All About Movies

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Rex said:
His leading role at starring Kingdom of Heaven wouldn't probably have been disappointed you, I suppose. ;)

IMO he's a good actor with the potential to become great.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I think he has a thing for being a knight :D Notice that most of his movies are of the same type: LOTR, Pirates of the Carrebean, Troy and now Kindgom of Heaven! The best for me so far has been Legolas in LOTR, I think he's good actor indeed :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I never like Orlando Bloomingsdale, he's just a pretty face lucky enough to be in great movies. Look at the fact: LOTR, the real star is the guy playing Aragon. Troy: Brad Pitt and Eric Bana. Pirates of the Carrabean: Johny "envy me - I'm shagging Vanessa Paradiss" Depp. Kinda like Jeff Goldbum.

I guess he's been playing a warrior type character because he wants role that make him look macho and add his appeal to male viewers. But then again, it's just my 2 cents comment.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
gaizka22 said:
Pirates of the Carrabean: Johny "envy me - I'm shagging Vanessa Paradiss" Depp.

Hehe! Now that was a cool character played superbly by Johnny Depp!

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
over at my side, Johnny Depp is gonna act in "charlie and the chocolate factory." anyone seen it? the sneak preview seems nice. :D

Rex

Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
I never like Orlando Bloomingsdale, he's just a pretty face lucky enough to be in great movies...

Then let me know, why producers and directors are still keen to be using him on the main project's role in their movies ? He's been lucky...? Fairly couldn't agree more with, but you can't only judge from the luck factor.

gaizka22 said:
I guess he's been playing a warrior type character because he wants role that make him look macho and add his appeal to male viewers. But then again, it's just my 2 cents comment.

Not fan of him, though. But I guess he wasn't allegedly asking a warrior type into his leading role, but scenario of the film was by far ideally suited to his job done.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
I watched "the phantom of the opera" two weeks ago forst time, now I have seen it twice ;) Have any of u guys seen it? I totally love it! all the music and the costumes and everything, but it's sad though :cry: Wouldn't recommend it 2 guys though, it's kinda like a gilrs movie... :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
r3dman said:
Hehe! Now that was a cool character played superbly by Johnny Depp!

Bcos the movie is a major success, a sequel is already planned (so predictable) and the one who will play Johnny Depp's father will be Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones! Now that's interesting, they both can trade strange accents...

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Bcos the movie is a major success, a sequel is already planned (so predictable) and the one who will play Johnny Depp's father will be Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones! Now that's interesting, they both can trade strange accents...

Are you serious? Keith Richards is the shit and I think Johnny Depp and he will be a hilarious combination! :D And Keith won't need any make-up for his role as a aging pirate... he just can be himself:D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
I never like Orlando Bloomingsdale, he's just a pretty face lucky enough to be in great movies. Look at the fact: LOTR, the real star is the guy playing Aragon. Troy: Brad Pitt and Eric Bana. Pirates of the Carrabean: Johny "envy me - I'm shagging Vanessa Paradiss" Depp. Kinda like Jeff Goldbum.

I'd say it's a matter of taste, some people would say Aragorn's the hero of the movie, but I think his role wouldn't have been complete without his buddies Legolas and Gimli the Dwarf ... For a beginning it's normal to start with simple roles, but Orlando did get a leading role in Kindgom of Heaven eventually ... Now that says something, doesn't it? ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate Orlando. He can change his haircut + colour quite nicely, but he can't act.

Is he gay ?

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
9.gif

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a serious question, Kyara :D Gotta admit I don't really follow his career + never cared much about LOTR.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
like why is the thing --> the big rocky fellow, it looks kind of scary. haha. but i wont mind watching it. seems nice. :D

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Roksana said:
I watched "the phantom of the opera" two weeks ago forst time, now I have seen it twice ;) Have any of u guys seen it? I totally love it! all the music and the costumes and everything, but it's sad though :cry: Wouldn't recommend it 2 guys though, it's kinda like a gilrs movie... :)

Just noticed this post.

Yes, I've seen this movie a while ago. I took a girl to see it and we both loved it. All worked out great in the end.

I thought it was gonna be this crappy cultural movie, but the music is just amazing. Webber's the man! (And Emmy Rossum is not bad either :D)

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Kyara said:
I'd say it's a matter of taste, some people would say Aragorn's the hero of the movie, but I think his role wouldn't have been complete without his buddies Legolas and Gimli the Dwarf ... For a beginning it's normal to start with simple roles, but Orlando did get a leading role in Kindgom of Heaven eventually ... Now that says something, doesn't it? ;)

You guys are confused. Frodo is definitely the hero of the movie.

I don't have anything against Orlando. But I don't pay attention to acting in movies like LOTR and Kingdom of Heaven because the plot is more important.

Rex

Reaction score
Fantastic Four's movie version should've done better than the comics. Only Jessica Alba cheered me up a bit for his beauty face and hot body.... :tongue: :D

The Human Torch... :tongue: Only girls and girls thing of what has always been on his mind..

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pnut408 said:
You guys are confused. Frodo is definitely the hero of the movie.
Well, I never said Aragorn is :conf: :tongue:
pnut408 said:
I don't have anything against Orlando. But I don't pay attention to acting in movies like LOTR and Kingdom of Heaven because the plot is more important.
Acting is the application of the story and if the acting is crap, the story would definitely not be told the way it is, right? ;)

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
LOTR goes for too long, i remember i was in the movie like 2 hours through and i needed to goto the toilet; i thought the movie was ending soon

needless to say at the end i ran out and stood at the toilet for about a minute :head:

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
I am so sick and tired of Lotr!! Everybody loves it! It is so mainstream and go with tha flow....let's talk about a more interesting movie...like Star Wars!! :D Now, who didn't love Revenge of the sith? :cool:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm maybe one of the few people in the world who has never seen a single Star Wars , Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movies...because I don't find this type of movies interesting.

For me the best movie I ever saw was "the Gods Must Be Crazy" part I & II...a hilarious comedy about bushmen in the Kalahari...

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I saw King Arthur a few weeks ago, decent film. Finally saw The Village and I wasn't impressed.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Rex said:
None of any vampire films were critically good but The Bram Stroker's Dracula was the best one. ;)

Naomi Watts stars The Ring 2 again, pixiraver ?

Kyara, I haven't seen Troy yet as part of your movie list. :D

That is a good one, too bad Keanu was in it.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
I'm going to see it next weekend. It looks very good.
Hope I don't get disappointed.

Rex

Reaction score
Anguisette said:
That is a good one, too bad Keanu was in it.

What's wrong with Keanu ? You think there's somebody else instead of Keanu to play the role which better job done...? :D