Demetrio Albertini thread

Should Serie A Clubs Have "B" To Bring Along Young Talent ?

• Of course, It Would Benefit All Parties, Player, Club & National Team !

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Nah ! We are just fine as is ! !

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
www.acmilan-online.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OFFICIAL: Albertini to Atletico
5.7 || webmaster || Football Italia

Milan have agreed to loan veteran midfielder Demetrio Albertini to Atletico Madrid for next season. Albertini, who made his Rossoneri debut back in 1989, has been told he is surplus to requirements at the San Siro.

The 30-year old has struggled with injuries in recent seasons - playing just 36 League games in the last two seasons - and a recent lay-off forced him to miss Italy’s World Cup where he would have been a certain starter. The emergence of Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo and Massimo Ambrosini in Milan coupled with the arrival of Clarence Seedorf have forced Albertini out of Coach Carlo Ancelotti’s plans. Atletico are keen to add the experienced midfielder to the roster after winning promotion back to the Primera Liga this summer.

Albertini won five Italian titles and a European Cup while with Milan and has spent his entire career at the San Siro bar a year’s loan at Padova. He is expected to meet Atletico officials over the weekend to discuss the deal.

Milan have also loaned Spanish striker Jose Mari to the Madrid club having previously sold Argentine defender Fabio Coloccini and forward Javi Moreno to Atletico. Talks are ongoing between the Spanish side and Lazio over veteran midfielder Diego Simeone.

www.acmilan-online.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Albertini's press conference
5.7 || webmaster || acmilan.com

>ALBERTINI: 'My career at Milan? Exciting'

MILANELLO - I'm not disappointed, neither angry, Demetrio Albertini points out during the press conference, It's a turning point of my life, a new chapter begins. My successor? Massimo Ambrosini, who tried in the last days to convince me to stay. The biggest star I played with at Milan? Marco Van Basten'.
Demetrio defines his career at Milan with an adjective: 'Exciting'.

>DEMETRIO AND INTER MILAN

MILANELLO - During the press conference Demetrio Albertini reassures Milan supporters: If I had been offered to sign for Inter Milan, I wouldn't have agreed, Deme explains, How would I have managed to celebrate for the lost league titles?.
Then the Rossonero veteran midfielder looks ahead to his new experience in Spain: 'I go to play for an ambitious club. I think an important championship as the Spanish Liga will be an incentive to do well'.

>ALBERTINI'S MESSAGE TO THE SUPPORTERS

MILANELLO - Demetrio Albertini has a last word for Milan supporters. 'I want to thank all my fans for the affection they showed in these years. Even those who sometimes hissed me', the midfielder says, 'Despite some criticism, they give me marvellous times. Milan have wonderful supporters'.

>ALBERTINI: 'The right time for a new experience'

MILANELLO - After completing his loan move to Atletico Madrid, Demetrio Albertini gives an interview to the Milan Channel in his last day at Milanello. Milan will miss me very much? I'll have the same feeling. After 14 years here, it couldn't be any different. I don't know who feels worse, me or the club', a nostalgic Demetrio states.
His decision of moving to Spain has been taken in accordance with the club. 'I've talked a lot with the club which I consider as my family. We're both convinced the times are ripe for me to have a new experience after 20 years at Milan'.

>ALBERTINI AND ATLETICO'S CHOICE

MILANELLO - Demetrio Albertini explains the reasons why he has chosen to move to Atletico Madrid. 'The Spanish club really want me. That's what convinced me that I was making the right choice'.
Deme remembers the series of successes he had in his long career at Milan: 'As a man, my greatest achivement was to win everybody's respect. As a player, I've many happy memories, but perhaps the best one is when I lifted the Champions League in 1993-94'.

www.acmilan.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Albertini says goodbye

With his usual smile Demetrio Albertini said goodbye to Milan after 20 years there. He'll go out on a one-year loan to Atletico Madrid, being out of contract with Rossoneri in 2004. He hugged his team-mates during the morning training session and then, during the press conference, he explained the reasons of his choice to the supporters. 'It could have been a dream to finish my career at Milan, but it was impossible and so I decided to try this new experience. Nobody has ever assured me first-team football, I've always had to fight for a place in the team as the othe mates. This year it would have been different, that's why I took this decision in accordance with Milan. Something has changed, so after talking with the club, which is my family, we both agreed the time was ripe for a new experience abroad. I felt I couldn't be important for the team here and I knew there was another club which really wanted me. That's what convinced me it was the right choice. It was a well-pondered decision. After 20 years here, it couldn't be any different. Then Demetrio emotionally focused his attention on the present of the team: Milan are throwing out the veterans? I'd rather say it's a turning point: life goes on and it's time to make important choices for Milan good. I've never though of moving before, I had always renewed my contract with Milan. Maybe I could have also stayed here but I wanted to have another chance. I'm not disappointed, neither angry, but only moved because I'm saying goodbye to Ac Milan. It was a hard decision, the team-mates tried to convince me to stay. I spoke with Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta, but it was yesterday evening with Massimo Ambrosini that I was close to tears'. His eyes turned bright again when he spoke his last sentence: 'Yesterday evening, as Galliani called me to say the deal was clunch, I realized it was over. It's hard to say if I am coming back because there's nothing sure'.

2814_m400.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am sorry but i can't speak about this now... i've never been closer to crying because of football...

feel free to post your comments

scharatz

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, what can i possibly say... imagine how much Milan meant for Albertini. 20 years of his life spent at this club. No wonder it's like a family to him.

But summing it up it was good for him to move now so he so he won't dissapoint later, when he'll get older.

Although I am terribly sorry, as Albertini said, it is a starting point for Milan in a new era, and I second him by saying that MASSIMO AMBROSINI should be our new leader!

Thank you for everything Demetrio, and best of luck with Atletico.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I can just say that i feel very bad about this.....

This is very sad.I can't speak about this anymore....because i don't know what to say .....i just know that we will miss him so much.e is our legend.....

Good luck Albertini

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Good luck Albertini we are all rooting for you and wish you the best of luck. Let's all try to remember that he is not gone for good. We just loaned him for a year so he could be back if we sign him again. We can always hope. Ultimatly it is the best thing for everyone involved. We all want defenders, so we have to save as much as possible + we have a couple of great youngsters that have a beter so at playing and improving.

Also here is what I am thinking. We are in a way developing a great relationship to a newly promoted team in La Liga, so if they don't do well and go back down to 2nd division next year then we migh get a couple of good players in return. The you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours thing. I'd don't know, just a thought.

all in all ciao albertini, you will be greatly missed.
cry.gif

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
Oh well,I think Albertini will be back sooner or later in milan,don't you think?Anyway,milan is already in his blood.

So is Baresi,they both would come back to milan in the end.

Rex

Reaction score
I think it's wise thing to do by our management. They wouldn't like to see Albertini have been spending in next season in the bench with less of chance to be played. So Albertini for sure have thought his future with Milan under this circumstances. Loaning to Atletico would be the best option to him. Sorry for seeing that way, but I'm sure Albertini can be back on his top form like he used to be in early 90's.

Best of luck, Demetrio!!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i don't agree with our management. not even in the slightest way!
who says he's old? who says he's crap?

albertini is 30 years old! do we need a reminder to say that rui costa is.. how old? 30!? chamot? helveg? redondo? maldini? :conf:

and speaking of maldini, have you seen his games at this WC? he is the most responsible one for the goals against mexico and korea! and did anybody say "maldini is old (4 years older than albertini) and he plays like crap. let's loan him to atletico" NO!

and nobody wasn't supposed to say that for maldini but the same goes for albertini as well!

now, let's look it from the financial side of it. what is the point of loaning 30 years old player!? to gain experience or what!?

i simply don't understand. if somebody can explain it to me, please do it. i don't see the point of this!

scharatz

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Financial side: to cut costs. Milan will only pay half of his salary.

I agree Maldini sucked big time in this WC and I have doubts he'll perform as well as he used to this year. Our management will probably get rid of Maldini next year or force him to retire.

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm very very dissapointed about this.
A big big mistake!
Albertini is still a hero. Our hero. Our pride!!!

Grazie Demetrio! You'll never Walk alone!

Reaction score
Official: Demetrio Albertini thread

What do you think about Demi?
In my opinion he is a grat champion and I think that milan should take him back!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Albertini (at this point in their careers) is probably a better player than Fernando Redondo, but the fact of the matter is, Milan would be more likely to sell him to a Serie A newcomer. I would think Sampdoria would be a good fit. The Genoa club has a decent history and would welcome a former International like Demi.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
I don´t think Albertini is better than Redondo....

Actually it´s a very long time since Albertini really perfomed well for Milan and I believe his time at the club is up.

We won´t win any championships by fielding players who were good 5-6 years ago, even if it is Albertini.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
A typical of Milan Player... good, skilfull and have a great determination...

I think he'll back to milan... maybe as a player maybe as a coach, maybe an administrator or else.... :head:

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He isn't Demi as he use to be... I would love Demi back in MILAN - he can contribute a lot but I don't think he can hold a regular first team place. He can play as a well experienced backup.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
well i think pirlo is kind alike albertini...

they're both good at controllin' the match,
but albertini is(or was?) better at tacklin' than pirlo,
and although some of you might say that pirlo is better at offense, but albertini's long passes is what pirlo hasn't mastered yet,
and they both kick stunnin' free kicks!!!

anyway, just like zorro said, albertini is gettin' old and he's past his best time...so i doubt if he can get a position on the pitch if he comes back to milan.

so that's a delimma: i hope he can come back to us but i don't wanna see him on the bench...well go join leonardo then, demi!!

kaiser

Beginner
Reaction score
I seriously think v've got a waaay too big a squad containing current
or former national team players, one's who won one or more major trophies sometime in their careers. So it wud be smart to offload some of 'em and buy a truely class player with the funds.
and the most suitable players who sud leave r the older ones
(and I'm not talking bout maldini by the way :D )

I mean if Albertini plays, it'l relagate Pirlo to the bench and considering the fact the Pirlo is a decade younger than Albertini and that Pirlo is an upcomming Azzuri star, It wud be stupid to do such a thing

And we need that deep seated playmaker to support Rui Costa

sheva7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he was good player but i can't see him in the first team , he can play in the same role like brochi and dalla bona -coming from the bench.

Reaction score
Demetrio Albertini,Welcome!!

Last year,you come back with Lazio;
today you will back home with Atlanta for 2nd times.

We should not say welcome to you,
because san siro is your home,you should say welcome to me,to millions of milan's fans!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Since Rhijkard got a standing ovation the same should go to Albertini, i still feel he should be a member of our squad but we have the greatest supporters and for sure Demitrio will be welcomed with opened arms.

Besides tough match we havent beat them since 1998 at home.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Demetrio is one of Milan legend, from those glory days in early 90's. Such a pity he cannot be included in current squad. I guess Ancelotti simply cannot bear to watch his old team mate relegated to the bench by younger and fresher players. Especially against Pirlo/Gattuso, who are taking his place now.

A very warm welcome is much appropriate. I sometimes feel that Kaladzhe is not doing any honor to the number 4 Jersey.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio, Maldini, Sheva, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Nesta
Demetrio Albertini stay one from great players wear Milan shirt

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Welcome back Demetrio. :)
I would prefer to see him in the current Milan squad in the place of Dhorasoo, simply because Demetrio is a Milan legend and would always play his heart out for Milan and the Rossoneri public. :proud:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Milan legend :star:

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I certainly think that he deserves a place in Milan ahead of Dhorasoo and Brocchi. I wish he could get the opportunity to finish his career with Milan. Brocchi wants to leave for Lazio and if that does happen in the January transfer window, Albertini would be an ideal replacement.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
My favorite Demetrio moment was probably one of his last for Milan, and that was his 2 goals vs. Barcelona in the CL a number of years ago.

However, remember, we got Pancaro for Albertini, and it is safe to say that Pancaro was very critical last year in so many league games. Matter of fact, I believe he scored the winner against the Rondinelle last year. I certainly know he did much more than Albertini did in the Capital though.

However, seeing how Vikashia is about 31, I think bringing back Albertini for that role, would have been sensible and wise. whatever though. I am stoic on this. Yes, I agree Demetrio put in good service throughout the years, but I don't have the sort of sentimental attachment to him that I have had for other Milan players throughout the years. Thats just me though. :)

Reaction score
My friends,who can tell me: where is Albertini?

I only know Albertini leaved barcelona this summer.

Gazzetta have no news about him,so for me,from China,there are no way to know which club he is playing for.

Tell me please.

Forza MIlan!

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Albertini doesnt play anywhere. He is still looking for a team.

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
Sad to see such great player have to looking for team. I understand that for him in Milan maybe don't have place as player, but I'm sorry he isn't here. For me he is one of our legends.

Hope he'll get some role here..