriano, Martins and Vieri each play a lot of games

Last season

Borriello - while Sheva, Tomasson and Inzaghi played

So next season: ? - while Sheva, Gilardino and Crespo play

There's room for both for Gila and Crespo.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:
Do people think we will buy Gilardino if Crespo signs? Simply, yes or no?
No.

Gilardino has repeatedly stated (only recently in La Gazzetta again) that his future is still up in the air, so no done deal it seems. He has also stated he would not go anywhere to play 2nd fiddle, but with Ancelotti's love for Hernan + (beware !) Inzaghi maybe coming back he could find himself in that position. With JDT reluctant to leave we'd have 5 strikers on the roster + Galliani has always + repeatedly stated there won't be more than 4, period.

We'll see, I hope Milan won't be that stupid + push him straight into the welcoming arms of Juve.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Tomasson is a Milan player next season, I will chew off my left leg and change my name to Jon-Dahl.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
No.

Gilardino has repeatedly stated (only recently in La Gazzetta again) that his future is still up in the air, so no done deal it seems. He has also stated he would not go anywhere to play 2nd fiddle, but with Ancelotti's love for Hernan + (beware !) Inzaghi maybe coming back he could find himself in that position. With JDT reluctant to leave we'd have 5 strikers on the roster + Galliani has always + repeatedly stated there won't be more than 4, period. .

gilardino also said he will leave at the end of the season. Among all the big clubs like milan,juve and inter his best chance of playing would be in milan! :)..

Passion for *9* said:
Galliani has always + repeatedly stated there won't be more than 4, period.

yeah galliani also said that milan wont sign anymore brazilians unless he is as good as pele but ended up signing cafe and kaka..so chill :)

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
cagney said:
If Tomasson is a Milan player next season, I will chew off my left leg and change my name to Jon-Dahl.
I am keeping my tabs on u,hope u chew off ur leg i am not worried about u changing ur name to jo dahl but d chewing part i want :D he is nice lad,dey should give him more chance to prove himself.CRespo has been in form of late but how can we be sure his form wont take a nose dive soonest???

César Muñoz

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gabriel, el Pájaro, Pupi, Mascherano, Lucho, Maxi, Gallardo, el Payaso, el Burrito, el Pibito, Ayala
hernán va a volver. a big striker. he had very difficult time. it is over. he will score to Cafeteros today.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pixiraver said:
I am keeping my tabs on u,hope u chew off ur leg i am not worried about u changing ur name to jo dahl but d chewing part i want :D he is nice lad,dey should give him more chance to prove himself.CRespo has been in form of late but how can we be sure his form wont take a nose dive soonest???

I agree with you, Pixiraver. Tomasson is a nice guy but that's not a good enough reason to keep somebody at the club.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
savicevic10 said:

Unfortunately NO:head: . I'm sorry to say this but Crespo will be the stupidest transfer ever. I'd understand if he'd come for free and be used as a backup player, but nooo! Just think: we give, I don't know, 15 mil euro for him and he plays at his best 1-2 years at most. Is it worth it? For that money (or maybe a bit more, but definetly worth it) Gila will join Milan where he could play at his best for 10 years. I'm sick of all these stupid transfers that Milan do in the last couple of years, buying old players. All this will lead to a catastrophy, near in the future. I hope it won't be against Inter or Juve this season, at least. Just picture the game with Inter if Nesta is still injured. Martins will go through the couple: Maldini - Stam like going through butter. I'm not saying these players aren't good, but the truth is they're slow. Sometimes they can compensate by positioning themselves good, but not always...and that's not good enough. Man, at least get Chivu, Bonera or Kompany for the next season, whichever you prefear!

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
besikaka said:
I think we already have Gilardino even its not official.. with Sheva-Gilardino-Pippo-Crespo .. we will be strong again on atack .. something we lack right now .. JDT is 99% leaving our team .. probable destination will be England..
Probably England? Any idea which team??

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
Probably England? Any idea which team??
Ahm,, I really don't know what makes you guys so sure JDT will leave.. Just very recently he mentioned he has come to terms with not being a 1st team regular starter + enjoys life at Milan. He has never indicated a desire to leave. Milan would have to 'make him go' + that means more money down the drain... :o

Schedule